Why Forcibly make the grind longer for Alts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Kal~el Committed Player

They still had to play the content to get the gear even with replay badges. You WOULD NOT need to play the content on your alts to get gear and they would level up as soon as you put on the gear.

You say you want to pass the gear down so you can play your alts but you do not want to play them to level them. Does not make sense to me.

It does not help that you are on the villain side.
  2. Kal~el Committed Player

I am speaking in context to what the OP wants to do. I understand you ran the content but you would not need to run it on your alt.

Which is what he wants. He does not want to run the content on his alts to level it to earn that alts high end gear.
  3. XODUIS Committed Player

[IMG]

Take a good look at that photo. I'm not some noob who wants to skip content without paying. I've more than put in the time and effort to deserve some type of grind cut. I put 2+ years on my Main and 1+ on my 2nd Alt. Now me asking just to go to T3 is some sort of problem?
  4. XODUIS Committed Player

I agree but after just looking at LFG for an hour, no one is even running content below T6 anymore. So i might as well get to the level so i can actually play with people.
  5. Kal~el Committed Player

Here is the point I am making. There are currently 13 powers and soon to be 15 when the new ones come out. As a 125 cr healer I am able to run 5 reg raids and 2 elite raids, 3 alerts and 2 duos. All of which drop no less than 98 cr gear.

So If I get just one 98 piece from each boss that totals out to 36 pieces of 98 gear. The alerts and duos can be run daily so that is a total of 15 pieces of gear. Now some alerts and raids also drop 102 gear.

There is only 8 pieces of gear (not counting neck rings, mask, and weapon) that a toon needs. That means technically you can outfit 4 1/2 toons a day if you did not get any duplicates.Counting what I left out you would possibly be able to complete outfit 3 toons.

That is why this will never be allowed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Not a huge fan of replay badges either I do not buy them by themselves. They are nice tp have and I use then recreationally. I buy some annoying feats but not until that tier is completed or the relecancy window now. I've probably replayed ngn 2 times total and if i did that outs because all 3 of my toons were lot locked abd a friend asked fire help.

When leveling my alts I would only replay mbot obot and raven bounties..
  7. DivineSire Dedicated Player

How is it longer??
  8. Kal~el Committed Player

You are missing my point. You would not need to play the alt until you have given them all the high end gear and totally bypassing leveling that character.

I have created alts that I do not play regularly because I am playing my main three for their gear. By the time I get all of it the next set of gear comes out with the next episode.

It is a never ending grind for gear.
  9. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Don't really like the idea of someone instantly reaching end game on an alt without having enough time to actually learn their new powers/loadouts. It's sad enough seeing CR 120+ who can't support role, or are junk DPS.
    I suppose your idea would be more plausible if there was a minimum CR requirement to equip the traded gear. For example, you must be CR 98 to receive IL 98 gear (remember CR = 1.15 x IL). So it could help building up without over building up.
  10. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Just make dropped gear untuned, it sucks to be lvling up a troll n all I get is worthless tank and healer gear
    • Like x 2
  11. XODUIS Committed Player

Every DLC added, the grind is longer to get your Alt to where your Main is. Back in the day i had no problem running on Alts because T3 was the highest and it wasn't that bad. Now with every DLC it's getting harder and harder. And people aren't running old raids anymore due to boredom/fatigue/lack of players.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Not seeing a problem.

13 (soon to be 15) characters need to have 13 pieces of gear that roughly make up 169 pieces total. If you ran NGN, FE, HH, HoH, LoLs, and TotD on each lockout (daily/weekly) and was lucky each run to get a different piece that would complete each set of 98 or better for each alt. You are looking at 36 pieces weekly. It would take over a month to fill all 13 alts. That of course includes luck of the draw.

Also, keep in mind, you also have mainframe stuff to deal with.

Look at it this way, you can run and just level alts and never play them, or you can run on an alt you choose to run on to help fill a group.
    • Like x 2
  13. DivineSire Dedicated Player

The grind is, in my opnion, shorter now then it use to be when I first started and with update 47 some high tiered players actively avoid raising their cr's due to the relevant content window which can tier jump without you wanting it. There are also still players that play older content from high cr to low for whatever reasons but it may seem that no one is due to various circumstances like the ones you mentioned along with the start of summer, newer games being released, etc.

Just relax and play and you may find that now you will move up quicker than you want.
    • Like x 1
  14. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I have had no problems with this.
  15. Sbel Devoted Player

It takes a little longer without raids, but nowhere near 6 months. Unless you can only play like a few times a month.
    • Like x 2
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think he's villain side. Forming groups outside of current tier is a nightmare.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sbel Devoted Player

USPS Villain, yes. But I could level a character just using solos in less than 6 months. Much faster if I have at least one friend.

Edit: I wouldn't mind being able to trade gear like that, but I hate the amount of hyperbole people use.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, no doubt on that. I just started working on my Ice Villain again and queued up for level 100 content... Nothing popped. When a hero leaguemate logged into mumble, I begged him to run the AF1 duos. lol It is a nightmare. It actually was better when you could walk into content for marks/gear, but we all know what happened there. At least with what the OP is proposing, the high end content has to be ran.

Yeah, there is a ton of hyperboles happening on these forums. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Iconic gear.. Run the vault. All those items are tradeable and can be used on alts via when they're 30.. hope that helps.
    • Like x 1
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Gear should be account bound....especially T6 ^ gear. Once the gear is attuned it is attached to the character; unattuned gear should be account bound until attuned.

Just my thoughts on this. Prior to T6, players should do the grind as T5 and lower gear is not unattuned.