Why don't Batman and the Outsiders exist in DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Has2besaid, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Has2besaid Committed Player

Why don't Batman and the Outsiders exist as a team in the DCUO? They had some cool costumes, especially Katana; and some cool villains. The Masters of Disaster, The Force of July, The Nuclear Family and Kobra (with a "K"). It would be kinda cool to see a world where they were still a team.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. AV Loyal Player

There's even a Metamorpho model already v.v;
    • Like x 1
  3. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Because they suuuuuuck.... I'm just kidding with you.

Actually, I would love to see the Legion of Super Heroes in game. They could also make the 31st Century as a new open world environment. (Just don't make it based on either Gotham or Metropolis)
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

DCUO exists as its own canon and may take some comic stories and shift it into DCUO Lore. Not every story we get will come straight from the comics. Its not to say this story in some form may come down the road but only time will tell.
  5. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Pick the styles you like and post them in the Dev sections where they are asking for idea's on what styles you want to see next.
  6. Sean Wheeler New Player

Batman does exist in DCUO. He's the Tech Mentor, and he has so many skins in Legends. As for the Outsiders, the DCUO Wiki has an article on them, so they probably exist. They don't have a major role.
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Kobra is one of the bigger missed opportunities in the game so far. Like Darkseid, Kobra has a built-in army that would provide the adds.

[IMG]

Probably the best way to tie into Kobra right now would be an adaptation of the Leviathan story running through the Superman series (and then into its own series “Event Leviathan”). Leviathan was taking out all of the other big organizations that could oppose it, and Kobra could be included in that.

An Event Leviathan episode could also use a lot of styles and elements already in the game - Checkmate, Argus, Task Force X and League of Assassins. The devs even have Checkmate styles they created but never used:

[IMG]

“Event Leviathan” could be a good episode the more I think on it. Also an opportunity to visit some other good characters. Only click the link if you don’t mind spoilers.
    • Like x 1
  10. Doom Patroller Active Player

I'd be happy if we were asked which characters and/or story arcs we would like to see next, instead of which styles and base items we'd like to see next.