Why does Rage need Rage Crash mechanic?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Jun 27, 2017.

1. BumblingB I got better.

You just crashed, didn't you?

/votekick gimpy
    • Like x 4
  2. Gimpy Loyal Player

LOL, hey that actually happened when I joined a Love and War League run someone invited me into.

League Leader started screaming( caps) in group chat "why are we carrying this guy!? He keeps crashing!
    "
    It was actually his own League mate who was a Rage DPS that was crashing and was admitting it over the mic while the LL was off in another voice chat.

Vote was initiated and denied, he was furious and came back to the chat screaming and yelling right up to the point the rage DPS started going ballistic over the mic and told him to check the SB, not 1 single death on my part, suddenly I was gone.

Was later told the Leader demanded in league chat that I be kicked so a better tank could be brought in who was a member of the league or he would start demoting and kicking any who disagreed.

He lost quite a few members the next day when the news made the rounds.

I believe he is (or was) a regular forum member. Haven't seen him post in some time though.
    • Like x 2
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Hence the term "high risk, high reward." Three other important things:

1. The only reason rage crash is a problem in current content is because of the way the heals work. Rage heals back 100% of damage, correct? But...you can't heal back if you're dead. So the real problem isn't rage crash, it's one shots. What you should be asking for is...devs, please remove 1 shots from the game. Good news, in the revamp they are.

2. If you can't remember to either mitigate or cancel rage crash, don't blame the game for it. It's exactly the same as getting stunned as any other tank power but you don't have any breakouts free (or forget to use it in time). Are you going to ask the devs to remove stuns too since they result in you dying?

3. In a way, you already got your wish, at least part way. In the revamp, the devs removed the heal back 100% damage mechanic and made up for it with additional defense. Now we only heal back about 70%. (Unless they changed rage in 1.7, which I haven't tested rage at.)

Rage tanking is awesome for alerts or other instances where you have no healer present or they're down. As long as the troll's still up, a rage tank can save the group. That's the high reward we're talking about. Not even fire can touch that. So, can the group wipe if you don't rage cancel? Possibly, but not probably. The chances are the same as any other tank who messes up. But you can also help the group in ways no other tank can. That's what makes rage tanking unique and special. We (everyone else responding in the thread who isn't insulting you, while you play the semantics game) don't want it to be identical to fire or atomic (which are very different powers as well).

One thing I do wish the devs would do is extend the timer for rage crash from 8 seconds to 12. Why? Just to cut back on rage's power usage a bit.
    • Like x 3
  4. BumblingB I got better.

That's why I made that joke, I've seen it happen too. lol

I know the animation for rage crashing and it's funny to see it happen. I usually point and laugh. "You just rage crashed, didn't you?" And get a response, "yeah... my bad". It's all jest. Kind of like how Trex makes it his thing about crashing to the point his league uses it in their name.

Honestly, the mechanic is great and I was rage for quite a while after the launch. I'm in one of Spytle's videos as a rage lantern Blue Beetle. I just like Gadgets more. I like Earth and Rage for tanking. I can't fire very well and Ice is just... don't like.

I don't get the OP, he's asking for a reason to have it, but why can't "it's just fun to have" work? I just wish the devs would remember rage when coming up with mechanics that can't be cancelled in. (Teleporting, phasing, etc.) It's always an afterthought. lol
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

Geezzz, I've seen that name in-game before, PvP maybe? The outback?

Sorry, short term memory, yadda, yadda, 420 friendly, yada, yada, it could have been FOS 2 or 3 , last brain cell only functions when misfiring most of the time.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Spytle or Trexlight?

Spytle was the original Creative Director of DCUO which is now NerdOfPrey.

Texlight is a player that used to be the host of DCUO Sourcecast.
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

Blue Beetle ya fool!:p
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Or atomic.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Wrong. The risk/reward for rage tanking is its ability to super buff it's health, heal thru damage done, etc. If there was no crash, you'd be able to constantly buff your health so high, even 9ne shots wouldn't kill you. You'd also be able to health yourself like crazy.

I know what your asking, but you 2ont find it here. You want rage tanking redesigned. You've also lashed out at most who post replies. You've given you fix yourself. You've put it out there for others to give suggestions. Your answer is, no one wants it changed, except for you.

The only people with REAL issues with rage are those with bad Internet or PS3. Lag can be rages worst enemy. Even for these people, it won't be changed.
    • Like x 2
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

Why don't you play with a power less stressful then, rage is the most tank to play with just because that bit of a risk, love it. If you disagree go and black all the way with other tanks
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

Hehehehe,

I play on a 1.4mb connection and a PS3 and didn't have any issues playing rage, didn't really have lag until AOJ and usually it's only Area 51 while in the command center area .
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

LOL @ this thread. No one gave answers on the risk vs reward of rage tanking? The reward is obvious, the high health u can get. The risk is crashing. If ya didnt crash u could buff your health to a very high # and never die. This is obvious. Anyone who has rage tanked knows this. Its common knowledge.

And btw my ice tank started off as rage. I started tanking as rage. And i switched back n forth between ice and rage 3 times each. So ive rage tanked and definitely know how to play the power.

Its amazing to me we have players at end game who dont know how their power works. Or even worse in testing feedback for the revamp when they dont know how their power works but there they are testing away and giving feedback. This is why i have major concerns about this upcoming revamp.

I also love how replies are considered "insults" when the person asking the questions clearly isnt informed but when told the correct answer(s) they say "nope u guys are all wrong." Why bother asking then?
    • Like x 3
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ok, but how many kids are in yur house on netflix, youtube, etc. It gets bad sometimes.
  15. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

for some people that is the only encouragement they need, which is why i keep pointing out hard content shouldnt get a reward cause people who would enjoy doing hard things dont do it for the reward.. the experience is the reward itself.
  16. Gimpy Loyal Player

None, just me using the connection and DCUO is only game installed.
  17. RLManuel Committed Player

You guys are sooo right.... why make rage more enjoyable for the majority when you can keep it the way it is for the minority'... lol

I'd also talk about how I've played Rage for years and it's the character I've got 285sp on but then again, why would I do that when you can just continue to assume I don't know how to rage tank... lol
  18. RLManuel Committed Player

Lol so if you reply to a thread(this thread for example) and read the OP and then go off a say that the OP has no idea how the power works or how to reduce or cancel Rage Crash... that's not an insult? It also would appear that I am not properly informed...

An insult is an insult, unless it is constructive, meaning you can say I have no idea how the power works or that I've been misinformed and then post things that would actually help with Rage Crashing... not just say that I don't know anything...

High risk/ high reward..
    Rage dps = high risk And depending on your sp it would equal high reward, if you aren't dying left and right...
    Rage tank= high risk and you can heal 100% at the moment(not in revamp) but your reward is getting high health right? But does your high health save you from Rage Crash? Or make it easier for bosses and adds to knock you out?
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The answer is smacking you upside the head....the high reward...your survivability. If you're alive at the end of doing all of that, you've done it right. Do it wrong and you're dead. It really is that simple.
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Don't cancel Rage Crash, knock yourself out. Don't cycle your shields properly, get knocked out (Ice). Don't boost your health and block in time, get knocked out (Fire). Don't Mitigate incoming damage and block on time, get knocked out (Earth). Don't have your Quark-Gluon Aura up while maintaining combos, get knocked out (Atomic). Unlike Earth and Fire, you don't sit there turtling, and praying your healers keep you alive while taking a massive beating from too many adds. It's just as active as Atomic (and Rage came first). It's the sturdiest tank that excels at taking on more enemies at one time, where other tanks have to be careful about pulling too many adds on top of themselves.
    • Like x 1