Why does Rage need Rage Crash mechanic?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Jun 27, 2017.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

I asked for Rage Crash to be removed and get nothing but insults and talks about rage tanking gives high rewards. But not one of you ( the VERY few Rage players) can give a good answer, when asked "what high reward does rage tanking give you".

As a matter of fact what high reward does Tanking give you anyway? Cause last time I checked high risk/ high reward only works for DPS...
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

when rage was super strong there were tons of them the lack isn't due to the difficulty as it's not its due to the power not being top dog right now... no, the mechanic doesn't need to go away people who want to know how to use it need only to practice
  3. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Rage is all about risk and reward. Use the audio cues to perfect your timing.

In this video the mechanic is explained in detail by your friendly neighborhood Spytle and Mepps.
  4. RLManuel Committed Player

People keep saying it's about high risk high reward. But that only applies to DPS...

what high reward is there for tanking with Rage?
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The reward is living. What better reward to have then staying alive through the worst scenarios?

As stated if rage isn't for you then please purchase a power token and don't try to get what makes rage an iconic tank removed.
    • Like x 3
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

What insults?

Do tell me what insults were posted, because I see none. The only thing I see is everyone disagreeing with this thread, including myself.
    • Like x 2
  7. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

1. The reward as with any tank is to protect the lives of your teammates and minimize collateral damage.

2. The more adds that a rage tank has around him or her the higher his/her health gets.

3. The rage crash mechanic allows for Rage to feel different from other power sets.

4. Rage also can heal itself for insane amounts. Which in turn makes them one of the most sturdiest tanks in the game.
    • Like x 2
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Imagine a rage tank with no rage crash only a developer could destroy such a beast
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The reward is near-invincibility under the correct circumstances. Rage excels in content with multiple enemies because you can stack health likes there's no tomorrow. The main weakness it has is 1v1 boss fights. Every Tank power has its own unique method of survivability. You could argue that Fire, Rage and Atomic are all self healing Tank power sets, which is true, but they way they heal themselves is different in each power set. The rage crash mechanic is the reason Rage is my favourite tanking power.

Let's say they did take away that mechanic, which they won't, what would you suggest to replace it? If you're going to campaign for something to be removed then at least suggest an alternative.
    • Like x 2
  10. RLManuel Committed Player

One of the sturdiest tanks that can knock itself out lol
  11. RLManuel Committed Player

Change it to something that allows it to absorb the enemies Rage without it killing yourself in the process, if something happens that makes it impossible to cancel Rage Crash. Or make it like the comics...

Or bring in Blue Lantern healers that can negate Rage Crash damage.

Atomic and Fire can heal themselves without knocking themselves out in the process. Is it to much to ask for Rage to do the same?

Also... the reward is near invincibility under the correct circumstances? lol really?
  12. RLManuel Committed Player

Not if they brought it in line with Fire and Atomic self heals
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

Unless they ninja changed it since I last played my rage tank toon .

Just make life easier for yourself, remove E-chain from your load out and replace it with Galling Eruption which doesn't require the "combo" to cancel rage crash.
  14. ZeusShock Well-Known Player

If they did this it wouldnt be such a unique powerset..... if they did this people would complain that the powers are virtually the same/feel the same with different animations...
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

E-chain or any of the other combos doesn't require the full combo either, just hit the initial power and you'll cancel the crash.
  16. RLManuel Committed Player

Galling eruption doesn't cancel Rage Crash it only reduces its damage if you are standing in it.. when I'm tanking with Rage I've noticed that I don't have to use the combos to cancel Rage Crash. So when I'm using e-chain or outrage I can use the first move and that's it.
  17. RLManuel Committed Player

The only thing that makes powers unique are there visuals. No tank power feels the same, and removing or replacing Rage Crash would not change that..
  18. BumblingB I got better.

I think he's talking about plasma wretch. It cancels.

As for risk vs reward they designed it to be a berserker power. Where you would attack in tank stance. They made it where you would differ damage as long as it doesn't one shot you and allowed you to buff your health to prevent that.

The problem isn't the rage mechanic but the content. You have to block since they didn't want you to cancel all the time and put a cooldown on all the cancellers unlike dps.

There is risk and reward and then there is one shots.
  19. Gimpy Loyal Player

I had a feeling I used the wrong attack and I did, should have been Plasma Retch which "ignores" the crash, GE only mitigates it.

I never used any of the "combo" powers in my load out back then (before savage state was added) so was going by memory but according to the current descriptions, You're correct as they say "attacks or combos".

I guess that makes rage tanking even easier if a player can ignore using all combos to cancel/mitigate the crash and use any choices of those powers.

Can't really see a justification for a tank to use "savage state" but I'm sure some might see it as "damage from attacks helps the amount of healing", never had much of a problem healing without it myself before it was added.

Did have the majority of players claiming I was crashing because I didn't use E-chain though, even when I was the last one standing with no deaths and had to wipe.

No deaths and I crashed? Yeah, lol
  20. Gimpy Loyal Player

You Sir are correct.

I'm betting players are still equating those 1 shots to crashing even.