why do we have to flex after getting getting back up?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pink Revenge, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Pink Revenge Committed Player

why? who thought this was an awesome idea??
    • Like x 2
  2. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Same reason you stretch when you get out of bed :p

In all seriouness whats the issue here lol?
    • Like x 3
  3. Pink Revenge Committed Player

because it's insanely annoying to be knocked out, picked up, rallied, only to be unable to drink a soder or roll away because you just HAVE to do a cute @#$%ing stretch and then die again?
    • Like x 1
  4. BlazeChamp Committed Player

Don't die. Problem solved.
    • Like x 5
  5. Pink Revenge Committed Player

oh i never thought of that. thanks genius. :D
    • Like x 1
  6. BlazeChamp Committed Player

No problem, Pinkie
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

I think you just answered your own question. The stretch is there to annoy you and to make it likely that you'll immediately die again.

I can't see any other reason anyway. ;)
    • Like x 6
  8. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

For real, I want an option to choose an animation. I'd love that flip from falling down to getting back up that some of the NPCs do. BreakDance style
    • Like x 3
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Wait there is a flex animation? Is this new?
  10. darkscarletx Loyal Player

It is to show: I'm back b****** lol
    • Like x 4
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

It used to be that you couldn't drink a soder until the animation is over. Now you can drink a soder not immediately, but during the animation. It makes sense from a story perspective: someone attended to your wounds and spirit and rallied you back into the fight. You come back with a sliver of health you didn't have before. In that weakened state you have to stretch and get your bearings before you can do much of anything.

You can wait almost indefinitely to rally. Wait until it's safe. You do no one any good getting knocked out again. And, chances are you're not as important as you think you are.
    • Like x 7
  12. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

But if I wait to rally then someone might beat me on the scoreboardz and I will lose all my self esteems from being top dps with my cookie cutter load out that everyone with the same power az me uses! I wantz to just stand up in the middle of adds and the bozz and kill stuffs more!!
    • Like x 9
  13. Kreachure Committed Player

You can drink a soda, use immunity powers/certain shields, pop heals, buffs, trinkets and supercharges the second you get up AND you can jump (cancel) away. On top of all this the animation is like 1 second long. So I dunno if you're just upset 'cause someone got more numbers than you on an irrelevant scoreboard or you just didn't know this common knowledge.

Be thankful. In most MMORPGs most of the time you can only get back up after the boss fight.

(Sorry for coming off so blunt. But I don't understand how this is even something to complain about.)
    • Like x 5
  14. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

Lol
  15. Pink Revenge Committed Player

it's to show "i'm back but i'm about to die again so pick me up again please" ;)
  16. Pink Revenge Committed Player

you most certainly CANNOT drink a soda immediately. perhaps if you're lagging and it LOOKS like you're able to do it but if you have a good connection and a PS4 you can't just get up and drink a soder. and it's NOT a 1 second animation.

if you don't find this to be an issue, don't comment. clever smug wordplay like "don't die is the key" doesn't help.

it has nothing to do with chasing a scoreboard either. nice strawman btw. as a HEALER, if i do get knocked out and revived and cannot drink a soder or heal myself or others because of this delay and i AM hit again in this delay, it's my GROUP CONTRIBUTION not selfish pewpewpewpew that i lose.

good try with the know-it-all sarcasm though.
    • Like x 1
  17. Pink Revenge Committed Player

as the SOLO healer [you know... the ONLY kind a group will take]... i don't have the luxury of sitting around and not rallying. and the solo healer is exactly as important as we're forced to be because the rest of you pewpewpew addicts can't stand things taking an extra two minutes and one [or more] of you sliding in with @#$% damage out because you can hide in a group of 5 dps.
    • Like x 3
  18. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

You do realize that you can clip your Soder with your Rally, don't you?
  19. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

They let you die, so rally when it's safe, that'll show them to bodyguard their heals! :D
    • Like x 3
  20. Antwoman Dedicated Player

I mean i get what you are saying its like when I play MH4U and I drink a potion and do a flex afterwards all the while a giant monster is heading towards you. I think you are saying like what would haven't realistically, would someone in real life if these situation was real had a healing soda use it and then flex after words all in the middle of a fight? (if someone is like yeah I would then in real life many wouldn't bother to pick you up lol). A lot of games do this I don't know why I guess to let you know you are healing. I'll tell you this I rather the animation ins this game compared to MH4U some are ridiculous.
    • Like x 1