why do healers have push/pulls?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Robotsidekick, May 16, 2021.

1. Robotsidekick Active Player

When their dom is so low it doesn't work unless you are in very low content
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I can't speak on pulls because none of my healing abilities have a pull, but the healing abilities I have that can CC are stuns, knockdowns and push backs. These can CC adds despite my Dominance and help keep mobs off of me until the tank can pull them away.
    • Like x 1
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

Sometimes their Dom is not so low. Shield-heavy loadouts can benefit from the extra Dom, since it improves Shield durability.
  4. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Not only does it help with shield durability but Domininance also contributes to improving healing done aswell so you do get people who put some points into dominance once they max out restoration and possibly power and might.

But as others have stated it just minor crowd control till the tank pulls or DPS wipe adds from you.
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Its funny wearing op pieces that give a dps a lot of dom. You run a lower raid like t6 and you end up cc'ing all the ads with dps powers.

But for pulls and pushes, depends on the powerset. Those powers do work in duos and solos and open world, so you don't necessarily need dom to use them. I prefer good cc powers that knock the enemies around senseless like electrostatic bomb or resonating gale or quantum singularity, now those are fun to use! Frost slam, without mercy, savage growth, those are fun too.
    • Like x 3
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

This is true - I use WotP to keep adds helpless juggled, and Consume Soul to pull adds off people I don't want them on. It works, either as DPS, or should I have to Heal a duo like Penitentiary E.
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Would love to nature tank. Imma leave that there.
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Because physics effects (push/pull/stun/juggle) are fun for gameplay. Very helpful in leveling 1-30. Designed not to be super helpful in recent content (dom requirements) so as not to annoy the tank (stats revamp update).
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not sure if it still works but I previously did a dom healer build with nature just for giggles lol. I used full dom origin and adaptive augments, 3 tank artifacts, maxed out dom (then rest in resto), and elite OP gear. I reached enough dom to actually be able to CC adds in the current elite raid at the time. It was funny going into the raid and being able to harvest adds like before lol.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'm not sure a situation where I would want to use Pull as a healer, even if it were super powerful. Push yes...stuns yes...Pull? No thanks. Maybe in a 4 man SM type environment where you expect a lot of deaths and would want a pull to allow someone else to do a pickup? Other than that...leave the adds as far as possible thanks.
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The current elite raid requires a 24169 Dom, with gemini, and two tank artifacts, 3 op items from the last DLC, a max Dom, and an Dom augments ... you can have over 27,000 ...
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So what you’re saying is.... it should be the new meta? (Joking). I won’t even attempt to do the math on how much weaker the heals would be. Mainly cause I don’t know how much resto the player would have. But should be as simple as “if a heal does 1000 healing at base with dom build it would heal x along with healer build it would heal y amount.

If you happen to know the range that healers can have resto to I’m interested in seeing how much it changes. But maybe a water healer with both shields? Lol. Thou I still like my nature being able to harvest adds in elite again lol.
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Will you believe if I say that healing will suffer no more than 2-3%? By the way, I forgot that I did not buy a buff for the support stats in the league ... so with it you can safely change one or even two tank artifacts for healing ones and at the same time collect these 24,000 Dom ...
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wow really? Screw resto lol. If it were water for example with a shield build it could go manacles since it helps healer shields too (well not 200 bonus). The purple heal artifact and Gemini? Oooooo with drown to help build sc while also adding CC?
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It's funny you guys bringing Healer pulls up. A couple weeks ago I was doing Phoenix Cannon with some League mates and just as we were getting to the final Metal Knights bosses one of the players we LFGed wanted to try and Tank it. I said sure because my Atomic or Rage tank could use the break but when he switched Armory I was super confused cause he was Celestial! I had no clue anyone would think you could Celestial Tank? Is this a thing or trend in our community now? Anyways I just quickly switched back. Poor guy was disappointed he lost his chance lol
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve actually seen a couple celestial tanks. Most healer pills are single target. Nature has vine lash (aoe in gorilla), sorcery has soil syphon I believe which might be a cone, electric has attract which is single target I believe, and I can’t remember what water has. But the celestial pulls if I remember correctly is a 360 pull. Unless I’m mistaken. So I’ve seen quite a few celestial tanks before. Thou I haven’t seen one recently. Maybe cause I don’t run older stuff much anymore and dom healers are very rare
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Honestly i wasnt aware that all powers have pulls, why cant every power be made to do any role? Itd be a huge overhaul but mental tanking would also be pretty fire
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup. This has been suggested many times.

Sorcery can easily fit all roles. Guardian to let tank like earth.
    Nature can be a stance change tank with gorilla.
    Electric is a little harder. Maybe mitigation tanking? Using electric to self buff?
    Celestial already has some innate pulls so a combo based tank like atomic
    Water would easily be a shield tank

Fire uses healing flames.
    Ice soothing as heals (putting ice on an injury)
    Earth is a little harder. But maybe do something like soothing sands and add healing to totem for the group?
    Rage is straight forward. Use range to themselves like rage already does but for the group.
    Atomic is very easy. Atomic regeneration.

Gadgets can use tech to heal and tank
    Mental can use the mind to heal and telekinesis to tank
    HL uses will power to heal and constructs to tank
    Quantum time manipulation to reverse damage (heal) and space to tank (pulls)
    Munitions is pretty much like gadgets. Med packs to heal weaponry to tank.

And trolling is just... add debuffs to each power. Done.

How many people would spend money day one just to get artifacts for each role lol. They are standing on a gold mine but oh well
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If they ever do this they better give us more inventory and bank slots availability. Carrying 4 complete sets of gear will get heavy.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Theoretically they could continue with 2 sets of gear: one for damage stats and one for support stats.
    • Like x 2