Why Can't We All Just... Get Along???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Splinter Cell, May 19, 2014.

1. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

The amount of crying, and even bickering on this forums over the most recent changes, and additions, to this game are beyond boiling over. It's mind-numblingly dull to read through all these non-constructive posts. The backbiting isn't going to solve anything, and it's certainly not going to get any attention from the developers. If we're going to get our point across on the forums, we need to be a little more respectful and civil. This thread is for constructive feedback.... I'll take a moment to let that thought sink in............................ Yes, constructive feedback. Let us start by looking at what the most recent changes to the game are, and have a look at the pros and cons. Are they flawless?? Absolutely not. Do they bring a fresh change of pace, and much needed assistance where some balance issues were? Certainly. Is it the be-all-end-all? No. Is it the end of DCUO as we know it and love it? Not even remotely close. So, without further a due, let's look back at GU36 (my commentaries will be in bold blue):

Legendary Savings! (PlayStation)
    Playstation DCUO Subscription Members will now receive a 10% discount on all in-game item purchases! This discount does not include Marketplace Cash, Subscriptions, or DLCs. Awesome addition to the game. That's almost the same as getting an employee discount, which is around 10-15% depending on where you worked.

All Access Membership! (PC)
    One Membership. One Price. All the perks! It’s your ticket to exceptional value, savings and benefits in a boat load of award-winning online games. Game on, friends.
    DCUO PC Membership now includes: Premium benefits in all SOE games and 10% discount on Marketplace Items! (Members will still enjoy access to all DLC packs and a 500 Station Cash reward to claim each month.)
    10% Discount only applies to purchases made using Station Cash or real world currency. Excludes purchase of virtual currency, memberships, and purchases made using in-game currency. Again, another great way to bring in more people in order to get them to try other games. I, personally, only have enough time to invest in DC Universe Online, and I love every bit of it. Which reminds me, today is my day to redeem my 500SC. :D

Combat Balance Changes
    As part of our ongoing balance initiatives and to give us a solid foundation for the future, many changes have been made to combat and Powers. For details, please see the Combat section below. I'll cover this within that section, but it sounds good, right?

Hide the Heads-Up Display (HUD) during Gameplay
    We have added an option in the Settings menu that allows players the option to turn off the appearance of their HUD during gameplay. This should allow for even more epic video and screenshot creations! Neat little option, though I haven't taken advantage of it yet.

Tier 6 Research and Development
    With Game Update 36, Research and Development enters Tier 6! Many of these items will not be available to players until Amazon Fury Part I is available. Drop rates for Focusing Element VI could be increased a little bit, but other than that, I do like advancing my character more with some new mods.

New on the Marketplace: Total Recovery Kits!
    Use this R&D Part to recover all of the Exobytes used to create an R&D Mod. Also works on Mods already socketed into equipment. This process destroys the Mod but leaves the equipment intact. Total Recovery Kits are available individually (150 SC/MC), in packs of four (500 SC/MC), or in packs of ten (1000 SC/MC). Say hello to the new cash grab, much like replay badges, I can imagine these kits selling very VERY well. I already have 2 stacks, myself. :) Hate farming those exobits. ;)

Armories
    • Fixed an issue that could cause Armories to become invalid for players. Good fix.

Combat
    Jump Canceling Changes:
    • Channeled powers and abilities with durations can be canceled by jumping, allowing you to end the ability early without being stuck in an animation for potentially several seconds at a time. The behavior of jump canceling has changed. When jump canceling an ability, you still end the ability instantly and can move instantly, but you may not begin attacking again until you reach the animation “dovetail” for that ability. The dovetails for these abilities vary from between 0.8 and 1 second. This was needed. Badly. And I'll explain my position on it. One, it looked very silly to pull this off, and 2, it wasn't meant to be in the game. Since LAUNCH it wasn't meant to be, but they couldn't fix it for awhile. Then, a few pros took it the extreme and basically made it a MUST in order to be competitive. If you didn't JC, you were a scrub and fell behind. A broken tool, is not a tool at all. Exploiting it the way A TON of players have was selfish, silly, and it brought a lot of attention to it. I think the dovetail was more than generous, because they could have removed it altogether. So, for those of you guys crying over this fix, you brought it on yourself by bringing so much attention to it in the first place. Am I upset over the changes to Photon Blast? No. I adapt and move on with my life. A fix isn't a nerf, sorry, it's just not and your boo-ing isn't gonna make it one. But, let's move on.
    • See the note below for the "Animation Consistency Pass" for information about specific abilities.
    Weapon Traits Changes
    Two-Handed
    • Hammer Throw now executes much more quickly and is now on par with other range hold attacks.
    • In addition the Two-Handed ranged tap attack now executes much more quickly, is no longer a block breaker, and is no longer vulnerable to interrupt. Cool. This will certainly make some Two-Handed people very happy. :)
    Brawling
    • Stomp Smash now executes much more quickly and is now on par with other range hold attacks.
    • In addition the Brawling ranged tap attack now executes much more quickly, is no longer a block breaker, and is no longer vulnerable to interrupt.Thank the Lord, only a hold range should be a block breaker. Those tap range block breaks were on my nerves. Just wasn't balanced at all.
    Bow
    • Long Draw now executes much more quickly and behaves like a standard hold range attack. Cool beans.
    Rifle
    • Rifle Shot now causes additional damage, causes block break instantly, hits multiple enemies, and generally behaves like a hold range attack. All good, yes.
    • Grenade Launcher is now significantly faster, causes less damage, splits damage between all targets, is no longer a block breaker, is no longer immediately vulnerable to interrupt, and generally behaves like a tap range attack. Another much needed fix. That grenade launcher was getting abused like nobody's business.
    • Like x 6
  2. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Animation Consistency Pass:
    • As part of ongoing balance improvements, a balance pass on all combat animations was performed. This should eliminate a wide variety of chronic complaints that are ultimately caused by animations that are either longer or shorter than they should be.
    • Animations were standardized and will fall within the following ranges for the following types of abilities:
    • Channeled and sustained abilities that can be jump canceled have a dovetail time of between 0.8 and 1.0 second. Sounds fair enough to me.
    • Weapon attacks, combo abilities and abilities that cause "Precision" based damage have a maximum dovetail time of 1.35 seconds. No complaints from me, on this end.
    • Tray abilities such as super powers, consumable items and trinkets have a dovetail time between 1.0 and 1.2 seconds. Using consumables to clip was the dumbest idea, that anyone could have possibly come up with? Did it work? Sure. Was it expensive? You bet. And therefore, not worth it. So, this is nice.

Certain abilities now reach their animation dovetails more quickly, allowing you to execute your next attack again more quickly than before: Sounds fair.

Certain abilities now take slightly longer to reach their animation dovetails, allowing you to execute your next attack again less quickly than before: Coolios!

Target Limit Pass:
    Quite a few abilities were set up to hit fewer targets than normal (often just four) instead of the standard eight that most AOE abilities affect. These abilities now hit eight targets and begin splitting damage after two targets. There were a couple abilities that hit more than eight targets and these were reduced to hit eight targets at most. This definitely will allow for some balance between powersets.
    • Like x 2
  3. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Supercharge Target Limit Pass:
    • All supercharge abilities that cause AOE effects now hit a maximum of 20 targets and begin splitting damage at eight. Sounds reasonable.
    The following abilities were updated to follow these criteria:
    • Life Drain, Meteor Shower, Envelop, Entomb, Ballistic Assault, Strafing Run (supercharge only), Oblivion, Temporal Vortex and Mangle.
    DLCs
    The Battle for Earth
    • The "Bandit's Bandana" has been added to the treasure list for the exterior Brainiac NPCs. Cool.
    Duos
    Cape Carmine Lighthouse(Villain)
    • Cinematic interactions with Killer Croc both before and after fighting Nightwing and the Huntress should now be less likely to occur at locations in the room which can interfere with the camera angles. Always nice to not have horrible cutscenes, especially since we have no skip button yet.
    General
    • Removed a fire hydrant that was sitting inside a lamp post in Gotham City. Goods news, that sounds very unsafe. Glad the hardworking people of Gotham got that fixed up. :)
    • Moved Soder Cola Extreme to the top of each vendor sales list.This will make crafting the new soders easier.
    Headquarters
    • Hawkman 's name should no longer cover his face wherever he's present. Don't you hate it when your name covers your face?? I do. Glad Hawkman doesn't have to worry about it anymore. :)
    In-Game Currency
    • The limit on Marks of Triumph has been increased to 175,000. Okay, this is broken still, but hey, we'll be getting free marks for it.
    • Marks of Reality have been removed from the game and replaced with the appropriate amount of Marks of Triumph. This includes all in-game drops as well as vendor items. So long, miss you never.
    Missions
    Evil's Light and Power Ring Hunter
    • After defeating an enemy, their power ring should always be securable. WOOHOO!!! :)
    When Plants Attack
    • Fixed an issue during this mission that could, under rare conditions, cause you to not get Pod Minions from Poison Ivy’s Plant Pheromones. Good to know, sounds like a good fix.
    Deadly Mischief
    • Clayface's introductory cam in the Gotham Special Police Unit basement has been updated. Don't know what that means, but sounds cool enough.
    Welcome to the Watchtower
    • The Locate War Room mission stage was not consistently updating. The location has been moved to the exact spot players need to visit in case players take an alternate path down to the War Room. Cool! This should help the new players navigate their way in their headquarters better. :)
    The Trap Snaps
    • Filing Cabinets inside the Gotham City Warehouse no longer display incorrect visual effects. Sweet!
    Powers
    Acrobatics
    • Increased the damage caused by Backflip Attack, Grapple Line Attack, Launching Roll and Throwing Knives.Yay! My Throwing Knives are fun, and I like hurting Tanks with them. :)
    Earth
    • Jackhammer has been updated with a new animation. I saw this, looks cool. So, it gets my approval. :)
    Electricity
    • Increased the damage caused by Shockwave's power interaction. I am assuming this is nice. Not an expert on Electricity.
    Fire
    • Increased the damage caused by Mass Detonation without the power interaction. Finally Fire gets a little more love, sounds good!
    Flight
    • Increased the damage caused by Downdraft. Making movement mode abilities hurt a little more will go nicely for making some interesting DPS rotations.
    • Increased both the normal and power interaction damage caused by Swoop. Cool.
    Gadgets
    • Corrected an issue that could make breaking out from Photon Blast more difficult than necessary. This was needed, I agree. So a good fix.
    • Gauss Grenade, Napalm Grenade & Sleep Dart have updated animations. I'm always down for a fresh new look on animations, and I don't mind these.
    • Gauss Grenade's base damage has been lowered and has a power interaction with Frostbitten enemies. Also, it will now Electrify up to 8 enemies. Reasonable enough for me. :)
    • Napalm Grenade - Lowered the base damage and added a power interaction with Frostbitten or Electrified enemies. Definitely makes having both on your loadout, more fun.
    • Fear Gas will now hit enemies at max distance and deals damage as a sphere at target instead of a cone. YAY!!! :D
    • Cryofoam will now hit enemies at max distance and deals damage as a sphere at target instead of a cone. WOOHOOO!!! :D
    • Vortex Cannon's base damage has been lowered and now has a power interaction with Dazed enemies. Interesting, and cool.
    • Photon Blast's base damage has been slightly reduced to bring it in line with similar super powers. Well, this was bound to happen, and I agree it had to be looked at it. Still works great as a finisher though. Yes, finishers are still useful. ;)
    • Neural Neutralizer's base damage has been lowered and now has a power interaction with Dazed enemies. I haven't used this in years, but oh well. Looks fine.
    • Sticky Bomb will now Daze enemies.Yes, indeed, this is fun to do. :)
    I won't be making comments on further powers, unless I know a little about it, or agree with the changes.
    • Like x 2
  4. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Light
    Ice
    • Slightly increased the damage caused by Frost Snipe's power interaction and slightly lowered its damage without.
    Iconic
    • Gag Glove's base damage has been lowered and now has a power interaction with Dazed enemies.
    Mental
    • Increased the damage caused by Phantom Flame's power interaction.
    • Doubled the duration of Mass Terror's damage over time effect and reduced the instant damage slightly.
    Nature
    • Corrected an issue that could cause Voracious Plants to occasionally miss your target.
    • Wolf's Primal Burst – Animation tuning.
    • Roar and Serpent Call now apply the Terrified power interaction.
    • Voracious Plants now applies additional damage when the target is either Terrified or is afflicted with Poison Spores.
    Quantum
    • Reduced the damage caused by Gravity Bomb used without a power interaction.
    Rage
    Sorcery
    • Ritualistic Word & Offering
      • Fixed a bug with both of these abilities that was preventing pets from receiving Power over Time in PVP arenas.
    I know nothing about the PlayStation side of things, be it PS3 or PS4.
    PS4
    • Fixed an issue where the incorrect loading screen art was displaying for PS4.
    • Fixed a bug with PS4 that could cause the virtual keyboard to stop working after switching characters.
    PvP
    • PS3/PS4-Fixed an issue where PvP respawn timers would incorrectly display a long wait time.
    R&D
    • Players will notice a few new ingredients on the R&D Vendors in The Watchtower and Hall of Doom. These are being added in preparation for the 6th Tier of R&D.
    • Tier 5 Expert Synthetic mods have been added to the Tier 5 vendors.
    • Tier 5 content should now be granting either weekly or monthly reward boxes for successfully completing the instance.This is all well and good, just need to get those FE6's to drop more. Other than that, it's nice to include Expert Synthetics.
    Races
    • Gotham Burnley Docks Master Flight Challenge
      • Villain players on this flight challenge should no longer be attacked by GCPD in the area of Mercy Hospital.That should be great news for you villains out there. ;)
    Raids
    Prime Battleground
    • Future Lex Luthor and Future Batman are no longer invisible during the resolution cutscene.This is actually still broken, and they are, in fact, still invisible.
    Styles
    • Tinting the energy inside the Interstellar Tech boots style should be restored, and should no longer cause players’ arms to disappear.That's a relief.
    UI
    • Fixed bug where HUD would sometimes incorrectly appear during cutscenes.Neat.
    • Marketplace UI-Fixed bug that would cause the Preview button to disappear.Yikes, that sounds annoying. Good thing it's fixed.
    • Holding a selection on the Teleporter list will no longer cause default text to appear.
    • The Renown UI now correctly displays a title bar graphic.
    • Encounter objectives no longer show up as missions on the Map.
    • Style menu pages should no longer incorrectly retain the same icons when switching pages.
    • Mission tracking reminder should no longer be visible in Legends PvP arena matches.
    • PS3 ONLY-The Ranks tab of the League Management UI no longer has an extra button incorrectly displaying.
    • Fixed a bug that may have been causing the reticule to disappear for players.Yay!!
    • Players can once again scroll the Scorecard using a gamepad.
    • Base Item Inventory: Base Items now display the color of their rarity while in Decoration Mode and in the Base Item Inventory
    Vendors
    • The Belt of Burning Rage from Vending Unit 22 should now remove itself from the sales list correctly if the player already has the style.
    • Added new Splash, Mega, and Turbo Soder Cola's to the Base Amenity: Soder Vendor.
    I don't use the voice chat system, so I got no comments on this.
    Voice Chat
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the microphone to be over amplified at login.
    • Fixed an issue where the grey voice chat microphone icon would not always be visible even though voice chat was enabled for the local player. The grey icon means you can hear voice from other players, but you can only speak if your microphone is enabled and setup. The green microphone icon shows that we detect voice transmission for a player.
    • Fixed a voice chat issue where a squelched player could still speak for a few seconds when entering a voice channel. This is regarding guild rank squelching.
    • There is now feedback in the chat window when entering/exiting a voice chat channel.
    • There is now feedback in the chat window when you are in the guild voice channel and your squelch status is changed.
    • Like x 3
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

Most of the feedback is constructive like the passive buffs 2-2-2-2. Roleless buffs removed, as of several others about what we want to see in game or how the community reacts to new and different content/features. Some people may take it as bickering or whining while I take it as them simply stating their opinion.
  6. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Posted on 04-29-2014

Weapon Mastery!
    "Master your weapons and integrate them with your powers in combat to devastating effect. With Weapon Mastery, players will be able to spend skill points to master the weapon types and perform powerful cross-weapon combos.
    This new system is available now FREE to all players. Log in now!"

This new combat is far from easy mode, if anything, it creates more of a challenge due to enemies having counter mechanics within PvE content. However, the reward for pulling off a perfectly timed weapon combo with a power = very fine DPS. Is it perfect? No. Why? Because right now it creates a lot more Precision DPS with weapons, while minimizing the use of super powers. This will be balanced out, thanks to an extensive overhaul of all the powers to create a unique mechanic which will hopefully emphasize their Might base, to balance out the Precision damage being dolled out by our weapons. Once Might can match Precision, expect to see future alerts and raid bosses having astronomical health due to all our DPS. ;) But, for now, Weapon Mastery makes it possible to DPS, or provide support, with any weapon and powerset combination you wish to take advantage of. And that's okay, in my book. :)

Amazon Fury Part I Now Available!
    Gotham City is under siege and the Amazonian civil war has begun. Amazon Fury Part I is already available to members, and non-members will be able to purchase the DLC Pack beginning today. The DLC Pack is available now on US PC and EU PC, and will be available on PlayStation when the PSN updates today (US) or tomorrow (EU).

[IMG]

Take up the defense of Gotham City and join the fighting in the Amazonian civil war. Play as Wonder Woman or as Circe in two new Iconic Visions, and see how events unfolded leading up to war. Then gather your allies and visit the new Gotham Under Siege war zone, and take the fight to Themyscira itself with two new duos and one new alert. Earn the new Marks of Fury and unlock of new gear, styles, and feats.
    War is waiting. Are you prepared?

Amazong Fury Part 1 consists of a new command center within Themyscira. This DLC introduces us to Tier 6. A battlezone instance for Gotham, complete with numerous daily solo missions. Two new duos have arrived, along with two new Iconic solos. Topping it off is a new alert, Themyscira Divided, complete with new gear to grab to prepare us for DLC11's upcoming T6 raids.

Personally? I love it, the design and music is a plus. The story is coherent, and is all around troublesome. I mean, the Amazons have turned on humanity and now war is here. The duos are fun, with Supply Lines in particular being quite a challenging battle in the end. The alert can be lengthy, about 20-45, depending on if you skip adds or not. But, it's mostly due to the bosses having an ungodly amount of health for an alert. But, seeing as how most people get it done within the mentioned time frame, I don't see a problem with it. It's just a compensation for the damage caused by Weapon Mastery.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ryder New Player

this is the internet, there's no such thing as getting along
    • Like x 2
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

People will either agree or disagree on a topic, not everyone will like everything. when name calling starts, that is where the real issue starts then it starts a flame war. There are some people just can't agree on something and act mature about it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

My point is this, yes, I like most of the changes. Why? Because it will help the longevity of the game. So, let's all try and be constructive here, and feel free to comment on any of the recent changes I listed. What you think could be better, and how that change could benefit the game and everyone else. We need to stop all the childish rants, wishful thinking I know, but if it can start in one thread, maybe it can carry over to another. :)
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

T6 far from easy? More like far from hard.
    • Like x 2
  11. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

To an experience group of players, this is true. This is not, however, true for everyone.
    • Like x 4
  12. Minnion Devoted Player

Myself I still hope something is done with the base tracking menu, and perhaps some tweaks like automatically granting permission to anyone partied with you for as long as they remain partied with you, as well as spawning the lair entrance to your lair for those partied with you.(Similar to how some of the mentor missions are handled)
    • Like x 1
  13. DC_The115 Well-Known Player

Just for those who haven't realized this yet the new content with T6 is supposed to be pretty easy. The reason for this is so people could easily get the 92cr gear and 91cr gear. This is in preparation for the raids which will be much more of a challenge with a medium difficulty raid and a hard one. We will need this gear to jump in day 1. This DLC is also all small group content because progression is quicker.
    • Like x 2
  14. SupesIsBestHero New Player

Understanding? On the internet?
    What are you smoking?
  15. SKAVANGER408 New Player

I would rather have arguing and disagreements than a yes crowd.
    • Like x 1
  16. Minnion Devoted Player

Noobs, he's smoking noobs.

In all seriousness though understanding can happen on the internet, the trick is trying to weed out the insane lunatics from the sane people. (A daunting task since the text of a crazy person can have the illusion of a cohesive thought at first glance. Ignorance can be defeated by reason and logic, crazy can't. If your logic and reason fail to win the argument then its time to consider that one or more parties involved in said argument may in fact be crazy. )
  17. CHUD Loyal Player

I will say this much in regards to what Splinter Cell posted......

In a way.....he's right.
    Ever since Amazon Fury and Update 36 came along, there has been nothing but bickering, moments of greed, preferential treatment when it comes to running various missions, and in most cases,....the sense of "FUN" has been sucked out completely. With WM and all the things with Update 36, people complained about it on the test server forums. When it went live, non-testers added to that complaint by just following along. Personally,...who cares. "Oh I'm gonna quit because of HL being nerfed." Ever notice those same players who said they're going to quit are still around???
    The overall game economy is a pure if not utter embarrassment and I blame the high-profile players with and their ego. Grant it, it's nice to have the means to purchase stuff, but this is a game. Why sell a focusing element 6 or an expert modifier or even that original nimbus aura for 10 million??? What??? Does having more money in a game economy than your actual bank account make you feel better???
    The TD alert,....OY!!! This is where some players have really let their egos get the better of them. First, it was looking for a CR of 100. Then it's 102. Now if it's a case where you're 103 or higher you're "allowed" to gain access. Even by my own league (I dropped out of them because of this) was doing "We only will go in with you IF you're CR of 103 or higher". Now that I have my characters at that CR mark,...now it's "Well, your Skill Points should be 125 or higher". Now,....I ran one toon with a CR of 102, SP of 108, and was able to hold my own. I wasn't carried by others. "But my troller is doing more damage than the dps." WHO CARES!!!! The scores as far as damage output or anything becomes irrelevant after a while. If the goal is to win the objective, who cares about having the top damage or healing score???

Not every player, such as myself, spends 5 or 8 hours a day gaming and grinding on a single character just to vault them to a status of God-hood. There are those of us such as myself who are here for the ultimate reason....

...WE'RE HERE TO HAVE FUN....
    Competing with one another and having to dictate how a person should play, how they should be equipped, or anything takes away from that concept of "PLAY HOW YOU FEEL." motto.

So why can't we all get along???
    It's because there is that gaming ego that interferes with the ability to have fun.
    • Like x 2
  18. Poo New Player

All of that happens at every new DLC. Nothing new.