Why can't missions have simple math?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giga Vamm, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Defeat 18 gorgons
    Free 11 trapped citizens from gorgon stone

There is typically one gorgon per trapped citizen. Why do we have to defeat 7 more? Or why can't they have us free 18 trapped citizens?
    • Like x 2
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

maybe because, if you do it dayly, it is more likely for you to get the weekly mission done at the same time?
    • Like x 1
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

That's why I said they could up the trapped citizens part to 18. I'd prefer that over a skewed number. They do this in so many places it's annoying. The seasonals don't have a 410/411/etc. mission, but those often require us to do one extra node for only a partial completion of that node to complete the overall mission. Example: help terrified trick or treaters in the Halloween event requires 13, but we get 4 per node, so we have to do 3 nodes plus 1/4 of a fourth node.
  4. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Because gorgon's are all over the place...you can't turn around without tripping over them. Only thing worse are the cockatrices...ess?? The bird thingies. What we used to call a "target rich environment."
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm guessing hotdogs and hotdog buns are a bane of yours, lol.

Yeah, it's way easier to kill more things than to interact with more objectives, both because of the time required and the amount of people that are usually looking for those same objectives. Still, not sure why they couldn't have set the number of gorgons to the same as the people needing to be freed from stone.

In other content, it's more understandable because some groups will have 3 enemies, some 2 and some 1, so not always the same.
    • Like x 3
  6. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

It's not always the same with the trapped citizens. Sometimes I see 2-3 gorgons for one citizen, but it's usually only 1. The mission the bugs me more is the one in War-Torn Village with the tanks and tank operators. I end up having to destroy an extra tank to get more operators to spawn to meet the operators requirement.
    I actually have a difficult time finding the gorgons since there always seem to be people doing the 410 mission and clearing out the gorgons before I can get to them.
    • Like x 1