Why Are We Still In Tier 6?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anima, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Anima Committed Player

Seven raids (eight if you want to count the elite one) for a single tier seems a bit much, if you ask me.

We have never had this much content cover a single tier, before.

Why is it that you chose to add to Tier 6 instead of introducing Tier 7?
    • Like x 1
  2. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

t4 has a ton of content
  3. Anima Committed Player

It has a good amount of content.

T6 will have more.
  4. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

4 DLCs per tier has been pretty standard. And after all the problems with Origin Crisis, it was decided by the devs that introducing a new tier in a Large DLC was a bad idea.

It has been said for a while that AF2 would be Tier 6. Not sure why people are surprised.
    • Like x 2
  5. Anima Committed Player

Do not interpret the tone of my post as "surprised".

Tell me how many DLCs we had for Tier 5?
    • Like x 1
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

Well, T6 is basically divided in 2 by the higher CR requirement on WotL2 and AF2. So it's not actually that bad.
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

3 DLCs for T5
    4 for T6 setting the new standard

T7 has to be in a small DLC thats why and also the devs wanted to change the way we play to incorporate more support role play to get ready for T7 :p
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Tiers are 4 DLCs - 2 small group, 2 large group. This is the ongoing plan.
    • Like x 13
  9. Owl Devoted Player

Tier 6 is access actually broken into 2 sets of 2 DLCs.

Combat Rating 100 DLCs:
    • Amazon Fury I (solos require 99 CR)
    • Halls of Power I
    Combat Rating 106 DLCs:
    • War of the Light II
    • Amazon Fury II
    So you can think of the CR 100 DLCs as Tier 6 and the CR 106 DLCs as Tier 6.5.
    • Like x 7
  10. Sbel Devoted Player

Standard? o_O T4 had 3 dlcs. T5 had 3 dlcs. Tell me again how 4 dlcs per tier has been standard? :rolleyes:

I would guess that the surprised people probably don't spend that much time on the forum.
  11. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

because they changed it to 4 :eek:
    • Like x 2
  12. NightBandit New Player

I personally think 7 tiers is an awful lot already. I mean, why do we have to have new tier for new content? So you actually feel like you are achieving something? So you play not to enjoy the game, but to feel like you've achieved things...

Question: When is enough enough?
    Answer: Just a little more...

Sorry if I sound rude, it's just that- you're a villain. :p
  13. Anima Committed Player

Thank you.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

I kinda thought the whole idea of a tier has been shattered for a while. It used to be based on marks (triumph, distrinction, krypton, war, reality, fury) and to some degree that can still be true. But nowadays a tier has a lot of sets of gear in it at different item levels. Throw in symbols and it almost feels like each DLC is its own tier now. I think the entire term has become mostly irrelevant when each DLC just moves the target a little more from the last in terms of CR chase.
    • Like x 8
  15. Little Sister New Player

This is so true, I don't understand why people care what the 'official' tier number is.
    • Like x 4
  16. Solar Well-Known Player

I can live without a new tier for while. Gear is still getting better no need to put an official number to it. Plus I don't have to go farm more bits for a move to tier 7 plans. For me the only bonus right now of a move to new tier would be converting of t6 content to MOT making my rent much easier to pay.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fools Fire Loyal Player

^^^ Because once they let all the riff-raff into the club it's time to find another club? *shrug-laugh*
    • Like x 1
  18. Will Power Loyal Player

Tier 6 started with Amazon Fury Part 1 Hall of Power Part 1 introduced Tier 6.25 War of the Light part 2 introduced 6.50 The new DLC Amazon Fury part 2 is introducing Tier 6.75 so either Hall of Power part 2 should be T7 or War of the light part 3 either way we are almost there.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

A better question and answer would be about the Mark. AFII uses Marks of Fury. HoPII will use a new mark.
    • Like x 3
  20. Little Sister New Player

On this note, is it still the plan for everything that is Fury right now to be Triumph ? We're starting to get into crazy high Triumph numbers in both our inventories and at the vendors.