Why are TTB groups shouting for people with pets?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hanlower, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's not cheese. It's called imbalance. There's a difference.
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

that is my point. why do this community overlook one and condemn the other?
    • Like x 2
  3. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Explain to me how it's an unintended mechanic. They're using pets and waiting with a block. They still have to watch their health and react properly when they are under fire when they're block broken.

It's not unintended. It's clever. Your disagreement with it and viewpoint doesn't make it cheese. Your reasoning also doesn't make sense.

I mean, it doesn't make sense to rational ppl.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Come on mate. Really.

Yes they can but whose showing a higher level of skill here the players actively participating in a battle without dying and the threat of dying being real

OR

The cheesy stacked sorc players dropping 20odd pets and hiding in the corner while blocking like little ******* while their pets do all of it for them with no threat of dying.

Its so pathetic its a joke anyone doing this or defending this strategy is beyond a joke this isn't because its cheating. It's just because its pathetic, unskillful and quite honestly laughable.

But as long as you get the feat who cares how you got it even if you did it in the most unskillful manner possible.

In fact I'd go as far as saying the only reason individuals do it in this manner is because they either lack the competence to do it any other way or they lack the confidence.
  5. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Pathetic? Unskill? Laughable?

You realize this is a video game right? We are playing for fun. We aren't in a tournament for a cash purse.

Even for you Proxy, even for you dude.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Do you think the Devs design any content intentionally with 7 sorcs stacking supercharge pets in mind or do you think the comnunity take any content and find the cheapest and chessiest way to complete something, not even thought about by the devs.

I assure you its the latter this it isn't intended on a fundamental level.

What is also broken is the whole system once stat revamp is done you won't have this nonsense going on anymore which should give you a clear enough indication as well as to what's intended.

Just because something is possible doesn't make it intended.

Also please refrain from the personal insults such as inferring I'm irrational, just because you disagree, thanks mate.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

There doesn't have to be a cash purse for there to be a challenge

People also find fun in there being a challenge.

I'm not quite sure where the fun is in blocking in a corner and cowering while fury gets your feat for you... but ok lol
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

this is what i'm talking bout. knowing that mental dps hit for 42-45k with 2 burst, with all mental dps running with 3 burst and most groups running with a nature healer running a might buff. why is this considered more skillful?
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

I have to back this. Yes, it's a video game, but I personally have fun through this game by facing a challenge and trying to overcome that challenge. Not everyone is like that, I know, but some are including myself.
    • Like x 1
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

do you think the devs design ANY CONTENT around nature heal and 4 over parsing dps?
    • Like x 2
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

They have to press buttons. These players are sitting in corners holding a block. There's a difference. If you can't see that difference yourself, well, there's something wrong. The cheese isn't them using pets. I'm Earth myself. The cheese is them solely relying on their pets and then sitting in block looking at a wall for 20 mins. I'm not going into if it should be happening, if it's fine or whatever, but it's cheese. As I said in my earlier posts, I don't mind cheese, but that doesn't mean it's not cheese.
    • Like x 1
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

this is where we disagree. the top leagues change powers so the content can be less of a challenge. that's what separate dcuo from most mmos. if anyone in any major guild used any kind of cheese beating content and posting it, they would be laughed off of there forums and youtbe channel
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so you're telling me that these so called 'legit' players that dont 'cheese' go straight forward in and/or remain in the middle of the room the entire time? I hardly doubt it, and Im sure some of you will say 'yes me and my league did it' but words mean 0

or C - they're trying to get all the feats from a timed event asap to go back to running other feats they are working on. But guess thats not believe-able though huh?
    • Like x 2
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

is a button pressed to keep the pet powered or destroying pet to summon another one?
  15. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I don't think the devs really created ANY content with any type of party strategy in mind. If that was the case, they would also have to have a certain set of powers in mind. If that's the case, they'd have to b hoping ppl had AMs on each person's loadout.

And it just gets more complicated than that.

I think the test server has proven that all they're really looking for is balance and making sure everything is fair. Is the boss too cheap, does he hit too hard, how much CR is needed.... etc.

Granted, this is an assumption, but it can be backed up with the fact that this made it on live. The fact that they will need things like quantum's time bomb... they only want everything to b fair. As long as you're not exploiting, I'm sure the devs don't care about how you got the feat.

Unintended... it's just a novel way of getting the feat. And these guys should be complimented, not hated on.
    • Like x 2
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I never seen you say anything about mental/gadget cheese. I think the pet thing is cheese too, but I don't understand why some cheese overlooked and other condemned
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Apples and oranges.

The might buff is ignored other powers like elec also have group might buffs.

In terms of mental damage their damage is on par with a large number of powers including sorc .

There is a distinct between mental players actually participating in a fight even with high damage and sorc players hiding in a corner doing nothing.

Its extraordinary I even have to point this out.
  18. Backblock Well-Known Player

There will always be double standards.
    I clearly remembered certain leagues facing criticism for beating DWF under its first month of release because the leagues or well some ran mental dpses.

Never change, community.
    Just remember some of you think you are on some high chair of authority yet are nowhere to be seen when challenging content hits the live server.
    • Like x 2
  19. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Granted, but you know that not all ppl are like that. So if not everyone is like that, why get bothered by the fact that others just want the feat?

My issue is with the ppl that are literally condemning the ones that use the "cheese". It's their game, only way it hurts you is if you forget that everyone is different and think they should all have your values. And even then, the only thing being hurt is your ego.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Of course they don't stand in the middle of the room that's idiotic. That doesn't mean they all hide in a corner cuddle each other cross their fingers and hold their breath for fury to finish it for them.

They're actively moving around. They're actively pressing buttons to do damage the entire fight.

Tell me what are the sorc players doing I the corner. Come on answer the question.