Why are TTB groups shouting for people with pets?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hanlower, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Elusian Crowd Control

It always depends on what a person uses to define the beginning and the end of a cheese. I was in at least 2 groups (EU tho) who done it pre-nerf without the described "cheese" of this thread, however what else could be considered of having "cheesed" the fight since you wrote "strategies"?
    • Like x 1
  2. xD25x Dedicated Player

On the starro fight there are multiple different places to stand which lead to decreased damage or no damage at all. Including standing at the 4 statues. The group I was in did alot of blocking and relied on orbitals similar to the higher rounds of sm. From the comments on this thread most people would view that as cheese. It's not stacking pet dps but from the tone of the comments here anything that didn't include just going ham and avoiding starros attacks is considered cheese.
    • Like x 1
  3. JohnnyDWellens Level 30

The elitism in this thread is gross. Who cares what way they find to get the feat? Strategies are strategies so long as there is no exploiting. Judge something else that requires judgement, like Stat Revamp and content on the test server.
    • Like x 4
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

It's a valid problem with this game. There are very, very, very few pieces of content and situations where groups will get punished for these 'cheese' strategies. Why are there strategies that can be used for every single piece of content to completely avoid mechanics? It's not necessarily an exploit, well, it's not one at all. But I don't like how a new piece of content comes out and players can approach it in the same exact way as old pieces of content. In an ideal world, we as players should want content that needs to be approached with completely new strategies and ideas. That's the problem with this game, the mechanics just don't go deep enough and aren't fully integrated into gameplay.

I guess it's a very thin line I'm on. I don't mind cheesing. I just hate how the same cheese is used over and over and over again. Cheesing at times can be quite clever strategies to counter mechanics, but when all we see is the same cheese constantly, I find it annoying and a weakness in the game. Does that make sense?
  5. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Yet again you are the voice of reason.

I for one think its funny that this is how people choose to get the feat and I'm also a little ashamed I did not think of this myself.
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

people wouldnt have to do these setups if it wasnt for the garbage CR system in place now would they?
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

The pet strategy seems cheesy as hell, but with time-limited feats, ehn, I can't get too worked up about it. If the devs want to include difficult feats in time-limited content then this kind of behavior shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
    • Like x 1
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

why is stacking pets cheese but stacking mental dps ok? this community accept some broken stuff as skill and others as cheese. why? why isn't nature with better CC than trolls that tanks can pull not cheese? Explain why some broken mechanics cheese and others not?
    • Like x 8
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

pet powers are always getting bad mouth about something.
    • Like x 1
  10. LT Schmitt Committed Player

No one can, The better question is why do people even care?
    • Like x 2
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

The cheese bit of the method isn't that. It's the fact that they then sit in a corner and block for the whole fight and only let their pets do damage whilst they remain safe and essentially not even in the fight. Mental DDs still have to engage in a fight. They can't do damage whilst sitting in a corner blocking and looking at the wall for 20 minutes.

Now that you have that knowledge, even though it was previously detailed very clearly, you can now make your own judgement of it being cheesy or not. I personally find it to be very cheesy, but it's not an exploit at all and is fully legit. I don't have a problem with players doing it. I have a problem with the game almost forcing for cheesy strategies due to the randomness of mechanics and not allowing methods of avoiding deaths through normal gameplay.
  12. LT Schmitt Committed Player

Would you think it to be also cheesy if people choose to do this kind of thing once the powers are "balanced" but instead of pet powers they are using DOT powers?
    • Like x 1
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

always have. right now no pet power is hitting the baseline 35500, but you see nerf pet threads more than ice, gadgets, and mental
    • Like x 1
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

mental and gadgets is hitting 43k-45k dps with two burst method. with that knowledge, why is that ok?
    • Like x 3
  15. Proxystar #Perception

So you're accepting its cheese but the game forces you into doing it; but still cheese nonetheless.

We're making progress.
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I never said it was 'cheese' but nice attempt at trying to put words in my mouth.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Any unintended mechanic overriding anything is cheese is irrespective of what it is and actually shows imbalances within game.

If you get an advantage through stacking anything its cheese.
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

they were parsing for that the last rounds of tweaks on test iirc, and it still went live. But thats ok b/c those 2 powers are like sups and batman :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

but anyone else can get that same feat just as a all pet power team can no?
  20. Proxystar #Perception

You don't have to say it because you've already skipped past it to justification of it thereby tacitly implying it is cheese through a lack of denial to the first point, being that its cheesy.