Why are TTB groups shouting for people with pets?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hanlower, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

Naw, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Pretty much retired my other toons and have been playing only Quantum since about 2 months after it was capped.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

It took NOW for you to be ashamed? I was doing that since I read about the console door glitch for the PS server during OC.
    • Like x 2
  3. tukuan Devoted Player

Ah clownbox, there's a blast from the past.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Cheezers

- changes to Pet Powers to do No Death Feats
    - call/shouts on LFG for Pet Powers to do No Death Feats
    - changes Powers to do specific Feats or Instances :p
    - joins League to be carried on Feat runs :D
    - oh and i almost forgot, uses clownbox and other exploits just to get things done easy :confused:
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I sorry but what....

It is so cheesy the rats are flocking to it to gobble it up nom nom nom.

Is it cheating... inherently no... is it cheesy hell ******* yes it is.

You are doing nothing but releasing and over excessive amount of pets and then hiding in a corner cowering like a little ***** while your pets do all the damage for you because you're oh so skillful and clearly have no confidence in your ability not to die.

That is the very definition of sad and pathetic and is blatant cheese.

If people just admitted to their cheese I'd have more respect for them although it's difficult to have "more" when I respect people engaging in this sort of nonsense very little in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, never said I did, but I still am fine with it. To each their own. If people want to get a feat this way, do so. Why would it have any effect on you or your game play? It doesn't. How exactly are they cheating? Is it in the game? Aren't they using powers and abilities we all have? These are the kind of exploits you get with player testers and why I think it's bad on Daybreak for letting it go on, but it does and I'm not judging anyone. I wouldn't do it myself, but if others do, so be it.

There is another feat you can get the same way. The science spire with Lex where you don't get hit by the lasers. There is a pillar to the left of the door you stand behind and will get the feat. Is it my fault it was left in the game? Has your gaming experience suffered because I got some random feat? Lol. Move on. There is plenty of stuff in this game to get upset about. This is not one of them.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

You'll note in my post I didn't say it was cheating in fact I was specifically saying it wasn't.

You said it wasnt cheese what I'm saying is it is cheese. I also didn't say I cared. I just think it's pathetic; because it is.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I remember when a league once got the odyssey featby cheesingning it and didn't understand. Why the backlash they received on the forums. This seems very similar
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I got the feat cheesing. :p
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

There were two different cheese ways to do itone was the first way which was everyone stay flight and kill and then there was thenout right glitch of going in the ceiling and it dying while damaging. The latter wasn't cheese it was plain and simply an exploit
  11. Rufii New Player

Anyone who uses the word cheese should wear a onesie, because it sounds like babies crying :D
    • Like x 2
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

Anyone using that strategy should go back into their prams, because it sounds like they're too scared to actually fight the boss and would rather sit in a corner blocking whilst they get carried by their pets :D

But at the end of the day, I don't really care as it's not exactly an exploit. It doesn't affect me the slightest. The OP wanted to know what was going on, so I told the OP exactly what some people are doing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

All of the bosses are attacks are copied after other bosses. Heck, the last boss is brother eye in costume. A dev said it is just a coincidence that the boss looks and moves like brother eye. If you have run inner, you should see the similarities. Now people have figured out that Aquaman has the same mechanics as Mad Harriet.

You know, most of this thread is about people doing cheesy things or exploits to get feats. Why all the hate towards other players? Shouldn't we be upset over rehashed content and mechanics, AGAIN! The only new mechanic added was the mind controlled effect.
    • Like x 2
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

Uhm, Aquaman is nothing like Mad Harriet at all.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Starro. Sorry, tired. :)
    Reading and rereading things to much.
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

And I'd have to disagree.

The majority of bosses in this game have unique parts, but something that can't be unique every single time is how a boss will select their target. You have the common methods of the attack being directed to the person on the top of the hate table, you have the closest person to the boss, the furthest person away from the boss and the target being random. It's hard to implement something else and something unique to every single boss in the game. What needs to be different is the actual attack and what comes after the target is selected, but the actual process of selecting a target is very limited.
  17. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

It seems to me that people are getting confused about the word cheese and trying ti use it like cheat within the game.
    Cheese & cheat are two different things.

The word cheese is used to describe strategies or ways of playing that are really powerful and do not require much skill from the players side at the same time.

If we want to get technical all powers AM's including pet powers are basically cheese but it's whatever. Whether it be Pfft, hybrid or whatever. It goes from the endless spam rotations of HL in PVP , LPVP to a myriad of other things in PVE & PVP.

How many people here are talking trash about cheese and use AM rotations?

You guys need to take a good look in the mirror before you speak out about cheese.
    • Like x 1
  18. xD25x Dedicated Player

I dare anyone to say they got the feat pre nerf by going straight at it and not using one of the handful of what would be called cheese strategies. I know of just a few leagues, on US server, including mine that got the feat pre nerf. In none of those runs did anyone involved say they defeated starro by going straight at him. If you care to debate this with me and prove me wrong then please bring a video.
    • Like x 1
  19. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

This is precisely what bothers me about the community. Not only are many toxic to the point that they should be considered carcinogenic, but I feel that there's a strong sense of hypocrisy running throughout.

It's as if they got the feat, and they begrudge anyone else who gets the feat in an easier way. They did it with much less effort, are we to envy the smart strategy?

And you can go ahead and tell me it's not about anything other than you think it's whack to cheese. I call BS on most of you saying that. This isn't an exploit. This isn't a cheat. This is a valid strategy that makes it much easier. Go ahead and hate on the guys that didn't work as hard as you and got the same reward.

It's the same to me as when ppl get angry about new or newer players having it easier. You're upset that they're catching up to your SP. But don't worry, because strangers having 300 SP does not minimize you having 300 SP also in any way.

Take your elitist pettiness somewhere else please.
    • Like x 1
  20. Here2Help Devoted Player

That's not the point, or at least not how I see it. The strategies being used are legit strategies. They are fair. They just feel very cheesy, and I personally don't think groups should have to approach content like that, but it's not entirely their fault. Content has a lack of mechanics that can actually be overcome and controlled to then control deaths. If content was very different, people wouldn't have to go in there with these cheesy strategies. I blame the content for almost forcing players to use these cheesy and unfun strategies instead of designing content to actually allow players to properly avoid deaths.