Why are there so many healers on villain side ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eranthis, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Eranthis New Player

As you can see , like the title says ! There are so many healers on the villain side to the point where i try and put a group together and No dps , No tanks , & ESPECIALLY no trolls its really ridiculous , like as healer role i picked it for my first villain because i love healing its the second easiest role for me and i just wanted to come to the other faction knowing what i am doing , anyways i am really considering changing roles to a troll because if you're a troll on the villain side you will get speed invites because on the hero faction thats what happens to me .... & the villain population is soo small its like everyone knows each other by heart .... :confused: o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. Zeo Committed Player

REALLY? Then it's finally! I wouldn't complain if I was you, I also noticied a lot of players on the villain side, enough for me think in create a second main as a villain.
  3. winter13 New Player

Simple answer...because healers rock!!

I haven't noticed an overabundance of healers though. DPS on the other hand...a dime a dozen
    • Like x 3
  4. KidMidnight Loyal Player

too many groups running with only one healer, many of whom never bothered to develop their dps role is leaving a lot of healers out of work.

i have two nature healers in game on the hero side and its becoming very hard getting into content. I needed to run Vengeance for some rent marks. shouting as a healer got me nowhere, shouting as a dps got me in immediately.

dont know what to tell you. i actually predicted something like this about a year ago.
    • Like x 4
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Because all of the healer powers are good for pvp/dps now.

Edit: Minus electricity for pve dps
    • Like x 3
  6. HermanRuth New Player

It wasn't always this way. Villains would be shouting for healers all the time. And now that most PUGs are running one healer or none for lesser raids, it's tough for the healers to get work. Trolls have it good for the time being as those same PUGs like running 3 trolls a lot of times, although I see this more on the hero side, it has been picking up steam in the LFG chat. I know other trolls (and tanks) who do what I do. Keep a list of good and bad player habits. I focus on attitudes. Can't play too much with jerks. The trolls and tanks can be a bit more selective. The healers hurt themselves every time they volunteer for a one healer raid, in my opinion.

I like what my league does with the trolls and healers, make one of each a true healer and make the other a "battle troll" or "battle healer" where they deal a little more damage. The trolls are there, a lot of them just don't prefer to pug. And I know it isn't just bad DPS or any of that nonsense, but a whole myriad of variables. Under geared people running A&B all the time require a lot of power despite their relatively low power pool. Takes more power for the healer to keep alive. Lot of times, a troll is stopping his or her cycle to pick a squishy up. You have bad healers and tanks that just spam at the craziest times as well as poor DPS. And sometimes, believe it or not, I can slack in a raid like A&B. I find myself looking for a Red Bull or 5 hour energy in most of the raids unless I'm the "battle troll". And sometimes my complacency leads to a bolt slipping away. The thing about this happening in league is it's made fun of in a good hearted manner when someone screws up or is human. In the PUG world, there is no quarter given. And a lot of trolls have taken my approach. League only.
  7. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Cuz a lot are unemployed due to the solo healing trend
    • Like x 5
  8. Fruity Reaper New Player

Must be a PS thing, we have the usual shortage of Trolls that pug but apart from that on EUPC villains theres not one role that is far higher in number than the other...besides we all have multiple toons anyway so most top ends play all roles ;)
  9. Yui Loyal Player

I know a few good electricity dps that can actually do decent or good damage.
    Anyway, just wait for the revamp. Pretty sure that electricity would be good again by then ;)
  10. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Everyone knows a good electric dps but I still haven't seen one :p

But yes, it should be great if it ever gets done.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Yeah... I definitely notice a high healer and low tank population. My main villain is a healer, but I'm building up a tank. In league runs, we always end up with 3 healers and no tank. I often have switch to DPS.
  12. HermanRuth New Player

I guess I could've just wrote what Kid Midnight said. Started my long-winded post before seeing his. Yeah, the one healer thing.
  13. Dephyre Committed Player

Naw naw naw, simple answer is Heros are awesome and kick ALOT of villain booty, THAT'S why;)
  14. PillowHands Committed Player

Because they watched my pillar kiting video and wanted to do it too? :oops:
    • Like x 1
  15. General Zod 10000 Post Club

"Heros" are so awesome, they can't even spell heroes!
    • Like x 9
  16. Fruity Reaper New Player

Hahaha classic keyboard warrior statement right here, only time us Villains get beat is when we have the suicide squad turned on ;)
    • Like x 3
  17. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Theres a very simple answer to that
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its hero side too. Lots of healers unemployed due to layoffs and solo healing. Cutbacks.
    • Like x 2
  19. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Times are tough..

Will heal for soda!
  20. Dephyre Committed Player

Gosh darn no sleep causing me to spells errtang bad