Why are people saying Sorcery is great?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by mrspeedoman, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Ivy Bird Committed Player

At no point did I disagree that that Shard's AoE was reduced I merely pointed out you wish the current AoE was bigger, correct?
    You still do not seem to get that with the current pets the old version of Offering would be far too powerful, you are yet to give any reason as to how it would not be, you have just made demands that it should be the way it was.
    • Like x 5
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

Give up on her/him. He/she has made it clear that she/she does not have the best interests of Sorcery in mind. Remember her/his "Before you forget Sorcery" Thread? yea. Its not worth it Ivy.
    • Like x 4
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Have you even seen sorcery on test. I mean it was good before but now its awesome.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nyema New Player

Hun, Lol read.

Me :& added BK to shard.
    but on the down side, they decreased shards AOE. WHICH REALLY IRKS ME!

You: Shard is currently one of the most powerful powers in the game (High initial tick, heavy DoT, stun, grounds, knocks down and gives a PI) it really doesn't need more.

Me: Since update they made shard AoE much much smaller. It's annoying. I might as well have Soul Schipon in my loadout because it only applies BK to 4 people. None of this was mentioned in the notes AT ALL! It defeats the purpose...

You : At no point did I disagree that that Shard's AoE was reduced I merely pointed out you wish the current AoE was bigger, correct?

When did I ever say that I wished shards AoE would be bigger? PLEASE. Quote me? I have never said that. That's first.
    Two, Im pretty sure I explained my point pretty clear as to why my changes were important. (read the blue, OR have TrueOlympus read it for you sense I OBVIOUSLY don't have sorcery's best interest at hand)
    Three, If your not disagreeing that shard's AoE was decreased, then what are you talking about -.-
    Saying that I wished it was bigger is a false statement, I have NEVER said that, & making it bigger would be OP... I'm saying restore its AoE. & I gave a pretty clear reason. Read Before you Respond (response is in the blue)

& True Olympus.... LOL, I don't have sorc's best interest? LOL! If I want all these great changes, that is very much in sorcery's best interest! Heck I wish sorcery would 1 shot any players that came too close to them & gave out PoT, & had magical unicorns. Is that bad? WHO WOULD DISAGREE? non sorc players... duh. What are the devs going to do? Be spiteful & say
    IF THEY ASKETH TOOOO MUCH, & THOU SHALL GANKETH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no... they can just keep on trolling the forums & NOT taking up good ideas & answering people.
  5. shadwfyre New Player

Wow Nyema has all the debating skills of DC Doll or Enickma :rolleyes:
    Sorcery is great compared to what it was.
    There are several shields that have had issues with the animation staying up after the shield is gone.
    • Like x 2
  6. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Well, Giggles did say he was married and his wife played Sorcery.

OT, Sorcery is quite fine where it is and it is as good as it's ever been. Is it perfect? No. Certain things like Shard not activating Escalating Might, Pet UI, the delay after Soul Barrage/WoD, and a few other things that have been brought to Dev attention. However, there are ways to go about things and this is certainly not one of them. IMO, you're asking for Sorcery to become OP or the "perfect power set" and that is just unrealistic. It's as close to perfect as it gets and far closer than most.

It has exceptional burst damage, DoT, Long/Close Range capabilities, pets for Tanking/Healing/Damaging, shields, 5 SC's. It doesn't get any better than that. I understand your concerns but the majority of them do not seem rational or reasonable.
    • Like x 7
  7. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

On to your points:

• Like x 8
  8. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Sorcery dps is a lot of fun now. The DEV who revamped it really knew what he was doing.

Summon fury when you log in.

Mortar clip shard
    Mortar clip transmute
    Mortar clip offering
    Mortar clip soul well clip trinket or consumable
    Mortar clip shard
    Mortar clip transmute
    Mortar clip shard
    Mortar clip transmute
    Mortar clip offering
    Mortar clip circle

Repeat

The mortar keeps you locked in at max range.
    This rotation can be used on mobs and bosses alike. It does good AOE damage, contains AOE stun, and has AOE proximity DOT.

Thank Odyssey for this rotation.
    • Like x 3
  9. Echephyle New Player

Looks like you swapped out weapon of destiny for soul well. This might work in some situations. I would throw circle right after shard, but everything else looks good
  10. J Zmooth New Player

Sorcery is underrated.
  11. J Zmooth New Player

They actually did mess up the old offering on the healing side of things. Before the recent update to it , offering gave a nice burst heal and power to your watcher which gave another instant heal . The 2 heals combined ranged anywhere from 2k-3k. Honestly they shouldn't have touched offering for the healer role. Ritualistic word is not even needed especially since the shield on the pet is terrible.

As far as the DPS side, I'm not sure how offering affected it.
  12. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Yeah, I'm no expert, but I decided to move circle to the last thing in the rotation because it has a shorter duration than soul well, and has a smaller AOE. Usually, mobs will be dead before you get to that point in the rotation, too. Circle is mainly for bosses.

Even when I heal with my sorcery character, I save circle for bosses, and mainly depend on soul well clip boon, and ritualistic word with watcher. I use circle and shard in emergencies, though.
    • Like x 1
  13. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

I was pleasantly surprised with sorcery. After spending some time with the training dummies I did a&b and put out roughly the same numbers as my other DPS powers. Underrated for sure. I'd say Rage, Celestial, HL, Nature, Sorcery.
  14. DeathandHades New Player

it just did no more than a month ago.
  15. DeathandHades New Player

sorcery was the most ignored power of all time on dcuo, finally got the revamp id had coming! And yes it is great damage for pve and pvp its awesome...toptier imo.
  16. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I hope this thread will convince people to abandon rage and go for sorcery. XD Some variety would be good! I was also expecting to see a lot of Celestial users around, I must say. Many powers are good at DpS and I don't understand why rage is getting so much attention. I know that sooner or later I will create a PvP sorcery character :p
  17. 478874 Dedicated Player

Life is grand as a Sorcery DPS and what's better is there are multiple viable load-outs with different weapons. It can excel at range or at melee distance and isn't a total power hog unless you want it to be. The developers did an outstanding job on this update, every bit as good as they did for Gadgets.
    • Like x 1
  18. undevinez New Player

i havent been here All the time but thanks someone already mentioned this
  19. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Hey i notice u said that Wrath was replace with Soul Barrage but that is incorrect. Actually Wrath was replace with Ritualistic Word witch is the power we got for the healer role sense having Offering this effects was dramatically too OP(ik this was already explain i was just pointing that out), that being said i would like that RW shield and give power back to the Guardian only in the healer role as well sense it would be for Support Role purposes. And at last Soul Barrage was replacing that empty spot that Fury left behind thats all.

Now for the Soul Syphon yes it hits 4 targets with the bk BUT u guys need to get in mind that with GU36 this is changing to 8 targets including every single AoE in game. Im not saying that this power is going to be the best now im just saying that is going to have an upgrade. And now for the Shards Pi my only concern is that after GU36 the damage is going to split after 2 but im not sure yet if this haves a dramatic change on it(hopefully not). :cool: