Why are open world dlcs stat clamped?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Jan 4, 2023.

1. scarblood New Player

Why not a phase like that but not giving feats, just like the scrimmage then you can one shot the boss and feel good about it.
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

I've suggested this before but the clamp crowd wont concede to anything. They dont want new people getting feats as easy as we did a few years ago.

What's ironic, is the same people say it should be clamped because it's meant to be group content and 8 person bounties....but then theyll tell you to build a hybrid role to solo bounties.
    • Like x 3
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If all you want is to chat with friends and casually kill everything around you why not talk to friends while mindlessly killing everything in Gotham and metropolis? Those aren’t clamped. You can one shot everything there.

Yes. You’re asking for easy mode. You’re asking for content to be unclamped so that it can be easy enough to get feats without any effort. IE easy mode.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What’s actually funny is that I actually have no issues with tiff. On a couple of occasions I went out of my way to explain things to her, even in a DM to help her out. I truly do not care who I’m arguing against. I just don’t let me emotions speak for me.
  5. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

here's the problem is unclamped content

1. It kills the lore of the game. why should be a BOSS should be an easy solo? we have regular content for that and it's already easy. It kills the challenge of the game and your survival skills. This is why many people queue in pug groups and wipe because you get zero practice on mechanics or awareness of what's happening. a BOSS should be treated like a boss challenge. That is all.

2. It wasn't "easier" from before. Back then not everyone had maxed arts, we didnt even have allies or these new pets or enhancements to max your character. People would grind all night camping at maps with a group of 8. That was not easy. Consuming hours of content is never easy so don't downplay peoples hard work because you can't find an active group to help you. Everyone got their feat the same way. Fair play for everyone. Work on getting better at making and leading groups. It makes a huge difference when you want to get a bounty feat. I see people do it every week. Yesterday someone was farming the hell out of Giant Robot @ Titans Island. Why can't you? spam LFG and people will answer. That's what we did pre 2020.

3. You will get the FEAT, just do your weeklys! This game is suppose to be a SLOW grind. You can rush feats, but you'll eventually burn yourself out. I have 6 toons I do weekly bounties on. My alternate toons got the feats within a couple of months without even trying. If you do your weekly's every week consistently for months it will come.

For example, the bug feat af Kahndaq: there were multiple groups running groups of 8 for this feat. It was finished within 40 mins. That was the first week. You gotta be active on weeks that DLC is released because you'll miss the easier grinds with everyone trying to get a feat out of the day. Grinding these feats months later is only a disservice to yourself and you need to accept the accountability that you must spam LFG for a group. 8 people doing a feat in 40 mins isnt even hard. Just communicate. If not, just wait.

4. This game is already easy and boring. Decreasing the difficulty would be childish and a waste of time. No bounty should be solo. I get it, battle tanks want to flex their muscle but honestly it doesn't improve the game. Bosses aren't even that hard clamped. Giant Manbat and Synn pose more of a challenge but the rest are hella easy that don't even require 8 people. 4 at most. These threads get old because the game is already stale in content and people just want to get feats and log off. People with 700 SP rarely log on anymore. The feat grind is something that burns alot of players out. Instead of looking for an easy way out, just have fun and enjoy the game. Complete your weeklys and save up your resources.
    • Like x 2
  6. Max Vexx New Player

Again, like I already said, the SP gain from this is not significant enough to challege EG/ long-term loyal players but just enough for newcomers/casuals to make some progress without requiring to invest unrealistic amount of time and energy.
    • Like x 1
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I'm not getting into a semantics argument with a person who doesn't understand that a baseball bat used as a weapon is still a baseball bat.

If you don't understand the basic difference... So be it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Im fine with this open up the PVP phase to the weak and allow them to try and farm their feats
    but it has to be the PVP phase which also opens you up to other players to be hunted :D
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... You DO realize, that it's not "the clamp crowd" that you need to convince, right?

Sure, Alanis. It's like raaaaiii-aiiiin on your wedding day...

If you had basic grasp of the concept of irony you could have said that players struggling for Skill Points are expected to make hybrid builds, which generally require more SP... It still wouldn't be true, but at least it would be ironic.

You can put in some effort by making a group, or by being creative with your builds and tactics in order to solo. That doesn't mean everyone and their dog should be able to face-roll 90% of the game in a couple of afternoons, then join the sweaty bunch in EG Elite plus and complain about the lack of sh*t to do...
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

irony

noun
    The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.

An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually
    occurs.

Pretty sure solo vs 8 people, is in fact opposite ideas in my scenario.

EEG open worlds are ghost towns. Sure I could spend hours trying to get people to do the bounty, but what about the other missions in there, everyday??? It hurts no one to allow players to be unclamped in these areas that generally no one plays anymore. "Oh no, Emoney is the only person in OG central city unclamped closing portals and killing zoom, its gonna ruin the game!"
    • Like x 4
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

It's ironic that you don't know that what he said was indeed ironic.

A little too ironic.
    I really do think.

Your reply:
    o_O - "You have yet to prove that!"

(See? I'll insult me for you)
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Whos idea was the stat clamp anyway? Was it someones decision to invest (more like waste) dev time on this and then leaving the company? Instead of fixxing real issues? Im pretty sure its not a good thing to have that many players vehemently complaining about the clamp.
    • Like x 3
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there arent many players complaining its a small handful here on the threads
    in fact everyone here on the threads is just a small faction of the game as most people never come here

now when it comes to the clamp the only issue is the people complaining as there is no actual issue with it
    the system works as it is supposed to and serves the function it is supposed too..

it doesn't even make a player weak we are still like gods in older content and myself and others routinely face roll all the EEG content its all much easier now than it was at release but that's still not good enough for some people they just want it even easier than that.
    • Like x 1
  14. zNot Loyal Player

They are heavily discussed https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...can-you-remove-the-stat-clamp-already.324335/ views+pages of posts.

They are applying difficulty with stat clamp for older content to players that dont want difficulty or to spend that much time on such old content.
    • Like x 2
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Let's just say that this is true.... It's not... But, let's just say that it is...

WHO GIVES A FLIP????

If YOU think unclamped instances are "too easy".... DON'T DO THEM.

That's what Elite and Elite+ are for.

Just allow the people who want to play unclamped an option to play unclamped...

It's a video game.... It's not meant to be a test of will.... People are meant to have fun playing it.
    • Like x 3
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sure that’s why lol.

You’ve even said it in the past that you believe you should be allowed to get feats easy lol. But now you want to rephrase it to “regular” lol
  17. Max Vexx New Player

Easy there mate, open world is not 90% of the game. Also, imo majority of playerbase doesn't even care about Elite content.

Most, on daily basic, can't afford more time than what is required to finish: current episode + seasonal daily + spotlight content related missions (Add a bit of catching up with guild/friends, may be a raid. But thats about it)
    Moreover, there are weekly missions to do on weekend. And if you have more time to spend, even all T6 bounties with a group take substancial time commitment. Anything beyond that is not healthy investment for most.

You just can't justify time required to focus on grindy parts of older content, while new episodes and content keeps rolling in.
    • Like x 3
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What makes you think the clamp WASNT don’t to fix the actual root issue?

Devs resources having to keep being used on fixing bugs caused by to much burn? Check
    New player experience being ruined but high cr players going back to old content? Check
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

It is why..

You're biased to the point of being pointless.

I'm sure this is something that you've taken out of context...

Like how I believe that one gets a feat when they earn it regardless of what stats they have to progress to earn them.

But to you... That's looking for an "easy" feat.
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you think clamped content is to hard than don’t do it. That argument goes both ways. Yes it’s a video game. Guess what… videos offer difficulty checks for the player to overcome. Even minecraft has this lol

Very mild difficulty lol. Content in clamp is still far easier than when they came out. This has been proven time and time again.