Why are newer Raids lootlocked weekly at this point in the life of the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, May 15, 2024.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I’m not saying they should be completely un lootlocked daily but like Alerts the newest or early endgame raids being on a weekly reset timer seem unnecessary given the lack of population. If they don’t want to lose potential replay sales on endgame raids fine. Don’t want players completely gearing up in the first two weeks of the release of the new episode fine. But the older episodes that aren’t in Omnibus rotation should seriously be looked at in having a daily lockout instead of a weekly one. It’ll help with the servers populations between content be more alt friendly and with newer players. I see people in LFG begging for groups to get into Rock of Eternity etc. There’s no reason after episode 47 drops and Sins of Black Adam goes into Omnibus that Shock to the System and JLD Cursed should have a weekly lockout given how long they’ve been in endgame. I think the new Dev team minus Jack et all should take a look at this and reevaluate weekly loot lockouts. The MMO long grind memes are stupid for games on population shrinking like DCUO. If Daybreak just looking at their bottom line they should worry more about player and customer retention instead.
  2. CGEMINI Committed Player

Because they don’t care. How is this so hard to answer?
    • Like x 1
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Maybe they don’t but do they care about losing more players too?
  4. Sollace Committed Player

Pay to play more, the sad fate of MMORPGs...
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

because of the sweet, sweet cash that replay badges bring in.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I feel it’s replay badge sales VS player retention at this point. There’s no Elite Leagues at the moment downing tons of replays for no content.
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It's to keep players from blowing through all the current End Game Content in a jiffy, and then sitting around complaining for months that there's nothing to do, because certain players refuse to get it through their heads that they can and should run older content, so they can help other players run through it! :p

But, as has already been pointed out, you absolutely can use Replay Badges to run the content as often as you like! The choice is yours. ;)
    • Like x 4
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Replays and repeat runs over the life of the DLC(till EEG kicks in) vs only during the 1st week or special weeks (like 2x or spotlights). Seems pretty direct and simple.

I get the point...why should SOBA and Shock be locked out for 2 more DLCs off 'current'...but I think the answers are the same. People would get a wild hair to knock out some marks or Renown, or farm some drop all at once vs over the next few months. Which, they are fine with....as long as you are willing to pay for it.

Do you really think that unlimited loot will fix this issue? AnB has unlimited loot....So does MoM or HoH. Go get a group together for those and I'd guess you could be in ROE faster.

Better question maybe is why do we have to beg for people to run one of the easiest raids in the game? You could probably 3 man that run (ROE), but you'd still need to beg to get in there.
  9. CGEMINI Committed Player

Y’all aren’t going anywhere the population been stable. If y’all were planning on leaving you wouldn’t still be here. This is a casual game ofc it’s going to lose players. What you expect?
    • Like x 2
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly.. no lockouts would be a nightmare for the game.. people bingeing the game then just leaving anyway.
    • Like x 3
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Loot locks are the easy way out and bring money to the game when ppl buy replays unfortunately we have not seen then think outside the box on this subject one bit. I can list many ways to remove replays and loot locks and bring way more player retention to the content and grow the game extremely fast. but I would be doing there job for them and its not rocket science. It's simple do something different
    • Like x 1
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

At least while people are binging there’s people playing the game. This game normally has content work 2 hours stretched over a few weeks maybe. Less replay loot locked content would keep players often than not. I’m not asking the newest content be unlocked just older content. Gatekeeping and paywalling episodes that’s been out for years now is stupid and greedy of Daybreak and I’m tired of people defending their practices too. Adding replay sales when they make enough money from memberships alone is just gluttonous.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

THEN GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE! It's not Rocket Science! :p
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

People often don’t think these ideas through that much. If they were to remove loot locks they wouldn’t just keep things as is. Games either have loot locks to get rewards (primarily gear) or they force that through other means. Most commonly used is rng based drops. This system is generally better for most players. Imagine having to run something 300x just to get the gold gear. Then have elite content and having to run something multiple times just to get the elite chest or legs would cause a bigger outcry.

This is a company, not a charity. They want you investing in the game either through time more money. Decrease the time sink and the money sink increases. Decrease the money sink and the time sink increases.
    • Like x 1
  15. ItsMeAgain Well-Known Player

One word will sum it all up for you "Money"
    • Like x 1