Whoever Sold Neon Chroma for $80M...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tabby Belle, Nov 24, 2019.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What money wipe??? This is some player created and spread fearmongering. There has been absolutely ZERO mention by any green name of a money wipe. I think it's utterly stupid when people spread bs unsubstantiated "information" like this.

As for the money cap...you're damn right they would lose a lot of players over that. Especially the long time players who have been with this game through good and bad times. That would be the last straw.
    • Like x 1
  2. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Well you do know that fearmongering is what happens here on the forums K.........They believe that if they keep saying it, it will happen. I’m just countering that argument with the thought that any wipe will yield temporary, if not zero results.
    • Like x 2
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

hyperinflation kicked in years ago, DCUO needs ways to drain theeconomy of some of its money but since the game is basically built around making most things affordable for premium, no one's really spending any large amounts of money so the money never leaves the system. on top of that now you have these loot boxes which drop materials, aura and styles there are a limited time. Creating FOMO and increasing the price because it's artificial scarcity
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

As far as wipes in general go, they definately need to wipe out the excess cash currently being put into the economy by the exploiters, since it's gone so crazy that certain items have started to become unavailable on the broker due to the price being higher than the allowed limit, leaving trade as the only way. I don't care if technically legit "ResellerRick95" loses a few Bil off of his recent Nth stack-sales or whatever, there is no solution to this mess that will work if it includes keeping players within the community having over 20Bil+.

They also definately need to make a hefty droprate increase on rare items, especially for the most recent stuff like the latest TC and Metal Part 1 rare drops to counter the crazy prices from going any crazier, with the hoarders in mind that are looking to make bank later, cashwipe or not. That is, of course, if they don't actually find those players and wipe out their inventory of hoarded items, or go as far as making all these recent items account bound.

This situation is serious, and I really, truly hope that the devs have some serious solutions up their sleeves prepared for this, because if they for a second think that this situation is having players feeling like they want to spend money on their product, they should think twice about it... These exploiters currently tanking the economy are basically rivaling against the Goldsellers and they all seem to brag about "unlimited supply". It's total chaos.

Just magine the next Episode, the next TC, the next ANYTHING with any hint of a cool, rare item without a fix to the current situation. It will only keep getting so much worse.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

If wiping money in any shape or form, or capping money in any shape or form is out of the question to ensure that the same broker-hoarders who directly/indirectly helped contribute to this crazy inflation with controlled Broker-prices don't get their undergarments in a bunch, then what should they actually do to solve this mess, in your opinion? I'm talking about actual solutions over temporary band-aids that will eventually have these issues rise up again, because "Honest Joe" and "Broker Billy" who technically didn't exploit should get to keep their 25Bil+ to toy around with.

I hope you realize that this current situation have a pretty big potential to send more players out the door than the minority of Billionaire Stockbroker-players. The longer this issue stays unfixed, the more it will escalate and naturally, the more severe the solutions will have to be to fix it. I don't think there is a solution available that won't have somebody screaming "this isn't fair!", but if done right it will be for the better good for the entire playerbase in general.
  6. Jimp88 New Player

I got ripped off of the black and white neon chroma I got today. I blame myself for not understanding the trade window better though it still pisses me off. When I saw no listing for them on the broker I made the mistake of asking the folk in the HoD what they should sell for. Another player sent a tell offering me 2 billion for it and I agreed. My lack of experience with the trade window allowed him to sneak a worthless aura in and hit accept before I realized he didnt give me a cent. He got the neon chroma and I got a common aura that sells in the < 1 mil range. It wouldnt bother me but I spend part of my entertainment budget to get stabilizers to open those.
  7. Jimp88 New Player

Problem with that is many of us spend REAL money to get the stabilizers to open those capsules. By wiping out the inventory of players who "hoard" items your essentially wiping out product that they legally payed for, which would cause legal problems for Daybreak. The only way to stop the cycle would be to stop the dropping of capsules (unlikely as DB makes too much money off of them) , or for the Govt to step in and declare them gambling and forcing game companies to stop the 'paid random loot box' all together.
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm talking about players who are buying up the items through broker and trade, in BULK. I kind of doubt that any of those players actually spent stabilizers and hit the jackpot of luck to get 10+ Neon Chromas sitting in their inventory/bank, lol.

I can't see ANY legal problems for Daybreak wiping or capping their own in-game currency in ways they'd see fit. If you think that, you must've read up on imaginary laws. Why would the Government have to step in?

If you paid real money to get items and they strip those items off of you for no apparent reason, that's one thing. But it's an entirely different thing all together to get rid of excess in-game cash that have gotten into the game's economy through EXPLOITS.
  9. Jimp88 New Player

I was referring to Daybreak removing items gained by opening capsules. And the issue basically stems from the rare items gained from those capsules. I for example, have many of the enhanced overshadowed helm boxes in my bank as Im trying to finish the collections from the capsules and keep getting the same thing over and over. I wouldn't want it said that I'm hoarding them or have them removed from my bank do to it looking as if I am hoarding (they simply need to fix the drop rates of items from the capsules, which is a different topic altogether.)
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not sure why you're worried that that would happen, unless you have in fact obtained said items through shady means, of which is the only case i'd personally encourage them to. The problem is when players use said exploit or take advantage of it to clear up all of the rare items in question, and hoard them for later. If you're just a concerned customer who spend money on stabilizers, you're clearly not one of the people in question, unless you're trying to tell me that you've had such godgiven luck that you through stabilizer-spending have managed to snatch dozens of Neon Chromas, lol.

You having several helmet-pieces from the TC-gear is understandable and quite easily checked up as legit by the developers themselves, so again not a worry for you. Also, I wouldn't say that the droprates is an entirely different topic alltogether, it ties in nicely to the current inflation and what it does to items with a really bad droprate to it, like the Neon chroma as an obvious and most recent example. Inflation raises the prices either way, but if the droprate was better it wouldn't be close to what it is now.

Better droprates to stuff like this is one of several solutions, but no matter how you chose to look at it the excess cash that has flooded the economy is one of those steps they need to take in order to fix this mess. If they're unable to track down all of the hoarded items through the money exploit, better droprates would atleast help stabilize the situation.
  11. OG ELITE Committed Player

You want fix the chroma issue? Wipe all cash to 100 million and give every active toon a neon chroma. Don’t act like the devs haven’t already made a killing off the thing.
  12. kingmasternova Loyal Player

This would make people mad, but if they reset cash to 0$, remove the the cash from the mail, and put a cap on the broker/trade.

I would love this so much, just think about the forum and the chats.
    O yea to make it worst remove the feats from the tc's
  13. Incenerater New Player

hate to point this out again but I will, DB doesn't set broker prices, we do. so if theres some kind of insane inflation then its cuz we have done it. yes ik ik "but but gold spammers and glitchers".... those aren't going to cause the kind of inflation ive seen this week alone, no they don't help and no im certainly not condoning those types of pseudo gamers but there are many contributing factors that's not going to get fixed by some kind of cash wipe/trade locking things etc.
    • Like x 1