WHO YOU GONNA CALL?....Ghostbusters 3

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 16, 2019.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    Well its official, Entertainment Weekly revealed that director Jason Reitman will helm the Ghostbuster's sequel fans have been wanting. And the recent all female Ghostbusters version will be quietly forgotten :rolleyes: .

The third Ghostbuster movie is expected to hit theaters during the summer of 2020 and scheduled to begin production in a few months
  2. myandria Item Storage

OOOH NOOO..... OOOH NOOO....OH NO!

Can't they just leave it alone already?

I think I'll stick to the 80's animated version and the original movie.

• Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I remember the original...

• Like x 1
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

At least they are forgetting the god awful all woman Ghostbuster movie. That thing was just terrible.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

heh who cares, can't get the original cast, Harold Ramis passed away and Bill Maurey wasn't interesting in doing a 3rd movie.
  6. myandria Item Storage

True: how old is Bill Murray again? Oh yeah.. he's 68.

What could he have done anyway? Hang out with Slimer?;)
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Actually, originally he was interested. But he insisted that he get killed in the first 10 minutes and he'd be the antagonistic ghost.
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Guess things are moving forward faster than I thought. Here is a teaser for the film
    • Like x 1
  9. Lugo Well-Known Player

this is terrible news, thank you
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

It's not completeley terrible yet. The announcement that they will give Spengler/Ramis the "Tarkin Treatment" is still missing to make it complete....
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Did you hear about how one of the FemBusters felt 'insulted' by the news?

No, lady, the only ones who can claim to be insulted are the fans who had to put up with your crappy reboot
    • Like x 3
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

One positivity to come from the FemBusters reboot: it motivated Aykroyd to finally give us the third GhostBusters movie we have been waiting for for far too long :D
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

:p lol, I read about that. I even read her tweet and I just laughed.
    I mean seriously, didn't she do the exact same thing but with women? And did she not know that the Ghostbusters movies, without which her reboot would not exist, starred men?
    [IMG]
  14. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    Some rumors floating about the upcoming Ghostbusters sequel revolves around a group of teenagers who seemingly inherit the mantle from the original team. And yes it seems two of the teens are going to be female which means Sony hasn't completely given up on the idea of bringing some diversity to the franchise. As for the original cast, Dan Ackroyd and Ernie Hudson are keen to be part of it. Bill Murray on the other hand continues to be something of a wildcard but he seems to have warmed up to the idea. Harold Ramis unfortunately has long since pass away, so I don't know how that will play. That being said it seems this sequel is going for EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Ironically enough, watched an episode of Extreme this morning (after posting the previous comment: had to look up who came up with the idea, initially thought it was Raimi, butt he was responsible for Xena and Evil Dead :( )
    Don't recall if Extreme ever made it to our TV's, butt we did get The Real Ghostbusters (and even the original Ghostbusters with Spencer, Tracy and Kong :D )
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

But do we really need another Ghostbusters? Like seriously?
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

After 2016, yes, yes we do
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I did some research into Extreme Ghostbusters as well as the animation style seems to be from the late 1990's to me; turns out I was right. This came out in 1997 from September to December (very short run) on Nickelodeon and FOX Kids channels and Qubo, which would explain why some of us would have missed this.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

May have been a a short run, butt Kylie made an impression on some people and frequently shows up in hentai
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1