Who needs an ice lair when you can waste your life during seasonals?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Dawn, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Hey all! So I've been meaning to post these pics for awhile (originally wanted to make a video...but I don't know how to do so without it being major amateur hour).

This is the one of the lairs for my alt, Kokiri Navi.
    [IMG]
    Entrance.

[IMG]
    I liked clipping the large clump of icecles through the teleporter

[IMG]
    Most of the entrance room.

[IMG]
    Hallway leading to next section.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Second area.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Top floor.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Basement.

If you would like access to this base (or her other one - nature themed - still a work in progress) Just let me know.
    • Like x 39
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very nice, Black Dawn :D It reminds me a lot of my base at Christmas there, with the snow inside the Penthouse theme.

I hope they get around to adding some of the assets from FOS as base items. I think some of the columns and surfaces in there would look great combined with this base.
    • Like x 3
  3. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Oh I totally agree! I also think they need to add more ice things for the walls. Put them on the MP! I'll buy them!!
    • Like x 1
  4. Kreachure Committed Player

:eek:
    • Like x 2
  5. Veritasum Loyal Player

If the ice melts in your base and no one's there to see it, did it really melt?

Cool stuff. always enjoy seeing stuff that I cannot do. Hopefully one day an ounce of base creativity will stick and will drip into one of my bases.
    • Like x 1
  6. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Fantastic base! I redesigned mine into a reconverted abandoned Arkham wing into a Batcave/old WWII situation room for the foyer/mid level, with a private study for the top level, and an old archives section for the basement. I should take pics, but it's very classified.
    • Like x 1
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

Love it!! I am trying to build the same theme to my lair. You are way ahead of me though. Great work!!
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Thanks you, but to be fair, over the winter seasonal I was running 12 ish characters through the vault every day (large icicles yo - don't ask me how many...I didn't keep track and refuse to pick them all up...) and at least 6 characters though the events everyday. Hence the waste of life.

I regret only that there are not a lot of ice wall items...
  9. Minnion Devoted Player

The AC bill must cost a fortune in the summer...
    • Like x 1
  10. EP Ice Loyal Player

I figured out too late and didn't transfer the items to my Ice toon.
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Nice. I did this last year. I was a bit busy this year to get the ground cover. Next year, though...watch out.

• Like x 1
  12. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Nice work Black Dawn! I too have an Ice Lair but cave theme and it's almost finished but not ready to showcase it yet..! Thumbs up!! <3
    • Like x 1
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

This right here I hope the devs takes a look at. Perfect example why I have been mentioning for months to get this set into the market place. Its already developed and for a sweet llw price of say $3 with INFINITE redeems what ice toon would not buy it? I know just because I was able to obtain a decent amount of snow and the aura (snowflake) especially made me end my ice retirement. I am a ice hater be ause of the way ice was prefered over fire during fos 2 and had swore it off but the base items with the aura inspired spending.

Devs think of the customers here and make this with INFINITE redeems. Every ice toon made on xbox now has a lure in the market place. Easy and done. I agree more options would be sweet

Btw sweet base design and congrats obtaining all the items. Bet it was......... fun but as cool as it looks. Sweet base
  14. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Thank you! It was a lot of work and time. Logging in to run the seasonal/vault practically everyday, multiple times a day, took dedication. I wasn't even able to get all the items I wanted.

I disagree with $3 allowing for infinite redeems. If they are gonna go with infinite redeems I do think $10 0r $15 would be a better price point. But that may just be because I put a lot of time in this lair and would have a few sour grapes if someone was able to get it with much less time/money. XD
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yes, its like if you murder someone that person is still murdered. Even if someone doesnt see you do it.
  16. Dezaras Loyal Player

Dezarro approves.

(Dezarro is my ice clone of Dezarrakks, who's fire, by the way.)
    • Like x 1
  17. Ascended Well-Known Player

That's really impressive.

One of my alt's has an Ice Lair as well, but it's not nearly as nice as this one. Truly, impressive work.

I love seeing other people's Lairs. I don't put a ton of effort into most of mine, and generally lack the design sensibility to make really awesome Lairs anyway, so it's great to see what other, more dedicated and capable players come up with.
    • Like x 1
  18. lukelucky Devoted Player

I think sour grapes factores in. When u had the notion to start your journey of building this base try and imagine the ice pack in the market place with infinite redeems and ask what price would leave u feeling great. At $3 the devs lose not one thing. Nothing as it is allready created and ready to go.

We know from base skins and the batman mask items people want do not sell with outlandish pricing as $10 would be. Keep in mind how limited our base realy is. We also want to appeal to every single ice toon who ever reaches level 10 and opens their bases. At such a cheap price though people are way more likely to spend some money and given dcuos track record of how many players played dcuo bu5 never spend a cent, id say we need more items to appeal to everyone. Cheap easy and good bargins accomplishes this.

Ok so knowing the grind and dedication you put in (1 more time congrats looks great) imagine if right b4 you started you saw the bundle on the market place for a measly $3. Let that savor a second. A happy satisfied customer is priceless. So sour grapes aside cheap and infinite rewards is the smart way to go as the end goal is to make money while pleasing the customer.

Anyway I cant say great work enough the snow covering the floor had to be a huge choir alone.
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Made some sort of ice base for my Cyborg Bizarro. ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ten points, that's ****in' sweet.
    • Like x 1