Who Keeps Requesting Iconic Anomaly Solos?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Bzzzztt Active Player

Honestly, I don't mind the Anomalies anymore. Don't get me wrong, at first I HATED them. Hated Brawling with a passion, and towards MA I was "Meh". I'd tried making MA or Brawl toons in the past, but always gave up on them quickly. (Give me Hand Blasters or give me death!) However, it reached a point where the anomalies were the only way to get better gear.

You see, not to toot my own horn (well, maybe a little, HONK HONK!), but I have yet to do any raids or alerts, aside from the alerts that are part of seasonal events. CR 94, solo/duo only, zero PvP. So, I made myself do the anomalies. And that, in turn, made me learn Brawling and MA. Earlier in my crime fighting career, there wasn't any real incentive. I mean, why fart around with a weapon I don't like, when I have a hand blaster right here? But with the anomalies, there was no other option. And, when I finally got through them both a few times, I realized that maybe the other weapons weren't so bad after all. Now instead of 14 hand blast characters, 2 one handed, a bow, and a dw, 4 of the hand blasters have retired to be replaced with brawlers and martial artists.

Abridged Version: Anomalies have made me a more well-rounded player. Yay Anomalies!
    • Like x 11
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I like the iconic anomalies...now. I hated them when they first came out. I grew to like them because they forced me to learn the counter mechanics and improve in combat.

Of course, they also showed me that the counter mechanics are broken in [some] situations, but that's for another thread (link below).

• Like x 5
  3. Avian Dedicated Player

I also like the aspect that gear/cr doesn't matter for the iconic anomalies. Having a set amount of stats to complete the instance with is one of the things that makes it a challenge.
    • Like x 8
  4. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

LMAO!!! Trust me, it’s hard to find people who know what they’re doing in regular Duos, even when over-geared, the last thing I want is to be running one with someone who doesn’t know anything about playing a Legends character.

That said, people have actually requested “Legends” 4 and 8-man content and while I don’t think we’ll ever see them, this is what we’re dealing with on the request front.
    • Like x 2
  5. RSL New Player

please to explain
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

I'd like them more if they were iconic anomaly duos or alerts
  7. ChaosInternational New Player

Certain feats are just that undesirable. I still need to wrap up some bounties, they're just so tedious.
    • Like x 1
  8. Avian Dedicated Player

I'd even want raids tbh. Would be amazing if we were able to fight iconic battles of the DC lore, using the iconic characters. I doubt that this would have enough support to turn it into regular PvE content. Seperate challenge content with legends characters that gave rewards that aren't pve/pvp marks (base items, other cosmetics ect.) would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  9. ChaosInternational New Player

Iconic anomalies were only done for marks, Bizarro and the huntress offered little fun. WW and Circe might be more fun but I'm not holding my breath.
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Probably a reference to when Origin Crisis was first released. For 4-5 months, the only way to get Tier 5 gear and marks of reality was to run the iconic anomalies. This was especially true if you were late to the party for Tier 5, e.g. you did not get to Tier 5 until the majority had been there for a month. After 1 month of Origin Crisis being available, most players would not allow anyone into the raids or operations who did not have at least 85 gear expert modded on.

For me, it took 2 months to get my first two pieces of 85 gear because I could only run the iconic anomalies once per day. 30 x 2 x 2 = 120 marks of reality for the chest and legs pieces at that time. If I had it to do over, I would have stayed in Tier 4 until Tier 5 was finished and I could have gotten where I am now in a week instead of 8 months.
    • Like x 5
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

oh no I put anything above the toyman missions, and you get rewards.:eek:
    • Like x 1
  12. Mad9 New Player

I want the stupid Time Traveller Head that just won't drop.
    %$#&*%## :mad:
    • Like x 2
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

I love them. I'd like more iconic solos as well as iconic duos. I'm thinking iconic alerts or higher might be too much. I suspect they'd take too long to form a group for. I liked getting to learn legends characters in a PvE setting. It definitely improved my Huntress and Bizarro play.
    • Like x 9
  14. Iron YoJimBo New Player

I'd like it more if being the iconic character or your own character was a choice. I wouldn'nt mind trying them as MY toon.
    • Like x 2
  15. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

I like them...as story content. As something to do every day, I despise them. If you watch the same movie every day for two weeks the movie loses it's luster. The inherent problem the the legends solos have is that you will get sick of the writing, and the pve counter mechanics STILL don't work properly.
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That would be cool. They should unlock your ability to run as your own toon after you've done them a handful of times as the Legends character.
    • Like x 1
  17. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I actually like the iconic solos. Granted it does matter who I'm playing. I'm not a huge fan of bizarro in legends so I never really enjoyed that instance. I do like both Circe and Wonder Woman though so I'm thinking that those two may be rather enjoyable.
    • Like x 4
  18. The Doctor Loyal Player

To further your point, I'd never used a brawling toon before. I completely learned that fighting style thanks to Bizarro. By the first time I'd transformed into a wrath demon for the exterior cathedral mission, it was second nature.
    • Like x 4
  19. Sore Steadfast Player

By-the-by, what is their obsession with Brawling? Every single time you transform into something it's ALWAYS brawling.
    • Like x 3
  20. The Doctor Loyal Player

Don't worry, I'm guessing we have HB and Shield up next, but yeah, the powers that be seem to want us to get down and dirty.