Who are all the bosses that Orbital Strikes should not be used upon?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MsTickle Fate, Aug 31, 2020.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'd love to see a list compiled here in one place.

Specifying the deleterious effects would be ideal. Is it bad because it reflects, or generates more adds, or what?

Have at it!

Man-Bat!
    • Like x 4
  2. SekretVillain Loyal Player

This would be interesting to see.
  3. Dogico Loyal Player

Terra in HIVE Reborn is the only other one I know for sure. Causes her to counter with a powerful attack.
    • Like x 6
  4. Berza Committed Player

Apparently Hydra. Seems like we don't have confirmation from a green name, but seems like it won't start spawning skeletons until the first orbital hits it.

On a side note, there are too some bosses where you can't use Supply Drop, and we should include them here. So:

Deadstroke in Hive Reborn will use his Empowered Staff Beam if a player uses Supplies.
    Grail in Fractured God Sphere will do an special attack when a player uses Supplies. I don't know what attack exactly.
    • Like x 2
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

To add to these:

Merciless is another that use to jump to players if they used a supply drop and 1 shot them. Dont recall the raid but he was last boss, he had same mechanics in the raid where you had to fight all 5 dark knight bosses at LB. I also think barbatos would pulse beam any using supply drop or orbital which usually led to them dying.

I will try to think of some more. Old age has wrecked my memory though ☹
    • Like x 2
  6. Brit Loyal Player

I had never used an Orbital until these Wonderverse Bounties started.
    Because I use a 200 Demon's Fang, I rarely have to pop my Supply Drop. Basically I only fire it off if I am doing a rally. And I rarely am the one doing the rallies, because I am a healer who stands back at range, while the people dying are often the ones who are standing in the middle of all the deadly stuff right on top of the boss.

I still got pulse beam'd to death by Barbatos ALL THE TIME.

I never found out what was triggering that, but I know it wasn't because of Orbitals, and I doubt it was Supply Drops. He'd hit me with that thing a minimum of once per fight. I just assumed it was a "#2 aggro; skips the tank and attacks the next person" thing.
  7. Berza Committed Player

I always thought that Barbados targets specifically healers. Almost every time, after the cutscene, he will use the pulse beam targeting a healer, at least in my experience.
    • Like x 1
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

All i know from the raids is:

Hive Reborn:
    Deathstroke No Supply
    Terra No Orbital

The Machine
    Cyborg No Supply

FI:
    Merciless No Supply + No Orbital

PC
    Merciless No Supply/Orbital

FG
    Grail No Supply
    Zeus No Orbital
    • Like x 4
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Merciless only punishes supply drops in False Idols and Phoenix Cannon. He lunges and follows up with a doom spin. He punishes orbitals in False Idols but I think it’s only if he’s doing the reflection mechanic when it’s used. It’s a pretty trivial punishment too, he just does that attack everyone has to block, which he does anyway.
  10. L T Devoted Player

Recent as they are, I feel like these mechanics are completely overused.

They also make it stupid to spend time and/or money leveling the Dead King's Scepter or the Philosopher's stone artifacts. Joke's on you: now if you use those artifacts you actually get punished.
    • Like x 3
  11. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Actually artifacts give you stats too... And they not disappear nowhere + you'll get bonus from artifact anyway. It's about following mechaincs, not about artifacts. But you compare apples to oranges & crying about fair\not fair.
  12. Daniel101773 New Player

The hydra skeletons do NOT happen because of orbitals, people just yelled that out the first few weeks when they didn’t understand anything. There have been so many times (pretty much every single boss run) that I drop an orbital on Hydra and no teeth are dropped like people claim. Heck I told my whole group to orbital him at once around 80% HP to see if teeth immediately happened and nothing...
  13. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Merciless will do a room wide AOE attack if you drop an orbital on him in Phoenix Cannon Elite, or if the orbital damages him at all. You can drop an orbital as long as he is not in range of being hit with it. In Dark Multiverse, he does not do that. You can drop orbtials/supplies. He is not a carbon copy of his model in PC. He does slightly different attacks in DM.

Barbatos does not pulse beam a healer dropping a supply. His mechanic is that he will do a slam attack, then drop aggro, this is a scripted attack. The tank needs to retaunt the boss immediately afterwards. What's happening is your tank is not retaunting at the correct time, which results in a loss of aggro. Usually the healers are targeted as they're normally next on the threat table.
    • Like x 2
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That's because the mechanic is that after the Hydra takes a certain amount of damage it spits out a tooth or two. The orbitals do not spawn the skeletons... the teeth turn into skeletons when you fail to hit the cog on them within the timer's countdown.

If you want to reduce the number of skeletons:
    1. Stop doing damage and pick up a tooth or two near you
    2. Spread the orbitals out over the duration of the fight so you have fewer teeth at one time
    3. Talk to one of the Wonder Women so they can lasso one of the heads... because when that head is muzzled it can't spit out teeth
    4. See item 1
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Most of the bosses that are introduced with a no supply/no orbital are introduced by the developer Charon. He did False Idols, Hive Reborn (no orbital on Terra, no supply drop on Deathstroke), Darkness Rising (Vampire Lord you shouldn't use supply), and aided significantly with Fractured God Sphere (u shouldn't orbital Zeus (unless lunge phase timer), and shouldn't use supply drop on Grail unless she has omega above her head, or during reflect).

Merciless had same mechanic in Phoenix Cannon but he was first introduced as a boss with said mechanic in False Idols, a raid designed by Charon.

Chances are if you see Charon post a new piece of content in a Testing Feedback/Developer Discussions thread, there is a good chance one or other of the bosses will have a no supply and/or no orbital mechanic of some kind.

In fact every developer who designs new content on the dev team has their own mechanics that are distinct from other developers. Be sure to keep an eye out.
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Like I said guys, I was just going off memory lol, and my memory can be a little fuzzy sometimes.
  17. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I've always thought these kinds of mechanics are a bit stupid and unnecessary. Here's a thing you can use.....now don't use it unless you want to get one-shotted. Seems a bit pointless to me. Why have something in the game if we are gonna get punished for using it?

As an unrelated side moan, I also hate mechanics in boss fights that bounce you around constantly or needlessly stops you from attacking in some way. These 'annoying mechanics' seem to be getting overused lately too, and feel like they're only there to drag out the fight for longer! (In particular, the Queen Diana fight in the alert is especially annoying! Stop attacking when she's blocking. Stop attacking while you block her lasso. Stop attacking because your powers and weapons have been disabled. Stop attacking so you can hide behind a statue etc etc. JUST LET US FIGHT lol)
    • Like x 3
  18. Raven Roth Committed Player

Next thing you know we'll have a mechanic where the full damage of your orbital is reflected back on you
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

To shake it up a little, could have a boss known for absorbing energy; and when you use an orbital, it heals him. As an extra mechanic, time your orbitals properly (spacing them out), and you could overload the boss causing him to pop like a balloon.

Just remember to block when he explodes.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Here's a question: are players getting punished for using those items, or is an over-reliance on those items coming around to bite those players in the hindquarters?

Either one is a distinct possibility.
    • Like x 1