White screen then force close.

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by JohnDKX, Dec 11, 2017.

1. JohnDKX New Player

Game is not loading after a pc windows update. All it does now is show whit for one second then force closes. As I had just started to put money into this game I would really like this problem fixed asap. Thank you.
  2. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

If it happened after a WINDOWS update it seems to me it would be WINDOWS related. (Or at the very least the drivers not working correctly) I don't believe telling daybreak to fix your system is fair or reasonable. Try to update your video drivers!
    • Like x 1
  3. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

Or roll back the windows update.
  4. JohnDKX New Player

I'm not really trying to blame daybreak as self defensive as they are about their reputation for being a good company. Its just that out of my 50 games its the only one to not work. I'm not exactly computer savvy either so I do appreciate your attempt to help me lol. Thank you very much I will try to figure it out.
  5. JohnDKX New Player

I am very sorry to bother you but I undid update still a no go. Is there a quick way tor you to point me out to windows 10 video driver update or is it to much to ask lol...... sorry I am asking this.,
  6. JohnDKX New Player

Nvm I figured it out with no luck just wish I didn't hit the update button this morning lol I appreciate the quick replies let me know the company cares. Keep up the good work hopefully my friend can figure it out for me as he is more familiar with IT type stuff. As soon as I get back on I will go legends happy lol.
  7. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

The video card drivers are found on your manufacturers web site (i.e. Amd drivers are at amd.com Nvidia drivers are at Nivdia.com)
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Keep in mind that NVIDIA warns that any Windows rollback will break their driver.

The white screen flash may be related to FPS issues. Nvidia drivers don't support a proper FPS limit, so if the problem continues, get the Nvidia inspector and use its profile system to set the FPS below 60 FPS or whatever else your screen supports.
    Limiting the FPS will also reduce the power consumption of your PC ;)