Whisper A'daire help

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by the_real_nevil, May 28, 2015.

1. the_real_nevil New Player

Guys, help. I can't beat Whisper A'daire. She is too powerfull. My character has got 23rd level. PLZ help.
  2. Cursed Khagan Well-Known Player

Whisper can be a challenging character. I think the best thing to do is when the fight starts, after knocking out Kyle Abbott, quickly grab the healing barrel and break it beside her. If possible, try to damage her at melee-range. Keep an eye out for when she's using telekinetic and block when you see objects flying at you.

After Whisper, you'll have to fight Bruno in the next part of the mission. He is one of the most challenging bosses I have ever fought in the 1-30 leveling. I remember waiting an hour outside the teleporter hoping someone would stop by and help. For that boss, avoid his laser beams at all cost. Run behind the columns, or in circles. After certain health intervals he will have adds come in, quickly eliminate them before he uses his lasers again.
    • Like x 2
  3. the_real_nevil New Player

Thanks, but it doesn't work. I tried it. She always knocks me out. Maybe I will try to defeat her with rifle. And sometimes when I join a group, I don't have to fight boss, fight is skipped. Maybe I will try this method.
  4. Owl Devoted Player

If you are having difficulty in the fight at Level 23, you may want to try other missions to increase your Level.
    There are missions in other safe houses that open up once you complete your Mentor missions.
    I would recommend visiting all 5 safe houses to check for lower level missions that will grant you experience.

Hero Mission lines that may need to be picked up:
    • Level 8: Meta: Queen Bee; Magic: Raven; Tech: Bane
    • Level 12: Meta: Dr Psycho; Magic: Giganta; Tech: Harley Quinn
    • Other Gotham: Poison Ivy; Riddler/Deathstroke
    • Other Metropolis: Brother Blood; Sinestro
    You automatically get some of these missions depending on your Mentor but others have to be picked up manually.
    For example: A Meta player will automatically get the Queen Bee mission but may have to pickup the Raven mission.
    • Like x 1
  5. the_real_nevil New Player

My mentor is Batman. Weapon is brawling. Power - gadgets. Movement - acrobatic.
  6. Owl Devoted Player

Have you ran the Raven mission that starts in the Chinatown safehouse?
    Have you ran the Hive Queen Bee mission that starts in the Little Bohemia safehouse?

There may be other lower level missions that you can run to increase your level.
    Once your level is higher you may have an easier time with the Temple of Crime mission line.

Try the following Damage loadout at Level 23:
    • Battle Display
    • Distract
    • Paralyzing Dart
    • Sticky Bomb
    • Cryo-Foam
    • Gauss Grenade
    Rotation #1: Battle Display -> Distract -> Paralyzing Dart
    Rotation #2: Battle Display -> Sticky Bomb -> Cryo-Foam -> Gauss Grenade -> Paralyzing Dart

Battle Display activates a power back mechanic which is useful in solo instances.
    Paralyzing Dart causes additional damage if it follows Distract, Stealth or 3 different power interaction starters.
    EMP pulse also does but it has a much smaller range. Ranged attacks may work better until you get better gear.
    Gauss Grenade and Distract are Usable While Controlled, so they can be used when you are affected by Control Effects.

Note that you can Reset your Power and Skill points in the Watchtower.
    • Like x 1
  7. the_real_nevil New Player

Thank you all guys. I will try it tomorrow, when I finish making my BVS cowl.
  8. Swiftsparrow New Player

Im actually Level 28, Light/Fear and I have tons of Skill Pts. and She kills me with 2 hits. Im like WTF how?
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This is what I do I usually block and lunge.
    And use a loadout similar to what Owl posted.
    And use soder colas when available, if done right I can kill her around lvl 23/25
  10. Owl Devoted Player

It is important to counter her attacks and then follow up with Light combos.
    • Block Breakers (Hold Range) disrupt Blocks (Shield above opponent)
    • Interrupting attacks (Hold Melee) disrupt attacks that are Vulnerable to Interrupt (Reticle above opponent)
    • Blocks disrupt Interrupting attacks (Fist above opponent)
    Light's Advanced Mechanic requires 4 seconds of combos for boosted damage.
    There are multiple feasible Light combo rotations to get to the boosted damage.

For solo content, I prefer starting with ranged combos and switching to Melee attacks when the boosted damage kicks in.
    Example using Hand Clap to combo into Chainsaw and Light Claws:
    • Hand Clap (tray) > Tap Range x 2 > Tap Melee (Chainsaw) x 5 > Hold Melee (Light Claws) > Tap Melee x 4
    Light Barrier is useful for solo content to prevent incoming damage. It is also Usable While Countered or Controlled.
  11. Dr DeviI Active Player

I just tried this at level 22 with Gadgets and brawling using the loadout and rotation that Owl suggested to you.

I literally killed her in less than 5 seconds, once I hit EMP she died instantly.
    The only suggestion I can give (I'm a new player myself) if you're having trouble with some of the bosses, you're doing something wrong, after trying out what people consider optimal rotations I'm pretty much mowing down everything in sight with little to no effort, its actually a little boring.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dr DeviI Active Player

So about as fast as I killed her at lvl 22, lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. Swiftsparrow New Player

On other characters it was easier but with a Light user it was like WTF really?!? I'm like there is NO way that she could do that much damage, but then again maybe Light users are weak against her.

So yeah safe to safe i defeated her after the advice. Thanks.
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I would pay close attention to the power suggestions...at lvl 23 a character using gadgets and any weapon..."I am pretty sure you will not use your weapon much"...should be able to do this...a few darts or EMPs and she should go down..if your gear has kept up at all...you might have to block...drink a soder...but it should be doable. Best of luck and pluck in this world and RL...
  15. lilceeza New Player

I feel like she should be a Dark Souls character. Because i have tried to defeat her over 50 times no to no avail.
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Before the nerf he was an epic win...he is actually easier now than before. Over the years many solo bosses have been made easier...the OLD penguinbot...sheesh...should have mailed you an actual fing trophy for beating that one and living...
    • Like x 1
  17. Innocent Assassin Level 30

Yeah - stuck at whisper - brawling with two handed rage...I last a while but then she always kicks my ****.
    there's ONE healing barrel and thats it in the whole room...
  18. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Since Nov 2013 when they streamlined the level-up, the only missions you do not get automatically are the level 8 missions of alternative mentors. The complete level 12 line is now mandatory, in order of Giganta/Wondergirl, Dr. Psycho/Supergirl and Harley/Robin. The level 8 missions of the other mentors do unlock for pickup at level 15 (which is sorta stupid ;)).

Villains however can accidently shortcur if they max out on XP in previous content; once they reach level 20, Two-Face will give them the Mr. Freeze/Ice Heist story arc no matter if they finished the other arcs before.

Now, for Whisper:

I noticed players calling for help on Whisper quite often for a couple of weeks - which is uncommon since usually people neede help in defeatin Bruno Mannheim, the end boss of the next mission after Whisper is defeated. I recently levelled up a new toon - which I do quite often - and kept an eye out for things that seemed "off" compared to previous runs, but - everything seemed to be OK, Whisper is the same since they updated her combat powers looong time ago. I can#t give you advise for your specific power, but some general hints:

- fight both Kyle and Whisper in DPS role
    - check your equipment for older parts. When picking your gear, the most important number is the item level, since that will increase or decrease your equipped combat rating. There are low level items that grant more health than many items of higher level - don't fal for that. The effective stats of an item do not matter in any way currently, equip the items with the highest level per slot. Also: check the vendors in the safe houses (there are different vendors offering different gear in the safe houses) for gear with higher item level than the one you have equipped. DCUO is a gear focused MMO, anything else is of secondary importance at best.
    - you should be able to drop Kyle easily and not barely, so you do not need to use the barrel instantly
    - barrels in the game can have different respawn behavior depending on how they are broken; everyone not believing this can check in the tutorial even. So if you are going to have a long fight with Whisper, try to shoot the barrel where it spawns to make sure it respawns.
    - learn to time the use of soders and barrels for longer/difficult battles. Get the best soders you can equip (should be soder supreme at level 23)
    - oh, and: use soders. There is no feat to get from Whisper for not doing so (there is a feat for defeating Mannheim without using soders)
    - if you have supercharge powers in your loadout: don't waste them on Kyle or the adds in the warehouse, try to come in with 100% supercharge bar against Whisper
    - try to have a loadout that supports AM for your power (guides to find at youtube if you can't find a fitting loadout on the forums)

If that doesn't work for you, do what players usually do in DCUO/MMOs when they can't beat content at level - outgear/outgrow it! Check for skipped content (see Owl's post above), briefings (blue nodes in the open world), investigations (green nodes in open world and "dungeons"), Booster Tour missions (they start in every safehouse at differen levels), collections (items from yellow nodes in the open world), races (two in front of each of the starting safehouses, other start locations marked with a purple-ish lightbeam) etc to complete and level up on the XP reward, then get back later. If you don't skip too much of these extras and time the use of the free XP booster you get from your first mission arc well, you can be level 30 while playing level 25 content still. So there really is a good chance to outgear/outgrow Whisper if none of the hints above can help you.
    • Like x 1
  19. Innocent Assassin Level 30

Thanks for the detailed info. mate! - I get her down to halfway health and then lights out - every time.
    I'm level 26 now...
    I'm damage role pretty much always...
    Good tip on item level - will keep an out for what to equip according to item level :)
  20. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Each time I make a new character, I have trouble on this one as well. Kyle is easy, but Whisper always seems to get me on the first try. After I wipe and come back at her again the second time though I usually get her. Bruno has never been hard for me. Just have to keep hitting him and use the 2-3 barrels in the room along with your NPC partner's damage assistance and he goes down fine. His were-cat adds go down easily enough for me every time too. Whisper is the only problem. I try to put my back to the wall next to the lone healing barrel and try to time my rotations and energy consumption with the barrel. It's the only way I've ever been able to win against her. It sucks because the rest of the mission isn't that hard.