Whirling Dervish, worth it? (Rage melee)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by fm0987, Dec 19, 2021.

1. fm0987 Committed Player

I’ve been using whirling dervish on my rage toon, my main problem with it is it seems kind of random how it works? Like in a group of ads for example, most of the time it is useless because it stops spinning as soon as you ko the lowest health one (although it doesn’t always do that, sometimes you continue spinning). Is this power bugged or something? My loadout I’ve been using is violence, outrage, lacerate, dervish, robot, berserk.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It will stop if the target you are locked onto dies. These are usually the lowest ones because they are your primary target. To continue spinning you have to change targets while spinning
    • Like x 1
  3. fm0987 Committed Player

Ahh k guess I didn’t realize that
  4. Trykz Dedicated Player

Hi, main rage here :)
    To what end are you using WD?
    I mean are you using it as clip (the most common use)
    Or are you using it as just a regular power?
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

6. fm0987 Committed Player

Clipping no well I guess if you consider the foot mod (tap melee)
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

I tried eviscerating chain instead of dervish but the cooldowns seem to get kind of mixed up
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

So the main thing every super excel rage player does is this.
    Outrage, full combo, clipping the last animation with lacerate
    Outrage, full combo, clipping last animation with e chain.
    This is rages bread and butter.
    The other side to this rotation is your pi
    That is typically done with violence clipped with either remorseless or sever punishment.
    When written the entire thing looks like this.

Violence/Severe, outrage/lacerate, (weapon tap out of lacerate as soon as outrage is back off cooldown), outrage/e-chain (repeat from start)
    There is wiggle room for personal preference on the pi, and what arts you’re running, it generally every rage who’s good is using the outrage e chain lacerate rotation.
  9. fm0987 Committed Player

Ok will have to try that, I like dervish cept unlike lacerate it automatically cancels sometimes
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

Lacerate is just the lube that keeps that few seconds while outrage is on cool down from being so dry.
    If you look in AVs guide he was kind enough to post videos with the rotations. I believe what I’m referring to he calls the “rage pure” load out
  11. Trykz Dedicated Player

Take all this as my opinion though just for clarification. AV breaks down several rotations and I definitely have not tried them all.
    As for my speculation on who’s using what, anecdotal on my experiences.
    Use what feels good to you is always good advice too.
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Personally, this is what I prefer to run.
    Transformation, strategist, La Mort

Violence clip to remorseless.
    Outrage clip to e chain clip to outage clip to lacerate (3 ticks) clip to outage clip to e chain clip to outrage (restart from violence).
    • Like x 1
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

I feel so dumb for la mort not being one of my initial 3 arts lol. I went and ready it and was like that does sound pretty bestest in slotest now doesn’t it. Lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Once La Mort is maxed, there's some real benefits. Cool down reduction, 35% bonus damage to e chain: just makes my rotation run smoother.
    The doom stacks are various, if you get a boss (like flashpoint brainiac) that keeps pausing the fight, you lose a lot of stacks. But with Batman who laughs (in new alert) you can really get the stack of doom up. Especially if you consider that the combo portion of e chain also adds a stack. So you get 2 stacks for each successful e chain combo. Makes for some damage lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. fm0987 Committed Player

Guess that’s what I don’t get, how are you clipping back into outrage after evis chain combo, there’s like a second or two yet on the cooldown
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

If you do the full combo for outage, clip the last hit to e chain, clip back into outrage, it times almost perfectly. (For me)
    • Like x 1
  17. fm0987 Committed Player

Full combo you mean let the animation play out like don’t clip it instantly?
  18. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Don't let the full animation play through for the for the final 'hold melee'. Basically, as soon as I see the flails start to rise (right after holding melee for the 3rd outrage combo) I immediately cast e chain and combo (hold melee). Right before the blades come out for e chains end, I'm casting outrage again.

If you need/want, sometime I can go to a sparring target and you can get a visual idea of when to clip to keep the rotation running smooth.
  19. fm0987 Committed Player

Ok nvm I was just thinking combo 1x not 2, I see what you mean