While FF XIV gets 2 new jobs and lots of changes to the old ones, we're struggling to get 1 power...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, May 17, 2024.

1. Sollace Committed Player

• Like x 3
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Um.... in FF XIV, we're also getting a new playable race, the female Hrothgar. Don't hit meh!
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Ff14 has a way larger team ,likely makes way more money, and has way more players.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

FF14 is a subscription based game that requires a payment to even play and you also pay for expansions and cosmetics.

There's truth in the saying "you get what you pay for" and in the case of DCUO, there is no payment, I'll let you draw the inevitable conclusion.
    • Like x 8
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

DCUO would have that too if Daybreak hadn’t run it into the ground.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Unwavering Player

I doubt that. The players chose with their wallets that they rather spend money on gambleboxes then any content in-game. They got the game that they paid for
    • Like x 1
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I feel your frustrations and it’s sad that a mostly niche property beats a licensed game with well known characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash etc. Go anywhere in the world from the Amazon to Antarctic and people know who those DC comic characters are. As for Final Fantasy some video game fans know FF7 and maybe the original FF which have little to do with FF14. But hey all the naysayers will line up and go “poor liddle Daybreak they can’t afford to barely keep this game going let alone give us new things like powers where’s the money to come from “? Like it’s sad Mepps got laid off and like twenty others filled his place, for free. Look above and below me in comments and people are just answering for the community reps and devs. So it’s not worth it to make threads like this. Instead of this player community going “WHERE THE F IS OUR SUBSCRIPTIONS AND MARKETPLACE MONEY GOING DAYBREAK” people here would rather make excuses for them. So it ain’t worth it. I know the day when DCUO closes for good I’ll be giving my thanks to everyone who kept excusing Daybreak’s lack of support to the fans, customers and loyal players of DCUO because hey it was ultimately them that killed off this game because when they were told Daybreak couldn’t afford new powers they just parroted them partyline and didn’t criticize back. Cheers DCUO forums!
    • Like x 1
  8. Wiccan028 Active Player

Hmm I kind of disagree with you on this, and I know my opinion will be unpopular about that in general, but I'm okay with that.

To a degree, I'd argue that we get more/have more now, than we did when the game was a subscription based, Granted it was sub based when I stopped playing 7ish years ago (granted you could play without one but it was far far more limiting).

Only the top three episodes are restricted to being done daily (other than open world stuff) which means you can run things repeatedly and avoid things you don't like far more than when I stopped playing. You also have all of your money and don't have to repair gear.

I'd argue stuff you buy in FF, at least are direct purchases and there is never any gamble in it and even when the game had a high sub count I'm pretty sure they didn't start truly making money the company enjoyed until Time Capsules.

Also, if memory serves they argue that powers don't make them money which is why they didn't really take time developing any more/put effort in (I'd argue that the stuff we got for water used half the assetts for the Venom power set that got canceled... but what do I know).

I do know that are right FF does have a larger team and I also know that they probably do bring in more money... from what I've seen though both the games truly have money being funneled to other projects than back into the one that made the money... but thats really just my opinion.
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Can you really blame some players choosing to buy the only content that’s actually made in this game? That’s on the company not exactly fair to blame the playerbase for that is it?
    • Like x 1
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Not necessarily true. DCUO launched ps3 and had the job of convincing cosole gamers so subscribe. That didn't work so they quickly went free to play. They were trendsetters. Ff14 has a strong pc community filled with veteran mmorpg players. A blessing and curse for dc was that they favored ps3 players but ps3 players didn't want to sub. The Episodes we get would have been free updates if they continued the sub model and we would have received large sprawling expansions like WoW and FF14. Look at the complexity found dcuos first 2 years with regards to alerts and raids compared to the last decade. They had to balance the books somehow. The psn hack also didn't do SOE any favors.
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

DCUO had subscriptions and DLCs before that and they have subs now. And there’s direct payments available in Booster Bundles and Marketplace items it’s just that a good lot of other items are behind gamble lootboxes too. Just because some “content” is free and to be honest that’s more a try before you buy deal they’ve always wanted players to get frustrated with either inventory space, skill points or artifacts or whatever and for them to get out their wallets and pay. And some do pay but most quit the game and a few stay and play with barely anything and trust me I’ve been in Leagues with free players they’re a hassle to carry into raids. Daybreak ain’t exactly giving DCUO away for free here. Yeah they’ve made some QoL changes that help free players because probably they saw a massive drop from things like revamp and clamp and no clear direction with the game and that was a way to stop hemorrhaging players. But cmon DCUO isn’t totally free so the question is where’s the money for it?
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah but that was years ago. Whatever baggage Daybreak had as SOE is gone now. They aren’t that company anymore. They also got a sweet deal with being previously owned by Sony. You don’t need a PS Plus subscription to play multiplayer on DCUO. If Daybreak couldn’t build their PlayStation audience or their PC audience or their Xbox audience or their Nintendo Switch audiences when each console has DCUO which is rather unique right now as the only superhero RPG MMO available that’s on them. Not the loyal players who’ve supported them for 14 years. Again excuses excuses this game company hates two things, they hate communicating and owning up to their mistakes.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Unwavering Player

When they told us that booster bundles were the most successful thing.This game's ever added.

And also told us that we don't get new powers because players don't purchase them.

They are following the money and the money led them here.
    • Like x 2
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Even if dcuo made more by being sub based i dont think they would invest more into making the team larger,the problem is to see dcuo as cashcow and only to maximize its profits i believe the only way for dc to truly shine is to have new owners and that probably only happens if dcuo does poorly ( i believe the drastic change of devs after episode 46 was due to them noticing drops in population etc so that dcuo had to get attention asap). Now just look how they praise and talk about other games but not dcuo despite that dcuo makes most the $

but i do believe the current dev team will do much much better, i also see frequently new positions open and being taken so the focus on dc seemingly went up but this may have nothing to do with the actual owners though which i disagree with how they handle the games direction/purpose. Like they said years ago dcuo was gonna get a big expansion but where is it?
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Unwavering Player

We've been hearing this since Jens Anderson ran the show.
    • Like x 1
  16. zNot Loyal Player

They didnt appreciate it back then i wasnt complaining back then lol,look at the game now.
  17. Sollace Committed Player

It makes me laugh to hear the excuses that come out every time, like there's not enough money or it's the players' fault, but the EG7 report clearly shows that revenues are high with DCUO. The only ones to blame are EG7 who use DCUO as revenue for other games that don't work instead of using it for a game where people invest, it's EG7 who's getting everyone into trouble with their frankly questionable management!

It's strange that since EG7 took over the game, it's become difficult to create a new power, yet look at the number of artefacts there are now, there's more than enough to count the number of abilities for a power...
    • Like x 6
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Is it? Do me a favor - google "FF14 release date" and "DCUO release date" and get back to us. Maybe if you stop making stuff up about things you clearly have no idea about - somebody might take your moaning seriously. The last thing we want is for the devs to listen to ignorant people, right?

Lol... "Content that divides the community"? You mean - like all the different powersets that "the community" wants and can't agree on and when they used to come out people wouldn't play them, because "that's not the lantern color I wanted"?

No, we're not "struggling to get 1 new powerset" - we don't need more powersets. Learn to play the 15 we already have, instead of hoping the devs will make you more new toys that you can suck with...
    • Like x 2
  19. Sollace Committed Player

Develop where is my fault?

You should get to know the league and the forum a bit more and yes, a lot of people are asking for new powers or even new abilities for existing or even iconic powers.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't pretend the demand doesn't exist!
    • Like x 2
  20. KidKretz Committed Player

we cant even get a hardlight ally done right...soooo there's that.

i dont put all my marbles into this game anymore. this is not my "main game" any longer. but that's because they themselves arent treating it as such either from my pov.

honestly not sure why anyone would make dcuo their "main game", but its still a cool game and i love sinking a few hours a week into it still. and me the kids still fool around with it now and again that they got a ps4. but even they stopped caring about it as much sadly.

now, the POTENTIAL this game has is huge, but they have already made it clear they dont wish for it to be "HUGE", they are CONTENT with its current progress and revenue stream and im CONTENT treating it as "just another game i play".

i dont even care about stat clamps anymore. if they dont care, why should i is my feeling.

now that that rant is out of my system, a new power.

seeing as i would have to pay for said power, and im not going to do that, a new power would interest me very little. back in the day i woulda snatched up a blue lantern so quick, but now if it comes out, i would just enjoy seeing them all around me and be content with the characters i have.

the thought of leveling up one more character in this game is....meh.

(hindsight, its really cloudy here, maybe i need some vit D, i seem down hahahaha)

BUT as always, i hope you and my fellow players get the items and new stuff you wish for. especially for those who do make this their "main game", it's not fair they dont cater to you more when it comes to new powers and such!
    • Like x 2