Which "stories" would you like to see coming in DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

For my part :

Superman & the red sun.

I'd love to see something revolving around Superman and a red sun, well I guess it might be a bit tricky to add that to DCUO, I don't know what villain there could be for such a DLC, what locations could there be for content? Smalville I guess? but I think it could be something interesting to explore.

Ps: this inspiration came to me, after seeing episode 11 & 12 of the new Superman &Lois series I found those 2 episodes really excellent. :p

Hawkman & Hawkgirl.

I also think there should be something to highlight these two characters, with their unusual backstories.

Blackest Night in space.

One day, I'd like to have an opportunity for a space adventure among the stars, I don't know if it would be "sexy" in the game, but I want to believe that "yes", I would never have dared to propose that in the background, since all the characters don't fly, but now that the devs have added rings with movement mods, why not? it would be possible now, right? moreover, Atlantis showed us that we can all<<fly>>^^

Larfleeze

A character I think we'd deserve to meet as a villain around a DLC.
  2. Leonite Well-Known Player

I thought heroes from The Watchmen are coming soon. I'm excited for that!
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Red Son could be fun
    Injustice, though there's issues with being able to do that, but maybe something just like... in that vein
    Something Young Justice (as in the '98 comic series, I know they can't do stuff with the show)
    Identity Crisis, though they may have to change.... certain elements for rating reasons lmao
    Nightwing and Flamebird of Kandor (whatever pairing they wanna go with is good, tbh)
    Blackest Night/Brightest Day
    Something involving either future successors (like Batman Beyond or Future State sorta thing), past heroes/villains, or both
    Titans of Tomorrow
    Something Super Sons so maybe we can get Jon
    Something Flash related to get Wallace
    Something with the Beetles and maybe the Reech could be involved
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Definitely war world from the justice league animated series. It would be a cheap dlc to make too. Just a sequence of boss fights in a coliseum. They could make multiple solos, duos, alerts, and raids out of it in one room for all I care as long as there's lots to do and they keep it interesting.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

An actual Birds of Prey or Gotham City Sirens episode.

DCeased
    Warworld
    The Elite
    Crisis on Infinite Earths
    The Witching Hour
    Justice League International
    Suicide Squad
    Jonah Hex
    Outlaws
    Outsiders

Anything Batman related:
    Arkham Asylum (never concluded what happened to Dr. Arkham in-game)
    The Killing Joke
    Long Halloween
    Court of Owls
    Death in the Family
    Under the Red Hood
    Gotham by Gaslight
    • Like x 1
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I'd like that too, but idk if there's even a movie synergy moment to make that happen anymore.
    I'll settle for a Secret Six episode (with BoP in it) as an apology since both have Gail Simone's fingerprints all over them... though that might even have less of a synergy chance.

Second Justice League International too.
    Poor things' most prominent role in DCUO is Death of Superman as a rally iconics feat... they deserve so much better.
    and NO EVIL MAX LORD GODAMMN IT there's at least one thing WW84 got right...

Wonder Woman: Godwatch - basically adapt the 2nd Greg Rucka run.
    We've seen waaay too many Wonder Woman episodes centring on the gods' stuff in DCUO at this point (and really, in the comics...)
    We should get to know more about her interactions with the mortal world.
    Bring in Etta Candy, Doctor Poison & Cyber, reuse Steve, Ferdinand, Cheetah, Veronica Cale, voila.

A proper Suicide Squad story inspired by the Ostrander run?

My only real big don't is enough event or giant crossover stuff already.
    You've had years to craft that metal saga and I'm feeling that event fatigue hard, let's go back to more character-centred stuff.
    ...though rumour has it next episode will have elements of Underworld Unleashed or building towards Dark Crisis. Please tell me it's neither...
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Great Darkness Saga
    DC The New Frontier
    The Janus Directive
    Kingdom Come
    Cosmic Odyssey
    Crisis on Infinte Earths
  8. Rami-El New Player

There's absolutely no way I can resist throwing a hat in the ring for DCeased. That'll possibly forever be my favorite story of all time. I was tense throughout the entire issue.
    • Like x 1
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’m reluctant to admit it, but the current Dark Crisis makes sense from a game perspective. The death of the Justice League is the perfect catalyst for us to step in and fill the void. And the roster of villains (including Deathstroke) are already in the game for the most part:

[IMG]

All DCUO is missing is Neron and Pariah.

Pariah could be added during the Anniversary event (as an original Crisis character); and Pariah’s original power (to appear at moments of impending doom) could be used as a gameplay element for a feat or reward of some kind. Imagine a scavenger hunt for Pariah appearing in old Ominbus content. Find all of his appearances for the reward.

Incidentally, I still like the scavenger hunt idea for “build an ally” where you have to go through old content to find the pieces needed to build Red Tornado or Amazo - or maybe the magic talismans needed to free an ally such as Mordru. Would make it more immersive than just buy off vendor and level.

I give a lot of these ideas, though. Underworld Unleashed. Armageddon 2001. DC One Million. Bizarro World. Charlton characters (like Captain Atom) for Watchmen. The specifics I’ve given in the past on this forum would fit the gameplay and add some new immersive elements, but they don’t ever seem to be listened to. The concentration is spending half of development time on tuning Uber-hard content for swappers and hackers.
  10. Eve YouTuber

I'd love to see newer stories like dcceased and DC vs Vampires
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. L T Devoted Player

Seems like we're overdue for some lantern content. On a related note, the Darkstars would be a cool addition to DCUO
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Hmm well I did wanted to see crisis events but DCUO has done things differently than what it shows in the comics so now it doesn't even matter to me but, I would like to see us explore a fully fledge city of the New Gods along for heros and Apokolips for Villains.
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Honestly that comic didn't make any sense to me... They keep killing off The Flash like he's some low rank criminal. Don't even know how Superman couldn't tell his teammates are dead since they are vampires. At first glance I thought Wonder Women was possessed by Hecate in that one storyline in the comics. It's really good!
    • Like x 1
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Anything featuring the Endless.
    • Like x 1
  15. Stamen Dedicated Player

Hard Traveling Heroes -- all the way from now to Tuesday. Best series ever written.
    [IMG]
  16. agentofthebat Active Player

Anything to do with Batman for me
  17. Tolly Committed Player

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get a lot of Batman, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get a lot of Batman, so I'm not going to be able to get a lot of Batman. :D
  18. Lord Xanatos New Player

According to the question...

For me it would be something from New 52 with Superman and Wonder Woman.

Maybe the introduction of H'El for the episode to add skin, tattoos, hairstyles, armor styles, for Superman, Wonder Woman, Superboy, Supergirl.

[IMG]
  19. GermanM Committed Player

I wanna see the history of how they balance the game and fix all bug´s and stuff.
  20. GermanM Committed Player

+1
    • Like x 1