Which powers are least seen?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Goldbloodedd, Apr 20, 2020.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The main disadvantage that mental had was the 60 sec cooldown on the shield sc compared to all others having a 30 second cooldown. Even with that the ghost cc ha been one of the best for a long time. Quantum is still by far the most common troll but mental isn’t that uncommon. You rarely see HL trolls because of combo aspect and munitions troll while not as rare as HL also tend to give out less power. Not because of the power itself but because the players tend to stay in there channels and not hit the group power heal as often as other trolls. This turned into a myth of munitions not giving out as much power which as stated above is more about the players but this has cause less players who primarily troll to choose munitions. Most people who go gadgets do it for the dps so while you do see gadgets often they are usually dps not and trolls.
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Np let me know if you need any help with the power. I’ll eventually make an atomic dps guide.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aesthete Well-Known Player

I see Quantum, Gadgets, and Mental the most. Don't think I've ever ran into a HL controller since they're more than likely sticking to DPS and I've finally seen a munitions for the first time in months, lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

He had to be trolling or he just doesnt run elite raids.
  5. Goldbloodedd New Player

Is there a reason there aren't many Hard Light controllers? I used to play one back in the day and loved it, i like the combo system
  6. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I still rarely see the power set
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Their SC generator is/was funky, not sure if it got fixed. CC's and debuffs are at a disadvantage compared to other Troll powersets. I don't think Light has an aggro drop shield like the other Troll powersets.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Lightweight Strike is the SC generator and drops from the sky and can be clipped by Recharge. Light barrier is such a weak shield that a HL controller is better off taking HLS iconic. The other real "issue" with Light controlling is the defense debuff for range which is Light Blast. Since it is also a channel you can't clip it, although you can combo it into Machine gun and move forward if you want. Whip Thrash is the other defense debuff and it is more of a melee power so those are the main downsides.
  9. Nangaf Well-Known Player

Funny, because my 2 main charactere is HL and Munition troll :p
  10. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

that's the beauty of the forums...just when 1 guy insists it has to be this way the next commenter will tell you all the legitimate reasons the opposite is the way you must go...
  11. Fixty Active Player

Hey fellow GL Corps member.
    One of my two mains is also HL troll :)
  12. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

HL 2 controller clicks youre a living ray gun....I think hl dps is understated...I love my walking ray gun...anyways...
  13. DesertMP New Player

I just wish this game would get FULL character creation. I want to pick a power set, movement mode AND then get to decide if that character is going to be a healer, DPS, tank or controller--whatever I want it to be, not whatever is allowed by the power set I chose.
    • Like x 3
  14. travelingtheory Well-Known Player

Powers require alot of purchasing and dedication, most people will get frustrated with just the base game powers youll see the most, followed by niche players maxing the most effective role. Electric,atomic,rage,munitions. Mental is fairly easy but probably not as effective as other trollers. Still solid. water is weird. melee dps, ranged spells and some heals. I had everything purchased up to quantum on Ps3 before i lost my account and several toons, but i doubt most people even have hard light. I bit the bullet and bought water and still kinda messing around and screwing up. No idea what im doing, random stat points, weapons, cross builds. its kinda fun, but ill probably need to learn how to get better gear at some point. the games fun as it is i think, fire and ice, are just kinda poorly done as tanking skills, i even made an earth tank, still kinda boring. The dual mode is supposed to fix that 5 years in. It was to make switching roles a snap and fun for casuals. Still no fun tanks. id rather swing my bow then taser someone .
  15. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Did you forget about Quantum?
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Apparently so lol
  17. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I switched to Atomic after trying Rage and Earth, never switching again. I LOVE Atomic tanking. The DPS side is certainly a little weak, but it can get through any content.

18. Dub T Well-Known Player

I have been seeing a lot of Atomic Tanks lately. I thought we were a rare breed, but Atomic is catching on...I think anyway
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

Pulling the thread back to ask: wasn`t there a website that showed how many players use specific powers?
  20. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

maybe one of those "Census" sites...??