Which powers are least seen?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Goldbloodedd, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Goldbloodedd New Player

Just joining the game again, and I was just interested in what powers you have seen the least of and also the role that is lacking good players in. From when I last played, always seemed to have trouble finding a good troll, then tank, then healer, lastly DPS.

I've always been one to choose the underdog so I'm looking to fill the void of powers.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Tanks will always be the hardest to find because of the mentality of the collective whole. From what I’ve seen healers are next hardest and then trolls but the difference in that is lower. Dps you will find plentiful.

As for dps if you want to be a tank it would be atomic and fire as the lowest followed by ice and earth with a lot of rage tanks.

For healers it would be sorcery. Then celestial and there seems to be pretty similar amounts of nature and water with electric being a little more common. But the difference in population between celestial and electric isn’t as extreme as with the tank powers.

For trolls it would probably be HL and munitions as the lowest. Then gadgets with more mental and quantum trolls.

As for dps. Probably sorcery < water < atomic < mental < ice < celestial < HL < munition < earth < fire < electric < rage < gadgets < nature
    • Like x 1
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'd have to agree that tanks are likely the hardest to find. I barely get done typing on lfg channel offering to tank, and Bam, group invite with a full team (usually). Sometimes I even see a "yay, finally" in chat when I join lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. Goldbloodedd New Player

That's good to hear. I was leaning towards tanking or healing, but it sounds like I'll be more useful tanking to start. Now just to pick a power. Maybe I'll try out fire for now.
  5. Brit Loyal Player

Definitely Tanking for the least populous role.

In terms of powersets (and specific to Tanking) I would say it's a toss-up between Fire and Atomic. Fire has been long regarded as the weakest of the Tank powers, and with the new BoP Artifact, Fire might actually become viable. However, Atomic is probably the #4 of 5 choice for Tanking, AND Atomic is not a free powerset, AND Atomic DPS doesn't seem to hold up nearly as well as Fire DPS, so it seems as though there are additional factors that cause for fewer Atomic Tanks.

But yeah, it seems as though the majority of tanks are Rage, followed by Earth and then Ice. It's rare to get the other two.
    • Like x 1
  6. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

rage earth and ice are well suited to both dps and tank duties...assuming a change in clothes and maybe some load shuffling...nothing a armory couldn't do...no question useful fun to play powers should be higher on the list...totally agree with you those are top 3
    • Like x 1
  7. Goldbloodedd New Player

I see, last time I had played, I went earth and was doing well. Thought I'd try out atomic last night, fun but the power interactions are a bit confusing. Unfortunate to see that it's not the greatest at tanking. I'll try fire out too and see if that's some good fun. Thinking about trying out healing too just for fun.
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

For some odd reason nature, it’s the strongest dps in the game, for both aoe and ST, but I still don’t see too many around
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Likely due to aesthetics.
    • Like x 2
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

That’s what I assumed, Wolfman needs a makeover
    • Like x 1
  11. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

I have a nature guy...and I love nature...I like my loadout very much...but it is not optimal because I refuse to HAVE to look like a dog or donkey kong or some 60s bmovie bugman monster...my q guy looks so good Ive had people stop running in the WT just so they can glance...why the f would I want to be/look like donkey kong…?? but yes nature is very nice
    • Like x 1
  12. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

best part of atomic is its TP...a reverse of Qs TP...instead of moving defensively with a shield you TP to foe and attack...surprised how many atomic don't use their TP...only one of two in the game...
  13. Fixty Active Player

I dont use it for 3 reasons
    1. Its very slow
    2. It applies PI to only one target
    3. It has short range and if you're out of it you'll only rotate in place.
  14. Walvine Well-Known Player

Eu server population late night .
    Least seen in game munition(any) ,celestial(any) ,atomic(any) ,sorcery(dps) and fire (tank) .
    Most seen rage(tank) ,water(healer), gadgets(any) and fire(dps) .
    Fire tank is underdog.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, really? Nature is currently the FOTM power.
    • Like x 3
  16. Goldbloodedd New Player

So I tried out Fire a little, feels stronger than last I played. Atomic is also pretty cool, I like the power visuals and thematically makes a cool character, although on further thought I'm second thinking tanking until I've played for a while to know how the raids work. I have not raided before and am a bit nervous to take that mantle.

Think Tanking is still worth sticking to? If not, I'm looking to heal most likely or controller, but that doesn't seem as needed.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd say find a good group who is willing to be patient. I remevr the first time I tanked Batcave outer caverns I was nervous but my raid group was patient and we made it through. It was my first MMO raid ever. It also helps of they are able to carry you through and older raid to let you get a feel for it.

Use tank stance on a duo and alerts and practice there. Raids are dually just an escalation in damage from encounters so you are more reliant on your healer. Learning the fight is more important.
    • Like x 1
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As said above, finding a good group is key. Find a league who can help you out from time to time will be a big help. Especially when the time comes when you are ready to tank current raids where people aren’t over leveled. Not all groups have enough patients these days but a league would be more inclined to stick by you
    • Like x 2
  19. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

Really? I honestly almost never see mental trolls- from what I remember hearing they're at a disadvantage for some reason or another- but then again that could've been someone who doesn't know what they're talking about since I don't remember any specifics of the conversation. I just don't see mental often.
  20. Goldbloodedd New Player

sweet, I'm digging Atomic currently and I'm looking forward to running with groups to work on my tanking skills. Thanks for all the advice!