Which of these powers work best with the strategist card (might related)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by gemii, Feb 16, 2020.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

Taking a break from my precision side. I’m Interested in knowing which of these powers below work best with strategist card for a might dps.

Gadgets
    Mental
    Hardlight
    Quantum
    Munitions

Which one of these powers syncs best with the strategist card artifact as might dps
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Munitions.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I'm not sure Quantum is best because if you use Time Bomb it will never activate Strategist. There aren't a lot of abilities that tick.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Hard light. You’d be amazed how often it procs lol
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Maybe if you spam minigun.
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

The way Quantum does it's damage atm doesn't do too well with the strategist card.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What loadout are you using that you don’t know how to use HL lol
  8. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

I tried using it with HL but I've found better results with Trans, tetra and the grim all at 160. I regularly beat good prec dps and I can hang with the exceptional prec dps in most cases.
  9. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

What loadout do you use? The card is more effective the faster you can hit things and minigun does that. Also, I don't use Hardlight but my league mate does. They do really good damage with it so I'm trying to figure out what is so funny?
  10. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Minigun is cheeks
    • Like x 1
  11. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Even after you daze enemies?
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Light Weight. Chains. Ram. Hand Clap for single target. I haven't seen anyone use minigun or chainsaw in years.
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah, only time I use miniguns is when I screw up when trolling and accidentally combo in them.
    They can be fun for open world stuff when you don't care, but when you need burn in instance that's a NOPE.
    • Like x 1
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Chainsaw is actually good with trans, it can parse higher than whip, dervish, lightweight, but it’s definitely not as consistent
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah I'm sure the numbers on Chainsaw look great on enemies that stand perfectly still.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

(2) problems chainsaw has is the adds have to be tightly grouped and right in front of you & it's speed.
    While it definitely "can" parse higher by itself, pretty sure it won't parse higher than say someone doing (p)whips (c)whips clip
    where you get all the hits from first whips + second clipped whips and something like dervish.
  17. AV Loyal Player

This is a misconception we see a lot but it'll work just as well on any power (it'd be a pretty terribly designed artifact if it didn't). What matters is how many enemies you're hitting, notsomuch how quickly/frequently you're getting crits on them.

Here's examples, with video, of two powers with vastly different hit rates where one effectively gets twice the number of crits in the same time span (due to more hits but same crit rate) but both get approximately the same damage increase (sorry it's not letting me hyperlink atm for some reason): https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/might-water-dps-help.307438/#post-4300615

You can basically interpret the Strat mechanic as follows: 1-2 targets = strat bad, 3+ targets = strat good (assuming you don't want a single target in the mix, eg a boss, to be taking the brunt of your damage in which case Strat bad).
  18. Walvine Well-Known Player

Hardlight dps , because hardlight combos allow open loadout slots for iconic or movement abilities and thd Finisher is A.O.E. so Strategist + solar amp + la mort . = A Friccan flying shark with multiple lasers beams.