Which healer power has the best precision dps?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Badname392023, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Looking for a healing power that is strong at both healing and precsion based dpsing
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It doesn't matter. All powers have a weapon buff and can perform the same precision wise if using the same weapon.
  3. Mystere Well-Known Player

I like sorcery as the pet works well for AOE while I use dual wield single target dmg - but really any work fine.
  4. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Water in theory. Because of how riptide works with Venom Wrist Dispenser.
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

6. L T Devoted Player

Although water has riptide, and can keep the venom artifact active longer, I was never able to get really great numbers out of it. I suspect that's because it lacks any kind of background damage.

Sorcery can have 3 background dots going if you count the pet, plus the grand summoning supercharge.

Nature has swarm and refreshable dots. That's probably a good choice also.

Electric has the Circuit Breaker supercharge that buffs your damage by 55%. All of its dots depend on your might though, so they'll be real weak in a precision build.

Celestial has nothing to offer weapons-focused players as far as I know.
  7. Demondead Well-Known Player

I beg your pardon my secondary is a celestial heals
  8. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Explanation for Nature/Elec/Sorcery:
    I had an electricity dps try 1 to all 3 of his dots compared to just the weapon buff for single target and everytime he added dots he dropped 1k+ dps on his parses. I'd assume the same would happen for Nature and Sorcery where the might ticks of the dots are so low that they don't make up for the animation. Example being my friend several dlc's ago was parsing 14k/s on single target with elec with just his weapon buff. Which means every second that he spends not doing that combo is going to be a 14k damage loss. Even as might spec'd nature with 30k+ might, I would barely break that with the aid of crits because my dots average 1-1.1k damage per tick. As precision spec, it would be impossible to be anywhere near that means the casting of the dots themselves initially to the 12s point would result in a damage decrease overall. Even after you would have 3 dots running, you still have to hit harvest every 3 rotations unless you wish to have wonky timings with the weapon buff that you'd have to keep track of in your head and possibly extra animations from not just hitting it at the 6s and 12s interval. And harvest would itself by subject to that 14k damage standard from the animation time it takes which I'm assuming is going to take off at least a 10k drop per rotation because I don't remember harvest hitting for hardly anything. Sorcery has the same issue as Nature and Elec but it doesn't even a dot refresh in 1 cast like nature so it doesn't have a scapegoat. It has Grand Summoning, but water has CotD with the crit trick obsidian showed in his video.

Explanation for Water:
    The reason you probably didn't get any damage as water is because you added extra powers into your loadout. I've been meaning to get to the devs about what I'm assuming is a crit bug that applies to every power, but in short, your might crits seem to take away from your precision crits when the inventory ui suggests that shouldn't be the case, that they should be independent. The foundational water prec rotation I used was:
    WB= Weapon Buff
    R= Riptide
    WB->R
    *wait 6s*
    WB
    *wait 6s*
    R->WB
    both come off cooldown at the same time and repeat.
    When I added Bubble which is extra might ticks and I was clipping it with my WB, my damage seemed to drop by 1-2k dps back in Starro content so I was dropping from like consistent 14k damage down to like 12-13k and I could hardly ever reach a 14k parse with Bubble added in and I'm sitting here running parses for 15+ minutes repeatedly starting over to make sure it's not random crit chance. I would get several parses of 12-13k and then I'd finally get one parse that was over 14k, higher than what I got normally with just the weapon ticks alone. Theoretically, the Bubble being clipped and not adding animation time, it should be a guaranteed damage increase PERIOD across the board, but the parses didn't reflect that. The only explanation I could think of for this phenomenon was that Bubble was "taking the crits away" from my WM ticks which caused the damage decrease in most scenarios, but when Bubble did not crit, it was when I finally reached abover 14k. So I started testing that theory, and I stopped clipping in other powers into my single target rotation. No iconic single targets,no passive dots clipped in, nothing but a robot sidekick out. And I never reached anything close to that damage when I went back to clipping powers nomatter what I used. The only power I theorized would be strong enough to use was Shark Frenzy auto-crit but it was bugged at the time. My leaguemate Magnuum on the villain side had a little over 19k prec as water and using what I listed originally he was parsing 19-20k/s on single target. Lmk if the removal of extra powers increases your damage as well. I'll probably hop on test server later today after lecture and get a significant portion of footage and logs to go with my theory and then upload it or post it on the forums if I can come to a decisive conclusion that has no other explanation.
  9. L T Devoted Player

My point was that nature should be decent either with refreshing its dots fairly cheaply or by using swarm.

Electric's Circuit Breaker supercharge will buff weapon damage.

When I tested water I used only the weapon buff and riptide. It was a damage increase over not using riptide, but it wasn't better than the might damage I could get.

You can't steal crits. Each and every hit has a 25% chance to crit, for 106% damage. They're all independent of each other. If you have a bunch of dot ticks, 25% of those will crit. If you have a burst, it will crit about 1 time in 4 over time.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s is not true. Yes all powers have a weapon buff but that doesn’t mean all powers are good with precision. Sorcery and nature are the best healer powers to use precision.

All troll powers have the Accelerated weapon buff mod.
    No tank power has the accelerated weapon buff mod
    Only sorcery has the accelerated weapon buff mod. (There might be one more can’t remeber)

Accelerated weapon buff mod lets you maintain the venom buff for a longer portion of the time.

The other factor is background damage. With minimal cast time to get back into weapon attacks.

Nature is the best power for this aspect. Once you get all poisons up you only have to hit harvest either every 6 seconds (to be safe) or every 12 seconds (higher risk of loosing dots if you don’t hit harvest right away). Sorcery and earth are next because once the pet is up you only really need to hit the pet power back power once it comes out of cooldown. (Offering/fortify golem).

The best prec power is sorcery followed nature
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My main is nature/prec. It’s great for precision dps (does more as might thou). Swarm is a loss of damage.
  12. DaBeama Well-Known Player

Why go precision with electricity when you can go might since you have AL and OC that both heal and damage?
  13. L T Devoted Player

why indeed? the op asked about precision though.
  14. L T Devoted Player

that's kind of surprising. so you find you're better off with dots and harvest than with swarm?
  15. DaBeama Well-Known Player

I know OP was. Just saying I wouldn't recommend that for electricity.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Electricity Prec ST > Electricity Might ST

Electricity Prec 3 Targets > Electricity Might 3 Targets

Electricity Prec 8 Targets <<<<<<<< Electricity Might 8 Targets

That's the reason you would go precision. You need time, endurance, patience and/or money to do so. And multiple Armories...
  17. Twinks Level 30

I respectfully beg to differ with points 1 and 2 kind sir. Even with an almost 100sp advantage. Unfortunately, you are on EU servers so I guess it's like the licks of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop: "The world may never know."
    • Like x 2
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

So you say that elec might st is stronger than elec prec st dps. Now I'm curious about that might st loadout.
    Same goes for three targets. I'm not seeing might elec being stronger than precision but I'm always interested in new things.

Feel free to pm me. Up until then I stay a non-believer. And I'm not going to sparring targets to test out every possibility with every ability there is just to prove a point. :p
  19. Mystere Well-Known Player

#truth
    • Like x 2
  20. Mystere Well-Known Player

With this DLC I wanted to switch weapons cause I was bored with Dual Wield flurry shot spam. I am now using brawling and you can clip the tap hold with a sorc power. I find I am doing as good if not better throughout a raid though with bosses you do lose a tiny amount of dps.