Which gear should I use; Stats or CR?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AnonymousToughGuy, May 9, 2015.

1. AnonymousToughGuy New Player

As many have seen/ read, some gear's stats are a bit wonky since GU47.

Example- Prime Helm- Item level 80 but better stats then 99 vendor gear.

The slightly better Vit is nice, but it also has a yellow socket which would allow me to get an extra Vit mod instead of Vit/Dom.

The problem is that it lowers my CR from 114 to 108ish.

Example 2- Blue Raid rings- Item level 94, but slightly more Vit then 99 vendor rings.

So which gear should we be using, the better stats or the higher CR?
  2. Alba Eclipta Committed Player

It won't matter. because in the next update, neither will be relevent for what you played hard for. The devs will reduce the stats or the cr, making your effort and your purchase worthless.
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

CR is more important now. Enemies and players have a CR. If your CR is lower than your enemies CR, you will deal less damage and receive more damage. The bigger the difference, the higher the penalty.

So many posts about IL 97 gear having better stats, that really doesn't matter anymore. Remember this rule going forward.
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

CR is the best option right now.

Heck..... I had a character with DPS 109CR... and Troll 112CR....... turns out I did a lot more damage as a DPS wearing my Troll gear thanks to the CR.

So CR>stats.
  5. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

CR is far more important ATM however i would save any OP items you have because they did say they were looking into the problem with lower gear issues and how they fix it will determine which gear you should be using. Just i thought.