Where should "Exceptional Recovery Kits" drop?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Entrust, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Entrust Committed Player

With GU59, we saw the expansion of the loot UI to all older content. While well liked by the community, it did not take players long to discover the significant (if not complete) reduction in the drop rate for Exceptional Recovery Kits (ERKs).

We have heard from Mepps that the DEV's are looking into "what did/should have happened."

Considering what this item does, I agree with the DEV's that it should no longer drop in the T5 content. Especially now that we have entered tier 8. (My Nature DPS can solo Dox in less than 3 minutes on the scorcard time)

So where does the community think ERKs should drop?

My suggestion:
    Include in Raid & Alert loot tables for episodes outside the current 3-month gear cycle, but not in content older than 6 months. (Would drop in Episodes: 18 - 23; NOT drop in Episodes: 24, 17 & older)
    EDIT: When the new 3 month cycle finishes it would be removed from 18-20, and added to 24-26.

My rationale:
    Don't include in current 3-month gear cycle, so players never have to pick between gear & ERKs. Includes content within the MOV relevency window. Reduces the number of high CR players running content WELL below their current CR. Extends the lifespan of monthly content.

Those are my thoughts. What are yours?
    • Like x 1
  2. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

How does "we are looking into what did/should have happened" translate into your assertion that they made a determination that it should no longer drop in Tier 5? Or was there some other statement that you didn't quote? I personally don't care whether it is in Tier 5, Demon's Plan, Phantom Zone, Fatal Exams, or Area 51 even... just put them somewhere for crying out loud.
  3. Entrust Committed Player

As you said it is an assertion on my part. I interpet their statement as an acknowledment that it was removed from its original loot tables & that are still decideding on where it needs to drop in the future.

Having it drop anywhere can generate problems. Which is why my suggestion included the reasoning behind it.
    • Like x 1
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Exceptionals should have continued to drop in every instance as they did before ... Total recoveries killed them.. And the ones you purchase the plans for marks aren't worth it... If I ever came back to the game I would not be using total revolvers I have.a route they yields me a ton of bits... And before they got rid of marks of triumph I spent all of my marks on those bit converters so I can convert reds blues and yellows.. I have a few toons loaded with those things.. So it would be a while til I had to purchase those again as well..
  5. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Statement sounds more like a bug to me. Although they are clearly in no rush to fix the bug, probably on the theory that the bug is really a "feature" that encourages sales of TRKs.
  6. Entrust Committed Player

What do you mean by every instance & why? (I don't ever recall seeing them drop in solos or duos, or in any on the monthly content)

Btw, catalyst I, II, & III are now sold in 10 packs.

I agree that the R&D recovery kits plans, with a personal average 60% return rate, is painful.
  7. Entrust Committed Player

Bug, accident, or intentional, the fact remains that don't drop where they used to. The dev's know we want them back. So maybe if we provide them with some feedback beyond "we want them back" we can aid in their decusion making process & get them back sooner.

EDIT: Given the scope of the UI update, I have mydoubts that ERK removal was as Machiavellian as that. However, there is a reason business & management majors are encouraged to read The Prince. This just doesn't feel like that's the reason.
  8. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Lol, you're rational is very flawed, the world doesn't begin and end at top cr, therefore yanking them from lower loot tables screws over anyone either slow in progression or new.
    Furthermore, thinking that keeping erk's in end content "prolongs it" is naive, people can only stomach so much of the same **** over and over before they quit altogether, regardless of the 'reward'.

The high cr's in low content is a problem, but Erk's aren't the cause of it, theres styles/feats/base items/boredom are just some of the main reasons people run low content. Might as well take those out too.

Hell erks hardly drop in anything outside of T5 as it was so, yea, very flawed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Entrust Committed Player

I'm glad you brought up lower teirs. I did take that into consideration, but chose not to elaborate in order to keep the initial post on topic, which is: where do you want them & why?

However, seeing as you brought it up. . . I suggested it be near end-game to keep it in line with the ERKs initial placement at the time of release. The DEV's chose not to include it in tiers below 5 for a reason. Additionally an "exceptional" R&D item should not be easy to obtain, as it was in T5. Furthermore, progression through the lower teirs usually involves a lot a gear changing with few mods better than best being made l. Finally, if the ERKs are reintroduced then they will return the the broker at much more reasonable prices (even for low cr / new pkayers).

I never claimed the ERKs were the reason ppl run lower conten, but it is one reason. Adjusting where ERKs drop is a small step in finding a solution with the smallest impact & easiest emplentation.
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

At this point idc where they drop. As long as they drop. They were dropping in t5 and t6 while we were in t7. So kinda makes sense to add em back to t5 and t6 like before and also add them to t7 since we are in t8 now.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

I say put them in the vendor, and make them cost marks
  12. Entrust Committed Player

Thank you for your responce.

So you wouldn't care of ERKs only dropped in the 3 most recent episodes? Or only in content in which you have Mark relevency?
  13. Entrust Committed Player

Interesting alternative. How many MOV?
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

I would leave that up to the devs. However if it were up to them they would probably put it at 25 MOV or higher due to what the kits can do.
    • Like x 1
  15. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

Quick answer, All content T4 and above should have them in the loot table. And yes, in solo's and duo's as well.

To elaborate, T4 is around when mod costs hit nearly a full stack, its also when the 'demo' ends and when only paying players progress. Makes sense to start there when adding things that will ease a players character development.

Drop rates can be adjusted to fit this model, and whether or not people like high cr's in lower content its much more important to give the population a reason to run more than just the few end game instances, it promotes a much healthier/happier community overall, its up to the devs (at some point) to address the issue of end game cr's stomping through low content as well as progression integrity and the experience of the new player, be it teleporters/clamping (or both) its on them to fix that issue at its core, not by taking away the reasons to run the content itself.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

They'll never fix it. Just like that floating tree on arkham island.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jcal Dedicated Player

Love that tree.

I try to squeeze through the gap when ever I'm farming bits in the area.