Where is the Rpg, Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Ghostof91 New Player

I was experimenting on a character, specced in all my defense/toughness and I was amazed how little to no difference it made my character, so I thought to myself as to what is the point to the innated stats if they are barely effective.

When will we be given the opportunity to mold our characters strength based on grinding not in the way of skill points which is misleading anyway.

Devs, if you guys are working on something to restore Rpg, I would like for you guys to take these ideas in consideration.

For starters we can have consumable exobytes that drops in open world randomly, from npcs, iconic npcs etc. Or make rare like collections, these will permanently boost your stat by 1 or 1%, the stats that will be affected are: Precision, Might, Restoration, Dominance, Vitalization, Health, Defense/Toughness etc. Based off the colored Exobytes you find.

This will solve the grind issue we now have, because I don't know about others, but I play to improve my character not it's gear.

Thank you.
    • Like x 6
  2. Ghostof91 New Player

Devs...:D
    • Like x 1
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

• Like x 4
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

SP past 77 dont make a big difference. The RPG is in the gear, not the SP.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tannen Committed Player

Gear + role
    • Like x 1
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

Which sucks about it, who wants to live with the fact that without our gears were nothing, don't Mepps sometimes be on weekends?
    • Like x 2
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

RPG in DCUO is where you find it.

I guess the same could be said for "fun" I suppose. ;))

What do I mean by that??

Essentially the RPG in DCUO is ;

We play a new Hero or Villain that just got powers thanks tot he Exobytes that Future Luthor brought from the future.

The end.

But it does not have to be. You can make up your own RPG if you want to.

You can be Magneto from Earth 100005 (X-men movies) who ended up in DCUO thanks to time and space being messed up in Days of Future Past.
    Maybe I should rename my MAGNETOxxFirstClass to MAGNETOof FuturePast??? ;)

You can be Captain America from Earth 616 who ended up in DCUO thanks to Secret Wars and was recruited by Checkmate.

You can be the Ghost who Walks who ended up in the DCUO because of a dimensional portal while fighting Ming the merciless with the Defender of the Earth.

You can be Batman of Earth 40 who ended up in DCUO thanks to some mystical portal used by the EVIL forces of the ***** that the JSA Liberty Files were fighting.

Or Batman Beyond of Earth 12 who ended up in the past thanks to Chronos the Master of Time.

And countless of other possibilities. ;)

You can find some of those tales here in MULTIVERSE.... where anything is possible. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOMf9agRcy_PXMIMwJjweFg
    • Like x 1
  8. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

And here I thought he was asking for a rocket propelled grenade launcher. You can take a soldier out of the Army, but you can't take the Army out of a soldier I guess. :)
    • Like x 4
  9. Ghostof91 New Player

I applaud your enthusiasm of the subject, but that's a make belief or pretend type of stuff, this a video game, I want the feeling of it, why can't we spec our points in to full def/toughness and become a Nature tank or a Celestial tank, the idea I was aiming for a grinding way in the fashion like for what the story tells in this game to improve your character.
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Make believe and pretend is what RPG is.

But if you want games with more RPG elements...... maybe you should try

Lord of the Rings Online
    Baldur's gate 1 &2
    Fallout 1, 2 & 3
    IceWind Dale 1 & 2
    Planescape; Torment
    Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2

And others I fail to mention.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

Yup,yup.;)
  12. Ghostof91 New Player

Those doesn't interest me like Dcuo do, the fact that its comic book related already tops those games, what I want is rpg elements that fits the story because currently it doesn't, look back at the first trailers explaining the exobytes and our well being, that is becoming the past, and that's what I mean this game is slowly leaving the true importance of our abilities behind, with AM and Wm and gear progression almost 95% of the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. BƖack Dedicated Player

I almost believed. But The description was changed at the official DCUO website,
    with the changes introduced in the game.
    It's an MMO now, and it was before also, but before it was MMO (RPG) based game.

DC Universe Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) based upon the fictional universe of DC Comics.
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    • Like x 2
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Magneto beat me to it but I will echo his comment. RPG is ROLE PLAYING game it has nothing to do with what armor your wearing... could have something to do with the OUTFIT you create for your character using style drops but how many SP you have or what Mods you have slotted has nothing to do with that. There is not a lot of that in this game most seem to just log on and do the missions which is perfectly fine.

It is NOT a term used to deal with what you are describing. What your describing would involve a total revamp of the entire game.

No you can be a Nature Tank.. The game is set up so that Natural has a DPS role or a Healing role. You can't cross train into another role like Trolling or tank without them completing redesigning the entire game.. NOT going to happen.

Again your GEAR is what grants you the stats you require to increase your combat rating and gain access to higher tier content. It has been that way since the game launched and I'm not sure what you want instead but to change that would require them to shut the game down completing and redesign. .. which again I can pretty much guarantee wont happen.

and lastly this comment..

I am not sure what you mean by "improve" your character not it's gear? The entire game revolves around getting better gear to increase CR and up your stats to IMPROVE your character and gain access to higher level content. Without getting new gear exactly what can anyone in game do to improve their character? EVERYTHING in game revolves around armor.. Skill points increase the basic stats your armor provides. Mods you craft from Exobits enhance the stats of the individual piece of armor it is slotted into and., as long as it is the right color mod for that slot, grants an addition bonus assigned to THAT piece of armor. Even the way your character looks is influenced by armor.. not necessarily what you are wearing but the styles you possess from running missions and having armor drop that adds THAT style to your collection.

Are you talking about a system where your character gains experience through running missions and that XP is what determines the skill level you obtain? (the system the game does employ to get characters from level 1 on Brainiac's ships through level 30 the highest level in game and the point where we switch to combat rating to determine what tier or tiers we have access to? Once again THAT would involve completely redesigning the game and at this point it simply wont occur.

I have played games that allowed or used the systems you are referring to. City of Heroes, another Super Hero game that no longer exists, based advancement on XP and your character ran missions to increase XP to get to level 50 (the highest in game). But it was set up to employ THAT system from the start.. there were no armor drops because your defense was based on what role you were and what level you had obtained.

A Dungeon and Dragon style game I played on line years ago allowed a player to start as one role.. say a Paladin and then at a certain point they were offered the chance to TRAIN into a new role and combine the two ,, So you could become a Paladin Ranger or an Archer/thief etc. But again that game was designed to allow that at conception

What you appear to be looking for is a complete change in the design of the game and that is something that could take a year or more to accomplish with an entire DEV team doing nothing else but working to make those HUGE changes. IF they tried to do that it would mean no new content and no new powers or anything else would be introduced into the game we now play for the length of time it took to accomplish that.. LONG before the redesign was complete DCUO would be a ghost town and Daybreak would close it down because it was losing money. It simply is not possible to totally redesign the basic concepts that the game revolves around at this late date.
    • Like x 3
  15. Tannen Committed Player

What techwarrior said. It sounds like you want a completely different game sharing this games setting and characters. They arent going to redesign their game to please a minority opinion
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just remember, without Bats' 'batgear', he would be nothing as well
    • Like x 3
  17. Ghostof91 New Player

I'm not asking for that, I was basically giving the devs a way around skill points since the stats are so miniscule that you can't even role play with them to the point that you be proud of those specs in def or restoration.

Which is why I came up with the idea, instead of adding on to skill points, they can just give consumable exobytes that perma grants 1 stat boost depending on color, nothing game breaking.
  18. Ghostof91 New Player

Not true, Batman is a excellent fighter with or without, he has master majority of the Martial Arts technique, the bats are just his cosmetic logos and that's how it should be with us.
  19. Vyltran Loyal Player

I would like to ask you a few things:

1. What about removing tutorial - "braniac ship" and turn into a starter mission like all mentor ones.

I prefer doing this and create some sort of welcoming hall (it doesnt matter faction at this moment) with all mentors guiding you in a process how you can learn about each stats and how functional are going to be during your experience ingame. "x" hero talking about tank basics 101, another "x" hero explains trolling basics 101, the same goes for restoration, etc.

Actually i see no progress with newcomers, they still be lost after they arrive to earth (Which is normal) but after hitting lvl 30 they feel lacking what are they really doing on that level.

I think with that idea we can start fixing roles thingy + your well explained idea stated before mine.
    • Like x 3
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sorry.... I tried. :oops:

Sadly those are pretty much your only options.
    A) make you onw role play
    B) play another game that has more role play then DCUO

But I get what you are saying.
    There is no other game like DCUO out there.

So if you want a Super-hero game..... DCUO is pretty much it.
    • Like x 2