Where is my old styles?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Night Shadow Bolt, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Night Shadow Bolt New Player

I have played this game since the launch, I have collected hundreds of styles, I had stopped playing for a while, today when I returned to play I discovered that several styles of mine are blocked, and I will have to pay to use a style that I had already unlocked years ago, that absurd and this, the company ta so mercenary as it is taking what we conquer and wanting to make us pay for something already acquired, this does not exist, I'll uninstall, I spent a lot of money in this game to see today what has become, from here little to build hero must pay, to change rooms should pay, daybreak lost his head
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

lol maybe get your facts straight first before you embarrass yourself. Styles weren't locked, they can be unlocked for replays on your characters after you collect them on another character.

also black is pretty much the worst possible font color you could have chosen
    • Like x 9
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I think you have completely forgotten how the style system works.

It has always worked as, only the character that collects a style gets access to it.

But recently DGC has added a style unlocking system similar to feat unlocks, where you can now unlock (with replay badges) styles that were collected by other characters on an account.

What I can guess happened is that you logged into a character that hadn't collected a style, saw the style listed with a price and made an assumption that, that character had collected it and the style had been taken away from you, to make you now pay for it. If you check your other characters you will find which one originally collected the styles and that they still have access to them.
    • Like x 4
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They're styles you aquired on other toons, the devs didn't lock styles you already had. If you didn't get that specific style on that toon before, it's locked.
    • Like x 4
  5. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Please pick an easier color to read lol

As others stated above, no styles gone locked.style unlocking had launch and the replay styles you see are styles you have on a different alt, that you can unlock on other alts
    • Like x 4
  6. Balton hero Committed Player

Funny thread.
    • Like x 6
  7. Night Shadow Bolt New Player

Oh I understand, sorry my mistake
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

hm written with invisible ink it seems :)
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Apology accepted.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ultra Zam New Player

I know it's been awhile on this thread, but I have the same situation...but w/ a character that I used to collect the style. I can see the style name in the list, it just won't change the appearance on my character. It's just Hands, too. The other appearance pieces change when i select different styles. The screen even pulses like it normally does when I change the style (playing on PC). Place a support ticket w/ the DCUO folks? Thank you for your guidance.
  11. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

For style unlocking, if there is a replay amount to the right, that character doesn’t own that style. If you click on it, you can preview that style, but if u don’t unlock it, it’ll revert to the previous style that was on
    • Like x 1
  12. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

What weapon are you? I think some hand blast styles overwrite the hand style.
  13. Ultra Zam New Player

Never mind...I had to go into the newer Primary Weapon setting, choose None, then my original Hands style showed again. That Primary Weapon setting wasn't there the last time I played. I told you it had been awhile!
  14. Ultra Zam New Player

Whoops, sorry, my apologies, didn't see that you had replied. You are correct, sir! That's exactly what it was! I was using Hand Blaster weapon & Sinestro style for Hands. Good times :)
    • Like x 2
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Umm, Primary Weapon has always been there, and both Hand Blaster and Brawl weapons override hand styles (unless the weapon is set to 'None')
  16. Great Architect Loyal Player

That's some spectacular **** in your sig. A lot like The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Incorrect. Primary Weapon became a category AFTER the introduction of Weapon Mastery. Before that it was just a regular weapon style slot. ;) The rest of your post is correct. :)
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Name may have changed (to protect the easily butt-hurt :p) butt the function hasn't :)