When You Sound Like a 12 year old boy

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by deevilspork, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've run several instances where the entire group has been put on ignore before the end of the instance.
    • Like x 1
  2. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I've only run into a couple mic'd female players. They'll be talking with everyone else in the group, then I say something, and they don't say anything for the rest of the run...Guess I got a creepy voice. I hear my own echo and I always sound drunk (slur my "s"s).
    • Like x 3
  3. Itazuki New Player

Get a guy friend or bf to come over and talk into the mic as if it was you. They'll leave you alone. My toon is female but I'm a guy, when I used to play this more often my girlfriend at the time would find it funny to talk into the mic and let everyone freak out and try to flirt. Then have me reply flirting back, was pretty fun to do.

The most I see on here(PC side) when a girl will talk during the Raid... Is that the guys will start calling her names and saying she is really a guy using a voice changer. OR the exact opposite and just fall in-love the instant they hear her and follow her around trying to protect her.

It's awkward... Kind of feel sorry for the girls and then want to tell everyone to chill out and leave her alone for a minute so we can play. Then I get them all complaining saying I'm trying to defend the girl to get with her (makes sense). People think this game is e-harmony.
    • Like x 2
  4. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I do have to admit, I have a moment of shock every time I hear a female voice
  5. Meta Flare New Player

Just to be THAT GUY for a second...final fantasy doesn't have voice chat so we don't have that problem lol. Jk...jk...but it is kinda nice not having voice chat. I'm shocked really. People generally are knowledgeable and will take the time to actually type something helpful instead of rage...it's a nice change of pace from this game. Also I love not hearing guys getting yelled at by their girl or them yelling at their girl or loud kids or crappy music or streams of cuss word. I mean I cuss but holy crap some of these people know no other words lol. Me and my friends just conference call or if we run with people we don't know we ask them if they have or want to use Skype or ventrilo. If not we just run the instance.

Ps. I'm not bashing dc or saying ff is better so please don't attack me. I was just making a point.
    • Like x 2
  6. General Zod 10000 Post Club

I've been told I sound like a 12 year old boy :oops:
    • Like x 1
  7. nowburn4it Loyal Player

There are positives and negatives to no voice chat. Have you noticed all the Japanese being typed on FF? That would be chaos on voice chat! I know, we have a lot of Spanish speaking people on DC...But imagine a team of English, Spanish and Japanese speakers all together...

I like talking to my League mates. However, the mic's are one of the main reasons I avoid pugging. If you don't have skype ( or just don't understand it, like me) it's difficult to strategize with no mic's.
  8. Itazuki New Player

The difference there just comes down to combat. Trust me... If FF had the type of combat that DCUO had... You'd be begging for voice chat.

DCUO forces you to use your hands more on what you're doing in-game and keeps you moving more so that you don't have time to type as much. I remember playing Perfect World International (Point-n-click game) and being able to type a paragraph while pulling a mob train of 20+ adds, at the same time drinking some strawberry milk (MMMM). Not bashing FF either or glorifying DCUO, just a whole different level of immersion into the actual gameplay between the two.
  9. Meta Flare New Player

You can set the language that you see and that you get teamed up with. So if you set it to English it will group you with other players that set theirs to English. That's why so many people were playing on the *** servers during the congestion issues.
    • Like x 1
  10. Meta Flare New Player

When I am talking about typing I mean before a fight not during...unless you are on pc cuz it is super quick on pc...also I'm going to sound like a Richard when I say this but have you even played ff? The reason I ask is if you have you would see how much you actually have to move around. Especially if you are a monk or a dragoon. But this is neither here nor there so lets not derail the thread or start a potential argument.
  11. thirty six Loyal Player

Lol, I never say someone in game is a female unless Ive heard them on mic. Up until then I call them 'he or she', or 'it'. So, yes, these were really girls.
    • Like x 1
  12. deevilspork New Player

Even if someone uses a mic they can still come across as a girl or a boy, lol.

13. ZeroAccess New Player

I made the mistake of thinking a young man was a girl :( ..felt so bad for him. I'm 30 and can't get over the rudeness in general of most DCUO'ers. If I were a female I'd be apprehensive of speaking just because of the backlash or leg humping. I just try and talk to people as if we were meeting in real life I think most people forget that there is another person at the other end.

I'm on US-PC and we have a great league full of mic'ers and we encourage others to communicate. If anyone is interested just message me in game "Mr Inzane" name of the league is Arrows. I'm not trying to market my league or anything but just hate that some people don't have a place where they can enjoy the game.
    • Like x 1
  14. deevilspork New Player

There's nothing wrong with an honest mistake!~
    It's just when people become pushy or persistent that an issue tends to arise.
    I can only use mic's for OD matches, but even then I'm amazed at how rude some of these kids can be
    I mean, hell.
    I try to ignore them though.

I'm stuck with Ps3 with no good league or groups. :/
    Though that's probably my own fault for not being able to communicate well, lol.

It's good to hear that there are people out there that are encouraging and making an environment great for other players.
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Tell your uncle he will not be alone. I am 57, retired from the Military and play daily. Not everyone on every MMO is 14 and male LOL
    • Like x 2
  16. deevilspork New Player

I'll definitely let him know.<3
    I will also tell him he should start a league called 'The Ancients" :p
    To be honest if every player was a 14-year old boy...we'd all be screwed.
    • Like x 2