When Survival Mode coming back ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KobeEl, Aug 29, 2018.

1. KobeEl Well-Known Player

I know, I know, it's not the first time someone comes on the forums to post a thread about it.

But still I got to ask (again).

When does SM coming back ???

Because right now, it's nice, we got 2 elite raids in every DLC, but ... what for ?
    We play elite to get renown to then buy elite gear, but ... what's after ? A new DLC 3-4 months later with a new elite gear to get ?

Right now we don't need elite gear to complete elite raids or even feats in elite raids ... so what's the point of elite now ? a 50pts feat ? A reduced price on the DLC vendor for alts ?
    -> gear is really meaningless nowdays

Can't we get back the Survival Modes, the ultimate fights where it was required to have the best gear/stats possible to reach the highest round we could ?
    Where playing was so based on skills that only a few players could reach the top !

Right now, oneshot events are becoming regular ones, DLC are events too. So we have 2-3 months break between each real new content.

Couldn't we get back those amazing SMs to have something to play while we wait for the next DLC ?
    Couldn't we get back those hard content where some of us spent our nights on and where the grinding gear had meaning ?

I really hope you'll reconsider Survival Mode at some point. And I'm sure I'm not the only one !
    • Like x 1
  2. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Pretty sure they said it was off the table indefinitely. Hard to justify making content that only 10% of the population uses.
    • Like x 3
  3. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

SM was made since the start for that 10% and worked like that pretty well for years, until they no longer had resources due to daybreak firing many people and the population declining.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'd really like to get SM back as we don't have anything else to do besides the gear farm (PvP is dead, LPvE is trash now more than ever, LPvP is bugged, there are no endgame based events, etc), but as someone said somewhere (I can't remember where), we are barely getting decent content in the normal episode schedule, so, I wouldn't expect anything.

DCUO is one of the few MMOs out there that has nothing to do besides the "DLCs", in terms of relevant content. (You can farm SPs and nth metal to death if you want, but that's not really additional content to play, as you are just doing old instances (usually out of relevancy)). They should really reconsider something, ANYTHING at this point...
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Right and sm was so great in terms of keeping people captivated, news flash it wasnt, people got the style and a pet or two and just stopped running it.

The only people bothering to even try and complete round 20 were 2 or maybe 3 groups.

So no, acting like SM is some godsend to end boredom is just ridiculous.

Also I'd just like to point out you have no data in terms of population size and your assertion daybreak fired people is inane.

Such baseless assertions don't serve you well.
    • Like x 10
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

There is a smidgen of data in this webcast, circa 2014:

Seems that 30,000ish characters participated during the first SM (out of 20+ million at the time) and only 16 were actually able to finish Round Ten.

Using that as a basis for estimation, I think 10% is a generously high estimate when calculating how many people were participating in SM, especially towards the end of its lifecycle. Probably closer to 1%.
    • Like x 6
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Using figures of 30000 and 20,000,000 that's a participation rate of 0.15% lol and if only 16 people finished total that finished was 0.00007999% of the population or 0.05333% of those that participated.

Yep SM is certainly viable content :)
    • Like x 3
  7. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

Yeah... Because 20,000,000 characters were active at that time, it's not like almost all of them were inactive (hell, there are 18,050,960 characters below cr 5 today, across all CRs that numbers is just absurd and I excluded deleted characters from the search);

I'm not able to look at the video right now, but if the 30,000 number is correct, there were more characters doing SM at that time than there are characters who can play endgame instances today (Across all servers), according to the census: http://dcuolive.com/Census/Characters. Unless "more than 100%" of the active endgame players at that time played SM, at least the endgame population decreased (Which means there is a big chance the overall population decreased).

I talked about daybreak firing people because that means reduced manpower and as you know, reduced manpower mean less content (Such as SM and PvP).

And, I never said SM was something godsend to end boredom (Or anything close to that), but it was was important for endgame as one of the few different things to do in-game. You may not like SM, but for me (And for sure others) it's one content that has a big importancy in making the game better and diverse.

Plus, SM was always designed for just a small % of players. Once asked by a player on twitter to change that (A few years ago), Mepps clearly said that SM was intended for the top endgame players and it wasn't planned to change (Which means they knew what they were doing/It was expected to be like that. Opnions just "changed" because of low budget (The same probably applies to PvP)).

It's my opnion that SM should return, if you don't agree with me it's fine, just don't take things like it's personal (If you aren't, pardon, that was my perception!)...
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Don't worry im not taking it personally ;)

I just don't think it was utilized in the magnitude the SM advocates would suggest.

I can't fault your logic for liking SM itself, I just don't think it's a priority.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not coming back. Let it go.
    • Like x 2
  10. dresserball Dedicated Player

If we all listened to this there would be no change
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Everyone wants SM back but they don't even want to run the harder elite raids. Or if both are hard, they just spam the first two bosses. You honestly expect the devs to take people seriously when they witness behavior like that?
    • Like x 8
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

^This
    • Like x 2
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It would take A LOT of work for the current developer team to bring back something like SM. For starters there are barely any members of the development team that are around today at where around for the 4 SM's so they would need to start from the beginning. Not to mention that the current meta after stats revamp is very anti-sm and is not conducive to the type of SM we would need to truly challenge players.

For something that not alot of the playerbase plays besides for base items and the odd styles and something that generates little to no extra revenue as hardly any use replay badges on SM and the only other revenue associated with SM is power respec tokens. The concept of SM we need for sure but not the SM that we had. That would be a disservice
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I miss SM too but they took it away regardless. Look at how the population has taken a hit since the revamp. Everyone I use to run SM with is gone. Until Mepps or a dev announces otherwise, SM is not in the cards. It's time to move on with our lives.

And while I have your attention, how's the farming for Overcharged Matter going? Get fixed yet?
  15. dresserball Dedicated Player

I don't like SM all that much. I did like buying the base items that's why I am ok with it coming back.

As for the overcharged matter, slow and steady until I get a ban for bumping the thread with no real substance.
    • Like x 1
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I am just going to leave this right here with a ...

Not gonna happen.

I also just said ...

quote="lordexecution365, post: 4169261, member: 2538"]Now we should know by now that is not about to happen.

It is one of those things, when a question is asked and answered that as soon as the answer is finished somebody ask the very same question again.[/quote]

In this thread...
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...g-to-bring-sm-back.298267/page-2#post-4169261
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

Isn't this like the third it fourth thread in a week asking for the return of SM?
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

It's just the same people though so no real issue ;)
    • Like x 4
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

same people replying too
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Lol