When does hassle trump efficiency?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nope...get them all the time, even sometimes when going through portals/warping as I was suggesting here. I also said not counting disconnects and you are presenting it as though there are people who have issues warping or otherwise loading into an area constantly(meaning they are staring at whatever transition screen is up....for 30+ seconds), in which case I say check your system or internet because there is something off. In the case of random discos, if it happened every 30th time I'd have lived with it. As it turns out I ran the 12-13 I did while zipping back and forth to other areas (probably 50+ area changes in all), getting some stuff done and never got dropped once. Good luck for me I guess.

I can say that I have very infrequently found myself loading into something more than 10 or 15 seconds later than the rest of the gang...at least that I know of. And I can count those instances on 1 hand unless there was something else going on. Again...not counting disconnects/crashes which is not a 'delay' but is something else entirely as you need to load back into the game...not just wait 20-30 seconds longer than everyone else. I can also tell you that I run multiple duos of toons through the stabilizer a day (1 on PC, one on PS4) and the PC always gets in about 3-4 seconds faster...that's it. I'd guess my PC is about equivalent to a PS Pro for load speed with lots of memory and an SSD drive.

Look, I don't know if anyone didn't want to do it because they were hung up on long load screens or constant crashes...I'd guess it was more they thought it was a hassle....no problem. I kind of figured that and have got plenty of confirmation here. Just saying I'd take efficiency over hassle any day, even if you threw a few technical issues in the way. You are making it like you know everyone was just worried about their non-standard area load times...which I'd guess was not the issue or a small minority if anything.
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

I don't know who was with you so I wouldn't know why they didn't want to go. I am just telling you some facts that people can and do have long load times. Never really said anything about crashes, just load times.

This is a very valid reason for not jumping in and out of pvp phases.