When did scrimmage become a way to QQ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jamie, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Jamie New Player

Yesterday I was running Legends matches with PUG's. I enter a 2vs2 Batan lair and we start fighting. The other team completely destroyed us. Their teamwork was much better and it appeared that they were more skilled. We ended up losssing - no big deal. The scoreboard popped up and even though my partner and I teid for #'s of deaths and kills I was in last place for damage out.b I felt a little disappointed that I didn't do better.

I leave the instance and que into more Legends matches. Almost immediately I get a scrimmage match request. I never get them so I figured I would give it a shot. My challenger was my teammate from the last match. He never typed anything and didn't have a mic but it seemed like he wanted to beat me down since I had an off match.

Well he barely got the first kill and I barely got the second kill. He got the 3rd and I took the 4th and 5th. I ended up staying in the lead for a while and then he completely stopped moving. I figured that he either rage quick or DC'ed so I quickly kill him again in order to try to end the match quicker. He respawned and and started fighting again. Excluding the kill I had when he wasn't moving I still had 2 or 3 kills more than he did. My question is, is this sort of behavior common? I understand getting frustrated because your team did not win. I understand even thinking that your teammate was the reason that you lost. I find it hilarious when you think you are going to teach them a lesson and end up being schooled.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

OP; I have seen similar things before scrimmage even was added to the game.

After the match I would get angry tell from players with whom I played a match.

Some player do not handle losing well.... even when it is their own damn fault.

Too often I see players use the kill death ratio to blame other players..... but often have to remind them that when they were hiding at the other end of the map..... I was on my own fighting 2, 3, or 4 opponents by myself. So of course when that happens... you get killed more often then your teammate who is doing god knows what hiding at the other end of the map.

The sad truth... whether in PvP of even PvE..... there are a lots of losers. And sadly.... a LOT of them play DCUO.

It pretty much ruins the multiplayer experience of DCUO. So I try to stick to playing solo as much as I can.

My kingdom to have DCUO being converted to a solo game in the future.

Although I wish I could have been invited to a scrimmage map instead of angry tell so I could have beaten the crap out of them.

That is why I play in the PvP world. When a players acts like a ********* in PvE.... not much you can do. When a player in the other faction acts like a *********... then you can beat the snot out of him.
    • Like x 1
  3. BadJade New Player

Haha no, but like magneto have been abused relentlessly for some silly reasons. I have even been abused in the middle of a pvp match frmo my partner as we were wearing the same style for the hands.. i was like dude seriously ? right now ? we are pugging and fighting atm. Even said in /v that he wasnt fighting becuase his partner was a d ck for having the same hand styles as him. Needless to say the funniest part was when the other team left me alone to seek him out instead.

It happens, i welcome the scrim if they think I am the problem and gladly show them their problems.
    • Like x 2
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

That's why I stay out of pvp .
  5. Archsprite Well-Known Player

That....is amazingly funny!

reminds me of this old Far Side cartoon.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

PvE is no better. :(

The problem is not PvP or PvE... it is the players themselves.
  7. Captain Spire New Player

Did the hole in the O-Zone layer just appear because of the evil humans or did we -finally- notice it because we took the time to look?

Did anyone notice in the Back to the future part 2 there was a Disney store that seemed to promote the next star wars movie?

Is there a secret plot of dryers to consume all left socks in the world?

How many licks DOES it take to get the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

...and did Galoka think the Ulus were too ugly to save?

Questions...so so many questions...
    • Like x 1
  8. Lucaefor New Player

Laf that's hilarious :D
  9. MCAZR New Player

Too funny.

I was in a Legends 2v2 where the other team focus fired on me so I went down 3 times. It was never close. After the match, my former partner sent me a tell stating that I sucked, no surprise there even though I was ahead of him in damage out. I sent him a tell and although I was being polite his tells got angrier and more insulting the more I replied. I couldn't help but keep replying because it was so funny. Who ever knew that pvp could be more entertaining after a match? I should lose more often.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jamie New Player

Darn, that is said that this doesn't appear to be an isolated case. I was kinda shocked that it happened but then was happy that I could lay the smack down on him.

As far as the comments against PvP, I've been in plenty of PvE instances where someone was crying because things didn't go their way. Sadly this mentality is community wide but I was surprised that someone sent me a scrimmage challenge to try showing me how good they were.