When and what power will be next?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by powerwoman274, Jan 8, 2019.

1. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Is there any powers you guys would like to see?
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You're asking two different questions.

The answer to the first one is: "there are no current plans for more powers" has been the official stance since Water was released.
    • Like x 1
  3. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Oh it would be cool if they did like a shadow or another lanturn power
  4. (EU PC) WyckedGamesTTV Level 30

My stream viewers and I have discussed this at length, and the two that come up a lot are "Air" to complete the elemental set, and "Cosmic"... a third that I would like to see is "Sonic" or "Sound".

Air - Either Tank (following Ice/Fire/Earth) or Control (following Fire/Earth/Ice Tank, Water Heals)
    Cosmic - Control or Tank
    Sound - Heals or Control (buffs)
    • Like x 1
  5. majosea Dedicated Player

Kryptonian inspired
    New Gods inspired
    Old Gods inspired
    *cheers* if get any new power set in game
    [IMG]
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

New powers and a overview of current powers ,fix any bugs with current powersets .My 2019-2020 Wish lol.
  7. Lamiawitchprincess Level 30

Hmm id say real witchcraft or something along the lines of poisons/fear like scarecrow
    Or movement full power builds so you can make a speedster without using power trees just movement tree.

And weapons be expanded so they have their own powers outside combos so basicly i want a medevil form of mutations with no guns
  8. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

When it comes to what Powers could be next we have to figure out what Powers haven't been created yet that fit the DC lore.

Lantern Corps - We have a number that are not represented in the given powers that are in the game already.
    Orange Lanterns of Avarice - MINE MINE MINE makes me think of Tank pulls.
    Violet Star Saphires of Love - They go either Control or Healer in my mind. If they are Healers they could be made Villains or both sides.
    Blue Lanterns of Hope - Feel like Healers to me but would be exclusively Hero side.

Magnetism - This does not really exist within the game as it is but people use Mental to approximate it with its Telekinetic powers.

Kryptonian - People have been asking about this one ever since Launch when the Phantom Zone Shard gave us all Kryptonian power form. It has been teased as something coming for YEARS now.

Weaponers - Go into the GLC issues from the start of Brightest Day until the end of the War of the Green Lanterns. You will see the Weaponer of Qward and the varied weapons he made. Granted this could be considered a version of Munitions and made into a Power Appearance option from another idea of mine.

Powers I cannot see working on this game Intangibility, Shape-shifting (full on Durlan shifting), Multiform (making duplicates of yourself), Elongation (Plastic/Elongated Man) and Size Manipulation (The Atom)

An existing power I and others feel needs to be reworked is Nature. This power needs to be split in two one being Beast Forms and the other being Plant Manipulation as these really are two different power themes entirely. Beast side could be altered to have Tank and keep Nature to Healing. It would just need to be one in and make more skills for each of these to be a full on power as it is they are each half a power.

Some have asked for Cosmic powers but I cannot really think of any outside of the New Gods that had them unless you are thinking of Starboy/man but we already have Quantum power in for that. You want an Old/New Gods option but what would that really entail as each Old and New God had different types of powers?
    • Like x 2
  9. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Cosmic is Quantum so....
    Sound is already in there as two different abilities in iconic sooo....
    But air would be cool.
  10. Blight KOBRA Commander

Darkness/Shadows is top of my own list.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Sounds ok, hmm, air could complete the elements unless I am missing something.

Meanwhile back in the X Spot...

Shadow power, followed by Serum, then,... I'd like to see Cosmic.

Would and should be Controller, Healer, and then tank,... can switch the last two around but the next power should be for the controllers class and possibly have some type of pet mechanic like sorcery and Earth.
  12. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

It's been long that I've been waiting for :
    • Sunlight (Brightness) Powers that is real big part of comics and we do not have any at the moment. (As Healer or Controller)
    • Chemical (Serum) Powers (As Tank or Healer)
    • Air Powers (As Controller or Tank)
    • Shadow (Darkness) Powers that have so many thread (As Controller)
    • Star Sapphire (Pink Lanterns) Powers (As Controller)
    • Blue Lanterns (Hope) Powers (As Controller)
    • Cosmic Powers which could be so similar to the Sunlight, Or a better name for Sunlight Powers.(As Tank, Healer or Controller)
    In fact no news have been released about the plans for the next powerset. Cause of the income balance but I think it's the time to think about it soon and start giving ideas about it cause Powersets act a big deal in the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. SalviMex Active Player

You guys always asking for god damn lantern powers i just wanna say first of all a orange lantern would be impossible due to larfleeze being the only one with the ring due to greed as you can tell during the winter event all the ads are constructs so yeah imagine for every other lantern power

Also my idea for a power would be
    Hallucinations scarecrow inspired.To me it seems like it would be a troll power like mental but with hallucinations it would pretty much be a bunch of gas constructs and with a PI that makes the constructs stronger and bigger and to keep it balanced maybe as they get bigger and stronger they can have low health idk but thats just my idea on a power.Unlike you guys always asking for new lantern powers i'm thinking outside of the box to see would actually work and what wouldn't
  14. Brit Loyal Player

While I realize nothing new is coming down the pipe, I have long recommended a "Battlesuit" style Tank powerset. The existing Gadgets powerset works fine for someone like Batman or Nightwing, but does not seem to reflect well for someone like Lex Luthor.
  15. (EU PC) WyckedGamesTTV Level 30

Not really, Quantum is a fancy word for Time

Cosmic would be energy/space
  16. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

quantum:

a discrete quantity of energy proportional in magnitude to the frequency of the radiation it represents.
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

A fun one would be Dial H for Hero. This way each power would in fact be from a power set we don't have yet.
    • Like x 1
  18. (EU PC) WyckedGamesTTV Level 30

There are other definitions, but yes, they all say similar things, or relate to the space between physical entities, I guess I've been brain washed by certain other comic franchises and their misuse of the term... *sits corrected*
  19. Maxwell New Player

Blue lantern would be controller since Saint Walker in legends gives back power and they love to just reuse stuff.

Why ain't we getting a new power, other mmo's have new powers coming out every year like ffxiv has about 3 or 4 coming out this year
    • Like x 1
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

We have almost all the elements except for air/wind or whatever you want to call it. Add in the Star Sapphire powers and we will be able to summon Captain Planet...
    • Like x 1