Whats Your Most Hated Mission Stage?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

The first stage of the Lantern mission isn't bad, if you switch to PVP phase like suggested in another thread a few months ago. I've done this a couple of times, and PVP tends to still be a ghost town. I just did this a few days ago for one of my alts in the PVP phase, and I was the only one there. So dead, that at the end of it, I did 2 green lanterns at the same time to finish up quicker, since they were practically right next to each other.
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

hm I must swim against the stream then I actualy like that part hehe
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

hm I must swim against the stream then I actualy like those two parts hehe
  5. Noble One Committed Player

the etrigan part is a hit or miss with a lot of people. even though you do get aggro from a great distance you are also OP and can normally kill a bunch of them in secs.

the spectre story is only a pain when death is walking in your area during the last phase as at that time you cant solo him. the staff and HB enemies dont bother me as they die fast due to lunge or blocks. they always use heavy range and melee thus killing them makes it faster.
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Ace Chemicals T1 Alert: Wave Events
    I hate how long they take. You spend longer, standing around waiting for the next group, than you do actually killing the NPCs. If once wasn't enough, then you get to do the whole thing again before heading off towards the second boss.

Brother Eye T1 Duo: Wave Event
    Another wave event, this one before the first 2nd fight. This one isn't as bad as Ace Chemicals, but I find it boring. Especially because they spawn behind columns, forcing you to move around the map more, especially if they get knocked out of the air and land on the lower level of the map.

Area 51 Alerts: 2nd Part - Protect the Ally
    Time consuming and boring. The timers take too long. One thing I like about the "Protect" missions in Episode 32 is how they auto-complete the timer once you've taken out all enemies that will spawn to try and take out your VIP. If this could somehow be retroactively put into older content, I'd probably have no issues with any of these gripes.

A Rip in Time: Objective before the final boss
    I hate this one, too. You might have just suffered from several wipes in the Black Adam boss fight, but up next is a miserable objective of killing enemies and wasting time until you can go back to the place you've just been, to fight the first boss again. This objective, combined with the miserable experiences you can have with people who refuse to do the Black Adam fireball mechanic make this instance one to avoid, for me.
    • Like x 1
  7. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

You hate this just because it's poorly laid out, overall it's an easy area - unless foolishly rushing through it and pulling too many.

The games open world is largely laid out it in a haphazard willy nilly way, much like the bases and league halls. That is until you look at from a sole goal to make the players want to purchase items to circumvent this. Basic model for any micro transaction MMO. The more irritated the player the more unwise purchases are made.

Oops, the truth again; gonna ban me for it?
  8. myandria Item Storage

Hmmm..

Why would anyone want to purchase items to circumvent the Etrigan/Gotham University mission when there is Event content that allows players 10+ to skip it for free? For example, players can participate in the Judas Contract Event when their character reaches level 10 and stay there until they reach max CR if desired; no money down.

I think the point of this thread is to get a personal viewpoint out of people; although your point is valid, I think you are reading into this thread a little more than necessary, SparklingMayo.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What items can one purchase on the marketplace to help get around the open world?

This is an incredibly dumb and pointless thing to write. It serves no purpose whatsoever except to be pointlessly belligerent. If you've gotten banned in the past, it's because you made the choice to write something rude like that.
  10. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

100% most definitely the Spectre missions... not because I find the ghosts extremely annoying (because I do) but because I’ve ran through the pre 30 missions so many times to the point I’m super burned out soon as I hear that I have to head towards Glenmorgan square.Could also say the aquaman mission because the tigersharks love knocking me down, or stunning me with their little spears.
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it's gotta be either the start of blackest night with the diamond mist containers and undead martian manhunter or the entirety of darkseid's warfactory.
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

etrigan is the worst though, cause the zombies always spawn in such a way that you actually have to go THROUGH them to get to the obelisks. that and isis later when she summons the royal guards, doctor psycho just plain irritates me.
  13. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

you can turn off the light =D
  14. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

The one mission (so far) I don't like is where you have to help cleanse the Power Battery on Oa. The first 'boss' is an okay fight, but then you have to get Munk who sends you off to do some tasks. Not hard, just time consuming. Then you have to defeat the Corrupted Hal Jordan. Took me a while to realize that when you defeat the Black Laterns adds that show up, they don't return if you interact / revive them, but you have to do it fast. Then all you gotta do is stay out of the black gunk that spawns and keep health up while taking out Jordan.

The most annoying part of that is listening to Munk during the fight. "Stop this!" "I will return this pain to you!" Or "Nook Neq!" I'm thinking, "hey, quit trying to speak Klingon and kick this guys A**! Less talky, more tanky!"