Whats your favorite trolling tandem

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Willydon305, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

Now that we have four controlling powersets, I would like to know which two trolling powersets would you prefer to run with in a raid if given the choice. The reasons for your pairings can run the full gamut with regards to any preferences you may have for a particular powerset (for example you might feel a certain class is more efficient, has cooler animations, easier debuffs, etc..). My favorite pairing is the mental and gadgets combination, because I think that mental has the coolest CC animations and gadgets has taser pull which comes in handy in alot of instances ( example the bridge run in FOS 2). I'm just curious to know if the DC community has a preference for a particular pairing or the general consensus doesn't mind which controller powerset configuration is formed once the power is good. Let's hear the voice of the people.
    • Like x 1
  2. Willydon305 Well-Known Player

So It's mental and gadgets for me...
  3. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Quantum and whatever the second controller is as long as they know there job.
    • Like x 1
  4. ARI ATARI New Player

doesn't matter, the only thing that changes are the animations, otherwise you dont even notice.
    • Like x 3
  5. wick3d Well-Known Player

Even though i am currently gadgets I think we are at a disadvantage as we have no group shield SC and are still forced to use word of power. I def think mental is the best troll power as they have AOE debuffs and can transform adds into harmless ghosts.
  6. farm3rb0b Committed Player

If we're talking about the newest content, I'm a big fan of gadgets/quantum. The debuffs on gadgets are the lowest power cost of the four, I believe. Overall that is. So on average, Gadgets trolls should be using the least amount of power to debuff. (Generalization, I know, sorry.) Plus, with defense debuff being every raids go-to, gauss grenade is awfully quick for a relatively low cost and hits from range. Add that to an aggro dump/shield and a pull in their power tree. Quantum also has tunneling which acts as an aggro dump and, once you get used to it, is amazing for pick-ups. Between the two powers, those aggro dump/shields make picking up a breeze. Quantum has great CC for adds, and between the two powers you're going to have a group shield and a mass power SC. (Though I agree, gadgets kind of gets the shaft, needing to go for WoP or Speed Drain :( )
  7. willi3bx Committed Player

most quantom players did it for the dps aspect of it so mental will always have trolls/dps gadgets will too, hard light dps as well mostly.
    but two gadgets is lovely
  8. Delta795 New Player

My favorite controlling tandem...
    2 COMPETENT controllers, because after that it does not matter.
    • Like x 1
  9. Darth Loyal Player

I switched from Gadgets to Quantum for the group shield and the ability to control multiple NPCs simultaneously. I loved Gadgets to death but Quantum is much better for controlling. IMO Quantum and Mental are best for controlling while HL and Gadgets are more suited for DPS. I'm not saying that there isn't great Quantum and Mental DPS or great Gadget and HL controllers. I'm just saying that controlling is easier with Quantum and Mental while Gadgets and HL are great for dealing damage.
    • Like x 2
  10. Delta795 New Player

NOPE...Controlling is controlling just need to know the power you are using. None are easier or harder...as for DMG each of the powers hit hard. Just a personal gripe if mine as most of the community thinks HL is nothing more than pew-pew.
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Or, perhaps, know how to spell "their"? :rolleyes:
  12. Darth Loyal Player

You don't think I know that?
    All you had to do was highlight just a bit earlier...
  13. Lights Derp Loyal Player

On my phone at work. It spell checks their, and they're to there constantly. Since work is busy I don't have time to spell check everything I post..

If this is a problem for you then I'm sorry but it's not going to change unless I'm at home on my computer.

I think I spell checked that right, is that better for you?
  14. Delta795 New Player

No, I know & I did read it...just a pet peeve of mine.
  15. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Just saying. If you're going to call someone out for "doing their job" at least do so while spelling properly.
  16. Darth Loyal Player

Lol I could tell. There was a bit of venom in that response :p Just so you know, I know and appreciate all four of the powersets for both controlling and DDing :)
  17. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

Personally, I would go for a Mental/Quantum combination any day.

I like Quantum because:
    1. I play a Quantum troll, so I'm biased
    2. PoT avility can stun up to 2 enemies at a time
    3. Quantum stuns seem to last longer
    4. A LOT of powers are clippable with the burst power move
    5. Able to do a lot of good pushbacks for guarding the healer

I like Mental because:
    1. It looks awesome
    2. Ability (though vulnerable to interrupt) to levitate large amount of mobs
    3. Able to set up PI for almost any other power (ice, fire, earth, etc. )
    4. I have noted mental trollers are usually the best skill-wise (this is just an observation, don't hate on me)
    • Like x 1
  18. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

mental troller are the best skill wise! :D
  19. TheRealDeathern New Player

Trolling is trolling and as long as one troll keeps POT up and the other gives power to the group, no combinations is better than others IMO.

I have been mental, quantum, and am most experienced with HL, which is the least used of all the troll classess IMO. Gadget is the only one i havent really tried. I loved HL but after 2+ years I decided to recently swith to Quantum, and honestly, after about a week of play, I think it may have been a mistake. HL gets a bad wrap for not being a good troll power, but in the hands of an experienced HL troll, they can wreak havock, provide power, and do just as well as any othre troll class in any area, period...

Is it harder to play than the other troll classess? IMHO, YES, without a doubt. There is presently no other powerset in the game like HL, where combos are required to maximize output, and add to that the many, many tasks and responsibilities of a good troll, and you have a recipe for one of the most challenging powersets and roles in the game.

This leads many to believe HL not a good troll power. Why? Becuase its not as easy to play as the other powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

I will readily admit I roll my eyes and curse under my breath if I pug into a group and the troll is HL. Mostly because ,in my honest experience, they suck. Not the power, but the player. I have seen exceptions, don't get me wrong. But generally.... yeah.