Whats your favorite tank power and why, Also what tank power you think is the best?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Caz, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Caz Active Player

I personally love the visuals of earth and tanking with brick, However i think i had the most success with fire. Please let me know what your favorite tank power is and what tank power you think is the best.:)
  2. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

Favourite? Fire and Rage.
    Best? All of them.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

I totaly dislike brick and i hate atomic sound , my favourite tank power is rage but its alot harder to play than other tank powers.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Atomic is my favorite. There is no best. They can all do the content. Second favorite is a tie between fire and rage. I'm not good at either, but I like there is a bit of skill involved with these powers.
  5. Caz Active Player

strange this may sound weird but i prefer blocking than battle tanking i also found fire quite easy however i struggled with earth tanking ever since i switched from fire but i love the visuals of earth and will still continue to tank as it :)
  6. Caz Active Player

my alt is rage i worry about crashing in raids so i dnt get on him that much but i would agree rage is insanely fun :)
  7. Caz Active Player

i remember leaving ice for fire people told me i made a stupid decision and tbh it was the best decision i ever made fire tanking is insane atleast for me it was without no doubt fire is my 2nd favorite tank :)
  8. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

Favorite Tank is Rage it's a challenge and I like that about it. Best there isn't one. Just opinions of which is best lol. But absolutely love Rage Tanking
  9. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

When i made my 2nd toon I wanted a big huge musley tank character, I didnt care about his power not that I had very many options at the time. I chose fire. It has worked out ok. I have very little experience playing hard content as a pure tank. I was pure DPS from anti-monitor till starro. Got a 2nd armory and geared up for tank but have not used it much.

But having nothing to do with tank mechanics... I wish 2nd toon had been rage. The frenzy animation is bad *** and something that fit with the character concept, my toon was initially based on the comic character Pitt. Pitt has claw fingers and so i would love any animations that incorporate that.

I doubt daybreak will do anything to let us change our toons for free after revamp but if they do I may swap the powers between my rage/fire toons.
    • Like x 1
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

If im sober and paying attention: Rage. But im not often enough so its ice or earth.
    • Like x 4
  11. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Definitely have to go with Rage here, especially when there are a bunch of adds around. I do find myself being KO'd often though when it's a solo, 1 hit wonder type of boss (like Stompa when we were at CR 133).
  12. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Ice. Because you can mod straight resto for max mitigation and little health for lesser damage in due to health based damage attacks.
  13. Ereez Well-Known Player

14. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

Earth no question.

Love the visuals and my character is a Galactus look-a-like so it s a perfect fit. I used to be fire but got tired off the lack of mobility and I don't really care to be a battle tank necessarily either.
  15. xD25x Dedicated Player

Fire, Rage, Earth, Atomic, Ice
  16. Soke_Remy_Gambit Well-Known Player

There is no best. Whichever fits your play style is best. With that said my favorite is Rage. Love it for the visual the powers give, as well it's a bit tougher to play with Rage crash. But I love a challenge over easy streak. Just like I play Celestial healer just for the combos and if you miss a combo could be pretty damaging just like rage crash if you don't time it right. But I'm not knocking the other 3 tank powers I just love Rage
  17. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

I love Earth, particularly the jackhammer tree, it's the only way to have a tank power that doesnt have any elemental effect on my character... too bad the jackhammer tree kinda sucks for actual tanking..

you have to be an earth bender if you want to actually tank with earth...

also recently i discover that using my earth tank build but switch to dps pet and dps role, i can out dps almost anyone even in tank gear... but to be fair, the MVP is the dps pet, not my character since she can only do like 10% at best when compare to the dps pet which can 2-3 shot everything within my CR..
  18. BMagalhaes New Player

I got a fire tank and just loving him so far. I dunno if it's the strongest, but i can guarantee you that is pretty fun
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

As of tomorrow, what ever tank is not trying to learn how to battle tank in a end game raid. I'm sure some of you will run into this.
  20. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Rage is my favorite because of the heal back mechanic. I love that thing and avoiding rage crash is simple. Unsimple people just have problems with it