What's your favorite book, comic or magazine?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Scourge o' the Cosmos, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Scourge o' the Cosmos Well-Known Player

OK guys, since there is no such thread on the forum, I thought it would be nice to create this thread.

What are your favorite reads? It can be anything, a book, comic or magazine etc. etc.

Maybe one of your DCUO toons is based on a certain character from a book?

Post, recommend and discuss :D.

I'll kick off, I'm a huge fan of Stephen King. I think the man is a genius and one of the greatest storytellers ever.

My top 10 of Stephen King books would look like this:

01. The entire Dark Tower series
    02. IT
    03. Salem's Lot
    04. Black House
    05. Insomnia
    06. Pet Sematary
    07. The Shining
    08. The Stand
    09. The Talisman
    10. The Eyes of the Dragon

I also particularly like the stories of H.P. Lovecraft, a man who has created an entire new genre of horror: Lovecraftian Horror/Cosmic Horror. You might have seen the Cthulhu entity in popular culture, that's one of his most famous creations.

Other writers I like are Edgar Rice Burroughs (Tarzan of the Apes), H. G. Wells (The Island of Doctor Moreau, The War of the Worlds), Hermann Hesse (Siddhartha), Jack London (Before Adam, White Fang), Jules Verne (20,000 Leagues under the Sea, A Journey to the centre of the Earth), Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book), Bram Stoker (Dracula), Arthur Conan Doyle (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of The Baskervilles), George Orwell (Animal Farm, 1984), Franz Kafka (The Metamorphosis/Die Verwandlung)

I also like to read comic books. I like DC and Marvel Comics in general, Transformers, ThunderCats. I also like the more edgy comics like Spawn and Hellboy.

Have at it!