What's villain content like

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by megamanzero, May 17, 2018.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Re-reading it, I've not been completely clear - my complaint isn't with cross-faction content, but with the way it has been handled. Hence my solutions that still involve cross-faction content.

If Heroes and Villains are matched in group content, then they *should* be at odds as to the objectives. And those objectives ought to be scaled to the composition of the group. If the default Villain objective is "kill 10 witnesses", and the default Hero objective is "save 10 witnesses", then in that piece of content, if the Heroism: Villainy ratio is 5:3, then the Heroes objective becomes "Save 13 Witnesses (+2/8, rounded up))", and the Villains becomes "Kill 7 Witnesses (the balance of the 20 left by the higher number) ".
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

I don't think I was directly blaming the cross-faction thing - but how it is handled. With single faction groups, objectives ought to be as they are - but for cross-faction groups I would suggest making the more dominant faction work harder.

I'd also suggest making the more dominant faction get a boss tailored to the number of, and roles of, the lesser faction. One Tank and a DPS on the villain side? Boss is a Villain Healer. And you have to kill both the boss and the Villains to get rewards. PvP in PvE? Lord God, say it isn't so :O:O:O

And the way to fix PvP (whilst still keeping the value of all those sweet, sweet feats) is to throw out PvP armour, and make PvP a regular part of multi-player cross-faction PvE content.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nice ideas... except for sneaking PvP into PvE, if enough people truly cared for PvP, there wouldn't be this problem with PvP now
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

I don't think that's quite true. PvP got shafted right around the time of WM and AM - because one person's PvE adjustment is another person's PvP pwnage. You can thank Spytle for that. Many prominent PvP players also fell into internal wrangling and accusations about who was the most racist. You can thank youtube (and in-game chat) for that. PvP had a perfect storm of "how do we fix this" and "I'm off", which resulted in a void that most people assumed was temporary. It's been nearly (over?) two years now, though.

I realise that my initial idea made PvP *required*. Let's just say that taking out the opposing faction would be beneficial, but not required to complete content. Just as taking out a Starro Mender first is often the best idea, but if you really can just breeze through him and the adds that come at you later, then feel free to do so :).
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have completed Stage II up until you beat up the opposition troops for both Villains and Heroes (haven't handed it in yet as don't want the Probiotics), and not once has Mrs Soupcan spoken to either character, not even when they went to the central location with Ginger Olsen (that has the nice portal back to the starting area)
    So, at what stage are we supposed to get her yammering in our ears?
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Okay, finally completed the Second Stage, and only then was told to go talk to Mrs Soupcan, really do not like the new model, the original was so much more attractive and pleasant looking than this thin-faced creature
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Poor you. I've attacked Gardner, Gold, Fire and Power Girl while they were idling about. Hey! Somebody had to wake them up.

Favourite reaction was Power Girl's whiny "Sometimes I really miss Earth 2."
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Really need to start checking the Feat List before any new Event, that way will know what to avoid :(
    So, Heroes wake the Iconics, Villains get to curb-stomp them? Guesssing the only Villains are us, and Bizarro and Hankie Spankie (DoomDoy doesn't count)
  9. Dene Devoted Player

we "curb stomp" Hank & Bizzaro - our feats are the same.. they just switch around the iconics
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

"Sometimes I really miss earth 2"

I felt bad and laughed at the same time
    • Like x 1