What's the point of PVP if Gear, SP and even Level doesn't Matter

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Aqua Surge, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Yep, couldn't kill a Level 15 Water healer at all. Damn shame. 338.80 Skill Points nearly close to 101 PVP CR and this person has zero pvp gear and hardly any Skill Points. Seriously, fix PVP.
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Its on their list of things to do...
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

In open world? In arenas?
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Belle Rave.
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

So his stats were boosted then right? He wasn't actually level 15?
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Doesn't matter, it shouldn't happen.
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This is a controversial topic. There are those who believe that only skill should be relevant and there those who believe that stats should rule in both open world and arenas. Some believe that by making stats matter then PvP becomes more p2w (pretty false). That said, I think the game does an OK job at finding a balance between the two.

To me, if two players are equal in skill but one has significantly higher stats then the one with significantly higher stats should have an advantage but not a guaranteed win. If that makes sense.
    • Like x 5
  8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

One thing I know about playing PVP is that there are extremely skilled players. They block at the right time and attack also. I am no expert on PVP , but I did get almost all my feats from there. I have been killed within seconds on certain matches. I began to observe and learn and found a character in legends I did well with and started to do better. As far as arenas I just barely scratch the surface.
    • Like x 2
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Eh I prefer to have more people interested in PVP so having to queue in having no armor deters people from playing. I think scaling people is better for the game. Water's the newest power and may need adjustments, but always expecting a win is not my thing.
    • Like x 5
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

It has nothing to do with any of that. Water is a shield healer. In PvE, I'm able to rotate three shields. So the same option is there for PvP. You'll just have to adapt to the current meta of PvP.

Can I ask, did you just try doing a rotation on them, or did you try stunning, knocking up, or any of the other options to break them out of their combo and make them helpless? If not, that could be your problem. It's all about what power you are and how many shields you can rotate.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

They had a survey about it.. It's not alot but it's something.

[IMG]
  12. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I partnered with a troll to do some pvp and we have been winning lately but lose when the randoms don't help us jump the same guy or jump the healer. Pretty common sense to take out the healer before you end up losing all your power or health. Some people be trying to kill a person by themselves. Sometimes you can but it team work here.
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yes, pvp is broken, but your logic is broken as well. How do we know you're not a noob spamming block breakers and that level 15 wasnt an expert with a new alt?
    • Like x 2
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

PvP is an intricate game of chess. Sometimes you have to "play the nodes" and a lot of confusion happens trying to decide who should go where.

Sometimes you need a player that actually can hold their own on a node alone to take someone down. This is where intricacies like baiting, timing blocks etc come in.
    • Like x 2
  15. Cadens Dedicated Player

In arenas, everyone should have the same armor and same stats. Let player ability dictate the victory, not your gear. I came back after 3 years off this game and I haven't PVP'd a single second. There is just not enough time anymore in this aging back to grind out PVP and PVE gear. PVP marks should be used to purchase styles, not the actual gear.
    • Like x 2
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Everyone has that version of PvP, it's called legends.
    • Like x 3
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

At least they were level 15. I got slapped by a guy who literally just did the tutorial. He had 2 pieces of gear total and both were level 4. I'm not a 1337 PVP gawd though so I was not too surprised by it.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How about instead of stat leveling, low PVP CR (or no PVP gear) players are given a buff to PVP 97 or something similar. Higher PVP CR players get no nerf. Sure the lower players will get their butt kicked most times, but they probably should. A skilled player with PVP 97 should be able to beat a lesser skilled PVP 101. Something that gives the lowbies a chance, but doesn't penalize the people who have been grinding for years.

I should not be able to get in the ring with an experienced champion and expect to live...only gain experience with the beating I receive. Just ask McGreggor.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  19. Saami Loyal Player

This is mostly "mmo vets" vs "call of duty generation".
    Vets like me think that in mmo you should earn your gear by grinding it first and hard work + skills is what determines best player.
    Call of duty generation believes that everything should be handed to them and skill should be only factor (legends anyone?)
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

for those who wanted only skill to matter should have stayed with the legends option, there was absolute no point to make arena the same way, ppl invested alot of time & money to make their heroes as strong as possible statwise just to notice they could have save the time & money in the end ... however its a dead horse anyway.