Whats the point of Dom anymore?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fed up player #10, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

Ran a few raids yesterday on my main Fire tank. 311cr with 349sp Fully modded with 7k dom. Why is it bosses and adds can completely ignore me and do whatever they want? Ran GOM regular and guess what first boss stays on the other side of the room and forces the group to range attack due to the AOE on the ground. Not once did he respond to my attempts. I get he has his scripted move to strike the anvil but they usually go to the nearest one and you used to be able to get them to change anvils. Before we killed the first one he was sure all up in my face but once he was alone then nothing could get him to move. Then we ran US reg and Ghost does whatever the heck he wants and when he spawns duplicates one will just stay clear across the room and ignore both my single taunt and pulls. Finish that and move on to Grundy and guess what another sub boss who does whatever he wants and follows some scripted bs instead of focusing on the tank and one of the stupid low level minions just grabs a barrel right beside me and carts it off and disappears. Not once did the add even acknowledge I existed.

Why have a required stat and then make it have no affect ?

I have way more then the recommended amount of dominance but they all still run with scripted moves. The new content is just as bad with the Joker Bat in Zoo able to completely ignore the tank and the saboteurs running away no matter which pull used. In the ROTB alert the all the adds focus on the healer and ignore the guy with the most dom in the room. Why have a role then make it only partially effective? Feel the same about controlling right now.
    • Like x 2
  2. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

[IMG]
    lets ask her...??
    • Like x 7
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Took me a second....sadly lol

For the OP:

Dom does not and has never effected aggro. Some bosses are scripted to attack other people depending on their positioning. Nothing you can do about that. Right now Dom is strictly survival based and helps with sheilds/healing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

There's no way she can play D.C. with those gloves on...
  5. TestReporter Loyal Player

DOM never affected agroo, some bosses run away from agroo has part of their mechanics... Btw, are you in 2019, cr 311 :eek:.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Is it worth putting at least 1 skill point in it if you're a damage?

I have

1 into super
    60 into crits
    183 into might/power
    1 into precision
    90 into health
    1 into restoration
    1 into vit
    1 into dom
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

Like others said:

!!!Dom has nothing to do with aggro!!!
    ... Ppl should really learn that.. especially at endgame with high sp.. :rolleyes:

The recommended dominance just shows the amount you need to cc (like juggle and pull) adds. So with lower dominance than recommended you can tank fine.. just trashmobs won't get pulled (you still get aggro).

Also dominance helps out healing and shields.
    • Like x 2
  8. L T Devoted Player

If you run with a self-heal or a shield, then yes.

Vit isn't worth the single point as DPS unless you run with a troll supercharge or word of power.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I use arc lighting which heals and damages. I sometimes out heal the healer especially in alerts. Sometimes I am super close to the healer in raids with healing out. :eek:

I just got the OP Head so now my damage restoration is over 6300. Was originally in the 6100s.

i'll remove the 1 sp from vit. I only put it there for the 45 boost as I thought maybe a troller will give more power in raids or alerts if I had at least 1 point there. I really don't need it as I am not power hungry.
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

youd be amazed at the fluidity and thinness latex can have with a tactile use
    • Like x 1
  11. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

And the part about saboteurs and the add in the Grundy fight just running away is what ? Oh yeah crowd control that's it. that's the key word here. Like i said way above the recommended level and no ability to cc. Scripted movements are everywhere and that's the point of the post. Why have a stat that's supposed to provide a specific mechanic then create content that ignores the mechanic all together and it only getting worse. It was one thing when just the main boss could do it. Now even the regular trash mob NPC's are capable of ignoring cc effects.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

Meant to be 211cr typing not my thing. Not just talking about bosses anymore all NPC's are starting to be able to ignore crowd control effects and stay in scripted movement .
    • Like x 1
  13. Surtur Well-Known Player

Considering the Tanks job is to draw aggro & like it or not Dominance is considered by some part of aggro because of association with the tanks job & abilities. Stuns & pulls work off of Dominance and are part of Tanks job & abilities. Guilty by association.

Does it really matter to me? nope, not worth debating over. As long as they do their job I don't care.

I understand where the OP is coming from. Lunges and other things do not seem to be working like they use to on some bosses & NPC's. Other things being pulls & stuns.
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

As much as I love the humour with this picture, I think that dominance effect is pretty stale right now for controllers, no other role should utilize dominance in a crowd control way unless your the role itself, and if anyone disagree's why don't we just change controller to battery than if every role should cc.

Tanks should not cc or be able to, aggroing should be a passive effect based on the defense or health you have for tanks.
  15. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

Agreed either make controllers a pure battery or let them control but tanks are there to be the focus for the NPC's. No NPC should then be able to ignore the tank except for some boss attacks to spice things up and provide the necessary difficulty.
    • Like x 1
  16. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

This is how I look at the whole tank n troll role, there should not be a power for tanks to draw aggro, but a aggro system in effect based on your health or defense stats, hell, daybreak can even add a threat stat and make it a hidden passive like criticals, but the problem they are giving 2 roles the ability to cc while it suppose to primary the controlers job.

Tanks automatically draw attention because of their stats, so adds runs to them, and controllers juggle them, dps's burns adds, adds break free of aggro, attacks random roles, healers shields and heal, adds eventually runs back to tank and repeat.
  17. Tilz Loyal Player

18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

speaking from experience?
  19. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

yes...wear gloves right and the size of your hands can be obscured...among other things
  20. hoaxone Committed Player

349sp and lost on core mechanics of game.gj everyone involved
    • Like x 2