Whats the game plan??

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by CrappyHeals, Mar 18, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

-Whats the goal right now??
    -Are we trying to balance powers and get them working correctly in the windows we have before more are added?
    -Are we just trying to get everything on test then go back and balance and fine tune things?
    -Are weapons getting another pass ( i hope so cause they are to weak)

Theres many more questions inside threads that no one ever answers us about to let us know if you guys are even looking into it, Cone width is one of those questions. Are you guys considering widening it up a bit cause right now its way to narrow. So many questions and no answers.

As testers some of us spend a crazy amount of time looking at every detail and its frustrating to have that work go to waste cause we're not at that point in development yet. We do this for free and it takes a lot of our free time up so it would be nice if we knew when and what to be testing for so we didn't waste our time on things that aren't going to happen till a later date.

Mepps i know your prob sick of seeing my threads lol but we need to know the game plan man. Help us help you.
    • Like x 23
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

What about the iconics? Why were they not available on stats revamp test? Are movement mode powers geting some changes (like PI with each other) aswell, pls? How about new weapon combos? Costum WM combos? Are you gona further reduce all cooldowns to half (yes, they are still waaay to long!)? Can you please make it so that shields at least share the same CD's with the buffs? And what are you working on anyways?

I mean: you are sure doing adjustement on stats matters while the server is testing for the event...? So devs please: BEFORE you change things, for once just tell us what you are up to. Just show us for once that our feedback is taken serious when adjusting so we (testers and devs) can realy work as a team instead of against eachother... We all want the game to be awesum!
    • Like x 1
  3. Korvyne Committed Player

I really hope you get some answers. I see this alot and when I was on test(for the very short time I spent in there) that was exactly my problem. "What am I testing here"?
    It's like being asked to testdrive a car, coming back to say "yes it corners well and is a comfortable ride" then being told "ugh I wanted you to test the 0-60". By then the cars been returned. In our case by then the game is on live and we're done for.
    Let the player testers in on the plan, im not one of them, I just won't be playing a broken game if it goes wrong.
    • Like x 4
  4. E Clip Dedicated Player

You shouldn't be surprised at the disconnect between testers and devs. It happens every time and its because they expect a very narrow feedback that will fit into their plan, everything else is discarded and deemed unimportant. The car analogy of Korvyne is spot on. You're basically testing and min-maxing at the same time, as any tester would do who knows how to push the limits of the game, they just aren't interested in what you have to say.
    • Like x 7
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Though I agree that the car analogy was the case of tunso's time, I don't think it's like this in Avair's. I get the feeling that it is more here is the redesigned car tells us what you like. Then they fix a few things and star the next car. Instead of finishing the last one.
    • Like x 1
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

So basically:
    Tunso - broken car now, partially fixed "Soon"
    Avair - broken car partially fixed now, fully fixed "Soon"

Step in the right direction but still messed up xDDDDDDDDD
  7. Kuno Loyal Player

Sometimes I think they do this on purpose and are completely clueless about their own game, otherwise I can't understand how can we be this messed up at this point. We care about the game more than the devs do.
    • Like x 3
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

I just hope they work on the next test version atm...
    It just felt like the devs threw us in without explaining anything to us on purpose from the begin with. Dunno why, they came out with the three expected playstyles only weeks later and told us nothing about anything they changed so far before they allready changed it. Think on the weapons for example: how should one come to the idea that weapon only would be a think, especially when weapon dammage was not even worked on back then? And that play from the tray would be basicly spamming the power with the lowest cost? Is it realy expected from testers to find things out themselfes? And yes: i agree that it is not comunicated enough what we are even expected to test anyways...
    However: it is making me uncomfortable to hear nothing about anything they are working on until it comes with the next update. Problem is: they put work and time and effort into changing things, then they get hated, and no matter how much feedback we give against it, they ignore it anyways because they allready made theyr decission how they want it to be... At least thats what i think is going on...
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

I personally have given up and am patiently waiting for celestial to go on test. Electric is fine IMO. However there are still several balancing issues for both dps and support roles to where I dont see them launching this thing in June, especially if they have to take stats matter off of test for events,

I mean stats matter will come back next month in April for 1 month and then they will take it down again for the next DLC launching in June.

If they push back the next DLC that suppose to launch in June, DCUO competition will kill them.

They also keep saying iconic powers and movement mode abilities will be addressed at a later date.

I am hoping they will be addressed before it goes live.
    I dont see this revamp going live before the next DLC like they had planned it to be.
    • Like x 2
  10. Roocck Committed Player

I just want to know if this revamp going to happen and how much time I have to enjoy the AM before I take a break or quit.....
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]

Sorry the thread title made me think of the rocks movie.

I agree though, I would really like more insight from the development team on the whole stats-revamp.

Right now it feels like Everything is only being done about 15% rate.. We get small progress done with X 3 powers..

Another 3 powers on test.

More small progress...

And If I know better the next batch will be just as concealed in the feedback department when Celestial Earth and Quantum hit test.

You know for as Bad as Tunso was, at least he gave instructions on what to do.

This whole concealed feedback has got to stop otherwise we're gonna end up with another GU-47 level of mess.
    • Like x 4
  12. Isif Committed Player

It really is surprising that the devs don't/won't isolate the issues and address them one at a time. The dialog needs to be opened with the players, since they are asking for feedback. Clarification may actual turn people from this game because it might actually reinforce some of the speculation. It may be my final 15 when "Stats" launch. I have a feeling that they really don't care much and the feeling is starting to be mutual.
    • Like x 1
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Guess we have to wait for the revamp to go back on test which most likely is going to be 1.5. Hopefully they have addressed a lot of issues.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Tbh im still not sure what the goal of the revamp even is. Pretty much confused about all of it at this point. I disagree with how some of its being and i feel like there is way too much reliance on the players when it comes to testing. Hope it ends up being done right. Cause i feel the potential is there for some major issues if it isnt. And id like to keep playing dcuo but i wont stick around if anything goes live unfinished or broken.
    • Like x 3
  15. xD25x Dedicated Player

Here's an idea. Scrap the revamp. Leave AMs and Wm. Decrease AM damage while buffing Wm damage. Balance weapons to appease the hybrid players. Fix the glitches and exploits.
    • Like x 6
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

It's going to be cancelled.
    • Like x 2
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Tunso did not give us directions. Not until the testers blew up after he came on the forums and said you have been doing it wrong the whole time. Including almost all the testing we did. The whole tunsotest was because of how he didn't tell us what he wanted.
    • Like x 4
  18. Thomas Wayne jr Active Player

I think is it is the opposite. I think the Devs know exactly what they are doing and have had this planned out for awhile. I think they are purposely taking their time to teach the crybaby's a lesson. It is their game and this is their job. They went to school for this and made it their profession. Who are some weirdo's who have nothing better to do then go on a test server and give their 1 cent on how things are. Haven't people learned by now that they aren't making a difference with all the complaining and whining, yeah it seems they might throw you a bone here and there but in the end it's their game and they have the final say. In my opinion they should of left the game the way THEY intended it to be instead of giving into the demands of some social misfits. In closing, playing video games may be a big part of some of you people's lives but creating video games IS their REAL life. Let them do their jobs. Just because you can bounce a basket ball up and down with 2 hands doesn't mean you can dribble one like Iverson. Let the Pro's do their job.
  19. Cyro Committed Player

Yea it is there game but guess what - we pay for it when we say we dont like something it should be taken into account because not only have we sunk our money into this game we have also sunk our time to the game AND test server. If they dont want our opinions fine then we wont test anymore. See how well that goes.

It is CLEAR that they are desperate for more testers, mepps on discord responded to their current plan saying they are doing their best to push all the powers on to test to get more "perspectives". Maybe if they treated the testers better they wouldnt be in this situation... but no they decide to not share any information with us even things that would make the testers lifes easier like formulas

At the end of the day you are 100% right they can do whatever they want with the game and discard our feedback. Which when you think about it isnt that bad i mean what else did they ignore the community on: WM, AMs, CR, small episodes and [these] things clearly worked really well in the past, they brought sooo many new people into the game.
    • Like x 2
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea wasnt that the gu50 thing? How nature/electricity were supposed to be buffed but werent and when we were testing it we found out we had been testing wrong the entire time, right? Or am i remembering wrong?
    • Like x 1