What's a good overall Healer Power?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by xJenovax, Dec 28, 2015.

1. xJenovax Well-Known Player

I have been away from this game for a very long time. I recently decided I want to come back. My character is currently a Quantum character but I heard Water is on the horizons, so I want to play a healer power just to get back into the mindset of healing and just being able to gear up for the upcoming water.

That being said I still do enjoy DPS as I have never been one to just do one thing, some days I want to DPS most days I like to support. I like to PvE some days I like to PvP others. I am looking for a healing power set that can hold it's own in PvE keep people alive to complete content. In PvP I am looking for a healer class who can keep people alive from as much dmg as possible but also be able to defend myself properly in DPS open world.

Can some experience players please help me!? Any answers, replies, or advice would be most appreciated as long as it has good intentions and isn't negative.

Thanks in advanced.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Nature. The easiest and most power efficient healer class.
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Nature is the most power efficient from a healer standpoint but until its mid range update it's dps is most often considered lackluster.

Sorcery and Celestial from both a healer and dps standpoint are strong, Celestial does have the harder learning curve on both the healing and dps.

Electric is great for healing but is often considered the lowest dps at the moment.
  4. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

sorcery is your best bet for what you're asking. pve heal side, imo, isnt on par with nature or some other healing powers but that is not to say that it isnt any good. its pve dps side is amongst the top dps powers atm. pvp, its 1 of 2 top primary healers in 5v5's. dps pvp side, well...fury is arguably op. the other healing powers may excell in one part of the game, but fall flat on their faces in others. sorcery does well in all.

my main is nature and i dont have a sorcery toon for end game content. just to show that i hold no bias. goodluck
  5. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Thank you guys. for the replies I really appreciate it.
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sorcery is what your looking for.
    Nature as well.
    Electric is great in the right hands..

Celestial... poor.. poor... neutered celestial.
    (Despite the AM damage it cant put out good enough burst)
  7. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

The one that makes green numbers appear above people's heads.
  8. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Ok, I'll Atomic Heal thanks!
  9. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Ah I didn't say your head only, I said people's

10. Glowmoss New Player

If you want an over all well balanced healing power that can also dps well, go for sorcery. It has the best burn out of all the healing powers (and probably the best over all dps power, next to ice, only thing is, sorcery's a pet based power, if you're okay with it, go for sorcery.) For healing, it is more restricted in that people have to stay inside of your circle to get heals.

Nature is by far the best, well rounded healing power atm, it has great hot, a pretty good burst heal, you can pretty much heal people anywhere as long as they are close by and you can see them. If you're in bug form, once you use hive mind, some of your power will return everytime you usea healing power. However for dps, like electricity, they are both dot dps, which, outside of boss fights, it'll take you a long time to set them up, and by the time that you do, burst dpses would have killed all the ads.

Electricity have the quickest heals, plus it has an emergency heal that will auto activate if a group member has about 30% health left, however, unlike nature, all it has are burst heals, so electric healers will have to heal more and spend more power. It is probably the weakest power for both dps and healing side.

For Celes, the heals are pretty good, kind of a mix of burst and hots. The supercharges for celes isn't the best ( in my personal opinion ) Some people use the combos for the healing side as well, but I dont see the point, plus it'll slow the heals down. As for dps, it'll take some getting used to, the combos are easily interruptable and from what my numbers are showing, on one max single crit, I hit somewhere around 60 to 70k and I have 216 sps precision based (nothing compared to sorcery's pet.) It is a challenging power compared to the others on this list, but if you like the challenge then go for celes.

But at the end of the day, only you can tell which power suits you, so I would try all 4, see which one works best for you.
    Hope that helps.
  11. SrirachaMayn Well-Known Player

just wanted to comment on the pet thing. i use to feel the same about pets and feeling like a troll or pupet master of sorts but if you have a good understanding on how to dps with sprcery or either of the dot powers, you'll realize that the rotations, functions, and play style are almost identical to one another. starting out your rotations, you setup your dots/pi's, clip weapon attacks with a burst power, and hit a power to either refresh dots or keep your pets powered to do full damage. similar concepts but the dmg out differs.
  12. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Nature is your best bet, as long as you're willing to wait for it's mid-range improvements since it's PVE DPS leaves alot to be desired right now.

Sorc if you're worried about PVE DPS for now but on the flip side, PVP DPS + Fury = free immunities for all. That thing can be farmed all day long lol.
  13. Delta796th Loyal Player

14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This isn't so. Circle of Protection grants a buff; all a player need do is run through it for a second and run out again to get the benefits.

And Soul Well's range is about three times what is visible, far longer than Circle, FWIW.

Of course, all sorcery healing powers have a range and can't reach all the way across a large room, say; they're also strictly line-of-sight, except for Watcher.