What would be your ultimate video game?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Statman, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Statman New Player

We're all gamers here, whether we play a lot or only a little, we're all into video games. If you imagination was enough to create your ultimate video game, what would it entail?

For me, it may sound dull, but DCUO really captured me for a good 2 years of solid playing, and over a year after that I'm still playing (just not as much as I once was). While DCUO is not my ultimate game choice, it does come in similar.

Being the massive DC Comics fan that I am, I think a large scale single player RPG DC Universe game (size and quality, think big RPG's like Elder Scrolls, GTA, etc) would be my ultimate choice of game. Being able to truly immerse yourself into the Universe (not just alongside other 'new' heroes or villains, with minimal input from the characters we know and love), as an individual rising through the ranks of heroes or villains would honestly thrill me.

Anyone else got any video game dreams?
    • Like x 4
  2. Faust74 Loyal Player

I know this going to sound geeky, but a several years ago I was working 70 hours a week & to keep myself awake during work. I wrote script for a Zombie MMO. This was way before Left4Dead & Dead Island.

I drew the different type of Zombies & other Enemy NPCs. Wrote how the MMO would take place world wide, with each player starting out in their home state in a major city. Basically, you try to survive day by day gathering supplies and constructing weapons, etc. You had find secure shelter before logging off or else be over run by zombies.

A live detailed map would keep track on how infested with zombies each state/province and country is, Etc, Etc. I could go on and on, but that the jest of it. A zombie MMO sound like a game I could get into.
    • Like x 3
  3. Meta Flare New Player

It's in my sig
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Dragon Ball Z MMO with the DCUO combat system

Chilling in open world, go SSJ and kick some @ss
    • Like x 2
  5. Zuse Loyal Player

DC Universe single player
    with the combat mechanic of the Arkham games and the powers and the movements from DCUO...and i would like that game to have a very nice graphics as well

u get what i am saying
    • Like x 1
  6. Drakonicus New Player

Something that would be upgraded with time, like a mmo, but had a compeling narrative of a single player game. Something in which playing with another people would enrich my experience, insted of something that was forced upon me. Something easy to learn, hard to master. That could offer a lvl of customization, cosmetic and gameplay wise as deep as i wanted.
    • Like x 2
  7. Chicago Bull New Player

Open World; Online; THE PURGE; GAME
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Dragon Age mmo
    • Like x 1
  9. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Practically Morrowind with a DCUO combat system. :) I would quit living in the real world. lol
    • Like x 1
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

"House of Cards-Unleashed!"

nuff said.
    • Like x 1
  11. Caleus New Player

Something between Sword Art Online and DCUO.

Basically DCUO with all the powers and fluidity it currently has with extra skills from SAO and clearly instead of 3D CGI, a more anime drawn type game.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheDarkMantis New Player

Super Smash Bros Brawl!
  13. Caleus New Player

Truly classic, add character customization and I'd switch mine to this! :D
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

An advanced version of DC Universe Online using the technology of the Ready Player One universe.
    • Like x 2
  15. Jake IX New Player

16. Stardazer Committed Player

There are so many ultimate video games I would love to see, but I agree mostly with OP.
    I would love to be a hugely immersive RPG for DCUO. My passion for video games started with Bioware's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, one of the first RPG I've played (as far as I can remember anyways lol), and I played it over and over again for a whole summer. I love Bioware's games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect, both series I've played for countless hours. If there could be a game like DCUO meets Bioware's RPG, where you make choices and decisions that would affect the story immensely from changing your allegiance (mentor/faction) to rallying/killing your allies, I would be the happiest person alive!
    • Like x 3
  17. Breakforce Loyal Player

If Naughty Dog brought back Jak and Daxter
  18. La Shark Dedicated Player

DCUO

when Chris Cao was running things
  19. FelixDuo Committed Player

Always hard for me to pick favorites, but I think I'd have to same something similar to Bungie's upcoming Destiny. An FPS-RPG-Shoot 'n loot. Set in a fantasy steampunk world. With incredible character customization. Absolutely massive open world. MMO (why not?). Tons of different weapons, abilities, and gear to choose from. And...slightly stylized graphics, so things like spiky hair wouldn't look too out of place.

I've actually been working on a world that's somewhat similar to that, although more cyberpunk than steampunk. I've got the basic stuff, like the settings, races, and powers written down. The next step is to come up with more specific locations like cities and other landmarks, as well as a few important NPCs.

Recently though I've been sidetracked by a different world that I can't really fit into any one genre. It's got a little bit of everything. Still in the beginning stages on this one though.
  20. Black Arrowette Well-Known Player

Game of Thrones as a game. You pick which house you want to be a banner man for. Performing favours for helps you gain a reputation possibly toward your own lordship. Your ultimate goal is to gain the iron throne. It doesn't end there though. You'd have to quell uprisings in order to keep your place on the throne. Could potentially make a good MMO as well.