What trinkets would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC Urban, Feb 6, 2018.

1. DC Urban Committed Player

I thought for sure there was a thread about this. I did a search, the results did not even allude to trinkets. Maybe I missed it, anywho...

Due to the comments in my sig, I appreciate the honesty and accept the reality. With that said, I have given up on style request, but this thread is not about styles or whining.

TRINKETS!!!!

That brings me to trinkets. Are there any trinkets you would like to see? Personally, I am a fan of transformation trinkets. Ever since I played as that rhino for that solo challenge mission, I have been hooked. He has the horn attacks, kicks, etc. I would like to see him and...

Hydra

Phoenix

This guy
    [IMG]

Snake people
    [IMG]

Overseer
    [IMG]

Not a RP guy, but some of my characters were based on transformations. Think it would be cool to have these. Purely for fun, it add another dimension to game play.

I may be alone, but trinkets and styles are the only thing I spend real money on. Not stabilizers which I used some strip end station cash on when I was subbed just to test the odds, but real deal credit cards or pay-pal to recharge for MP cash.
    • Like x 2
  2. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I would like a trinket that turns me into tje armored Jor el from brothers in arms alert.
    • Like x 2
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

• Like x 9
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

A trinket that releases style/gear unlocking
    • Like x 6
  5. Disruptor Well-Known Player

A trinket that enlarges you for a few moment like those Weapons of Urgund do from those two New Gods raid when you are in the catacombs. That's the main reason I run that raid any more is walk around like a giant when the weapons drop and pick them up.

However, I would like it to be something you can by with Marks and not in the Time Capsules
    • Like x 4
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. Proxystar #Perception

A pet unicorn trinket lul
    • Like x 5
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I love trinkets. I love pets.

I'd like a Krypto trinket pet. And Streaky the Super-Cat. And Titano the Giant Ape. Maybe even Comet, the Super-Horse, and any other Super-Pets.

Another idea: steal from the defunct Mavel Heroes game and let us have trinkets of actual iconic JLA members to partner with and have as our side-kicks.

Powered only to our usual scale as side-kicks, of course, but with their iconic powers and moves.

But I'll probably love almost any pet trinket that is effective and not fugly.
    • Like x 1
  9. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Lantern Corps trinkets. One for each corps.

Yes, Larfleeze, if they do this you can have one too :p

:D
    • Like x 3
  10. Icon Active Player

YES!! This is exactly what I stated on another thread. In lieu of not having the ability to scale our toons size this would be effective as an alternative. I would love to see alternate size options available so you can make your toon microscopic (i.e. The Atom, Ant-Man) with in reason as well as giant sized like the you mentioned earlier. I'd also add an Overweight/Obese and Super Skinny option so you can make toons like Bouncing Boy and Plastic Man look more realistic.
    • Like x 4
  11. Dene Devoted Player

One day someone will make a thread that you can't slip this in to LOL
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

One day style unlocking will come out, but we all can't get what we want now can we????
    • Like x 5
  13. Dene Devoted Player

FWIW I think it will.. but it wont be how we envision and there will be tears
  14. Kzinti Committed Player

I would love to see a re-skin of backup that uses my alts
    • Like x 3
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

The Bat-Drone and the Jester Flying. These are rarely seen in the game and they are collected by DCUO collector's edition from 2011. Only you can get that by Ebay.
  16. Dene Devoted Player

I looked on ebay for months.. finally got lucky a year ago or so with a sealed PC copy, cost me $25 delivered and I got DB cash with it as well.. worth it
  17. DC Urban Committed Player

I was kind of thinking, it would be cool to have one of those. There are some cool characters in the corps.
  18. RogerBlack Committed Player

A New Idea Called “Taming Trinkets”...

[IMG]

Simply put, this is a trinket that allows you to 'stun & tame a certain type of enemy, for a short period of time'.... So that you can use the enemy's 'special powers' to bypass a very tedious environment puzzle (or environmental hazard). Or secure an object. Or complete a task.

NO, it s not meant to replace any 'Crowd Control' types of Troller powers.
    This is something else that is more geared toward enhancing 'tactical team gameplay'.

When you hit an enemy with the Taming Trinket, you are given a 'very short window of opportunity' to hit a (random) button to take control of it. (i.e. Circle, Square, Triangle or X on the PS4)

For Example >>> Let's say you are in a raid, and there was a LARGE 'destructible wall' (or door) that you have to completely knock down, in order to advance to the next area. And said Wall / Door is guarded by a mini-boss, say a GIANT CEREBUS.

[IMG]

If you DON'T use any 'Taming Trinkets' >>> The destructible wall / door requires ALOT of damage (by all 8 people) to knock it down. But first, you have to defeat the Giant Cerebus who is patrolling the vicinity & defending it. (So this could literally take SEVERAL MINUTES to defeat the guardian first, then bypass this Wall.)

If you DO use a 'taming trinket' >>> Someone can 'tame the Cerebus' (who has 3-heads that can spit a constant flow of fire) and use it to MELT that destructible wall / door within mere seconds.

------------------------------------------
    The Benefits of Using a Taming Trinket..

In a new raid, using the right combo of 'Taming Trinkets' (used by the right powersets) allows you to control certain NPC enemies and deploy them to knock down a destructible wall / door so you can take a shortcut across a dangerous area, in order to get the 'Speed Feat'.

Or perhaps if multiple members of your raid group have different types of Taming Trinkets... you can split your 8-man raid group into smaller 'tactical units'... which allow you to 'cover more ground'... and use Tamed NPC enemies to your advantage, to overcome multiple 'environmental obstacles' at the same time.

[IMG]

Or perhaps your raid group can use 2 or 3 different Taming Trinkets to control super-strong NPCs who can lift / move / carry certain objects within the environment to accomplish different goals, that either provide 'Feats' or allow you to complete additional 'raid objectives' that could provide exclusive Loot Drops.

Or perhaps there are different Feats / or goals in Elite versions of Content that may require your group to acquire some Taming Trinkets, in order to be successful.

Stuff like this is just the start...

5 Optional Rules for The Devs to Consider...

Optional Rule #1

The 'Taming Trinket' can only be fired 2x Twice (TBD) on each use... but it only works on (1) type of enemy until it completely 'cools down'... but the user can only tame (1) single enemy at a time.

(i.e. Whichever 'type of enemy' you hit FIRST with it... is the type of enemy you can control for a short period of time. until the 'cool down timer' resets itself.)

So if you are being assaulted by a large gang of enemies, which contain several different types of NPCs, one group member cannot control them all. Just one type of NPC at a time.

So you 'SHOULD BE TACTICAL' whenever using your Taming Trinket.

Decide 'which' NPC enemy will be most advantageous to accomplishing your goal... AND DO NOT MISS.

Optional Rule #2

All power sets could use ANY kind of Taming Trinket they wish... however, the Devs could consider create different 'Taming Trinkets' that provide special advantages... based on each powerset.

For Example >> An Ice DPS might prefer to use a 'Hypothermic Taming Trinket'.

A Hypothermic Taming Trinket would affect NPCs that use cold-based powers ALOT MORE than others... which means that an Ice-powered player can control an 'Kelvinizer' enemy NPC, or a 'Thermanator' enemy NPC, or an 'Ice Golem' enemy NPC... FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER... than say a Water Healer, or an Earth Tank (or any other powerset) could control the same type.

[IMG]

Or perhaps a Gadget Troll might prefer to use a 'NanoTech Taming Trinket'.

A NanoTech Taming Trinket would affect NPCs that use tech-based powers MORE than others... which means that a Gadget-powered player can control an 'OMAC Robot' enemy NPC, or a 'Brainiac Subjugator' enemy NPC, or an 'Overseer Robot' enemy NPC... FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER... than say a Fire Tank, or a Sorcery Healer (or any other powerset) could control the same type.

[IMG]

NOTE: Taming Trinkets are not meant to work on every single 'type' of enemy NPC in the whole game... just on the ones that the Devs designate, in future content.

Optional Rule #3

Taming Trinkets only work for about 10-20 seconds, Max. (Or whatever 'amount of time' the Devs deem appropriate)

You can release control of a 'Tamed' NPC at any time. (Using a 'button combo' that the Devs would assign)

However, while you are controlling an NPC using a Taming Trinket, your actual character is 'highly vulnerable' to attacks from other NPCs enemies. So your group has to 'work together' to keep 'The Tamer' very protected, until they relinquish control of the NPC, or the timer runs out. (Whichever comes first)

And whenever someone uses a Taming Trinket... they MIGHT draw aggro from remaining NPCs.. away from the Tank. Which means the Tank will have to hustle a bit little harder to keep 'The Tamer' from being overpowered. (This would be up to the Devs to determine)

This rule is meant to prevent an ENTIRE 8-MAN RAID GROUP from all firing their Taming Trinkets simultaneously... in order to overpower a mission.

Optional Rule #4

An NPC that has been Tamed cannot be KO'd until a 'cool down' has expired. (The Devs can decide the amount of time that is appropriate)

Perhaps the stronger the NPC is... the longer the 'cool down' period before it can be KO'd after Taming has worn off.

This could provide interesting gameplay mechanics in the future that involve not just 'which NPC' gets Tamed... but also 'When' you might want to attempt to Tame them.

Optional Rule #5

The Devs can decide whether or not Taming Trinkets can (or should) provide extra 'stat bonuses', 'special resistance' or 'immunities' while using them.. and under what circumstances they apply. (Whether based on location, or powerset. Or BOTH.)

They can also decide whether the power of Taming Trinkets can 'scale up' as your character increases levels & becomes more powerful.

[IMG]

in Conclusion...

The concept of Taming Trinkets might provide LOTS of different scenarios that could enhance gameplay mechanics, in a way that DCUO has never done before.

At the end of the day... perhaps this can help add another element to the game where we don't have to simply 'kill everything in our path' in order to finish certain open-world missions, or raids, or alerts, or duos, or races, or feats.

Perhaps it can also provide some additional circumstances where DCUO gamers have to be a bit more strategic in their approach.... and defeat certain enemies at certain times... or in a certain order... or use a certain type of NPC 'to herd' other NPCs to a certain location. Or whatever the Devs can think of.

They could shift the 'balance of power' during a boss fight... or provide a solution to challenging 'environment obstacles'... and/or provide interesting 'tactical decisions' that the group makes TOGETHER, based on the situation at hand & the 'powersets available' in the group.

This is Especially TRUE if the Devs decide to throw some 'curveballs' into the whole idea... and make certain Taming Trinkets completely 'inoperable' on certain NPCs... or provide random 'surprises' on how they work in certain situations, or within certain missions.

The DCUO Devs should free to use this idea in whole, or in part. (Or re-engineer it any way they see fit).
    This is a just a suggestion to 'start a conversation'.

Feel free to add your own suggestions to help improve this idea.

But please 'keep it positive' - TIA.

Cheers!!
    • Like x 5
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

I want a trinket that turns me into a dog, but not time-limited like that elixir you get in a raid.
    • Like x 1
  20. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

Turkey and Easter Bunny tonight the snowmen